•~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • off-topic/introduction thread- Vikalume 2. - Page 147 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 4th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #2191
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exordes View Post
I found this story from ESPN.com.

http://espn.go.com/sports/tennis/pow...month/february
Tennis Power Rankings By Jon Levey Special to ESPN.com

#1: Victoria Azarenka lost her No. 1 ranking, but got a measure of revenge by besting Serena in the Qatar final. It broke a nine-match winless drought against her chief rival and extended her current win streak to 14 matches. Her boyfriend, Redfoo, also claims to be working on music that incorporates Vika's trademark screech. Not only is love blind, it's evidently deaf and dumb, too.

#2: At 31, Serena Williams became the oldest woman to be ranked No. 1, eclipsing the mark set by Chris Evert in 1985. After the match, Williams instructed people to start referring to her as Don Serena, and that she expects every player to start paying tribute to do business on her tour.

#6: Maria Sharapova got blitzed by Serena Williams for the 11th straight time in the semis of Qatar. Sharapova was so distraught after another Serena setback she downed six bags of Smitten Sour Sugarpova candy and wouldn't start the postmatch news conference until each member of the media gave her a hug.

#10: After her straight-sets loss to Victoria Azarenka in the semis of Qatar, Agnieszka Radwanska is now 2-16 since 2010 against the three players currently ranked ahead of her. Still, there's no truth to the rumor that she's working on a time machine to travel back to 1995, when her playing style was much more effective.

lol,i saw the link a few days back in SS. it is pure gem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 5th, 2013, 11:49 PM   #2192
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Federer and Nadal in the same quarter of the draw in Indian Wells .

Last edited by ozza : Mar 6th, 2013 at 12:19 AM.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 08:26 AM   #2193
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy with Nadal's draw. First match Soeda/Harrison, R3 Youzhny/L. Mayer, R4 Seppi/Tipsarevic, QF Federer (and after that, if he wins, probably Ferrer again ). I'm really looking forward to see him participate in competitive matches on HC again.

Federer has the toughest draw of the big 4. He's number two seed and has to go through probably Nadal and Djokovic to defend his title. No way that's going to happen given his current form imo.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #2194
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone watching this all access hour? I presume Vika will be on at some point.
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 08:25 AM   #2195
country flag mrudka

mrudka is a name known to all mrudka is a name known to all mrudka is a name known to all mrudka is a name known to all mrudka is a name known to all mrudka is a name known to all mrudka is a name known to all mrudka is a name known to all mrudka is a name known to all mrudka is a name known to all mrudka is a name known to all

New tweet:
Back in the Desert! hello @BNPPARIBASOPEN #herewegoagain #TeamVIka

Can't wait to see Victoria playing and winning.
mrudka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #2196
country flag ozza

Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters
Taylor Townsend hanging in v Hradecka. Now 3-3. If she continues 2 develop US may have 3 top 5 young women in 2015-16 with TT, Keys & Sloane

Old Mar 7th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #2197
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I feel sorry for the young players. So many over the top expectations based on nothing really
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 11:51 PM   #2198
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Some results from Indian Wells (from Vika´s part of the main draw)

Victoria Azarenka vs BYE
Daniela Hantuchova vs Stephanie Foretz Gacon 6-3 3-6 6-4

Monica Niculescu d Elina Svitolina 6-0 6-0
Kirsten Flipkens vs BYE

Su-Wei Hsieh vs BYE
Bethanie Mattek-Sands vs Jamie Hampton 7-5 3-6 1-6

Urszula Radwanska d Arantxa Rus 6-3 6-3
Sloane Stephens vs BYE

So we´ll see Flipkens vs Niculescu and Stephens vs U. Radwanska and Hsieh vs Hampton on the second round. And of course, Vika vs Dani.

Last edited by Exordes : Mar 8th, 2013 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Results updated
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #2199
country flag Natural Joe

Three matches I'm especially looking forward to tonight: Vika vs Hantuchova, Nadal vs Harrison and Gulbis vs Tipsarevic.

Any matches on your schedule that you don't want to miss?
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #2200
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future

same as yours^^ plus ivanovic vs. Townsend.
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 03:29 AM   #2201
country flag Natural Joe

Caro flopping to Cornet right now.
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #2202
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

So there will be Urszula Radwanska vs Jamie Hampton on the third round, and the winner of the match should meet Vika on the forth round.
http://tennis.matchstat.com/Compare/-5723/-6577/-8405

One of these four players will make a quarterfinal: Nadia Petrova vs Julia Goerges (their first head-to-head match) or Caroline Wozniacki vs Elena Vesnina (head-to-head 5-1 for Caro in 2007-2011)

Quite interesting match-ups.....
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #2203
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
just looked at the atp results now. did anyone watch gulbis v tipsarevic?
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #2204
country flag Natural Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
just looked at the atp results now. did anyone watch gulbis v tipsarevic?
I did. Gulbis was playing really well but Tipsy lacked power, movement and fighting spirit. Ernie was great on returns - Janko had 76% first serves in but won only 38% of those points.

Next up is Seppi and then in R4 probably Nadal. If both bring their respective forms of this round into that match I'd favor Gulbis to win tbh.
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #2205
country flag Natural Joe

No Rafa today.

Gulbis cruising.