•~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • off-topic/introduction thread- Vikalume 2. - Page 126 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 15th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #1876
country flag Ksenia.
The fire still burns.

Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
I wish I learned another language when I was still a child when it's much easier to absorb information.
I have similar feelings... I actually learned 2 languages as a child, I'm 18 now and I have no idea about the process of learning a new language, it feels weird Though I wanna start learning German next semester.
Ksenia. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 15th, 2010, 07:03 PM   #1877
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia. View Post
I have similar feelings... I actually learned 2 languages as a child, I'm 18 now and I have no idea about the process of learning a new language, it feels weird Though I wanna start learning German next semester.
It's much more easier learning a language at school than on your own self, the teachers have a methodology where as when you're alone you kind of jump everywhere and nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
I'm guessing Katarzina is Polish for Katherine which would explain why it's so popular. It's a very pretty name though. A couple of the names I've picked out for my future daughters that I plan to have (if I ever do have kids) are Mina, Arabella, and Caprice. Old fashioned by still eye catching. You won't have one of those in your classes.

I would actually prefer to learn Latin first and then go to Italian and French so it's easier, but I think it would be weird trying to learn a dead language. I'm convinced that all languages are designed to mess with our heads, especially grammar. I wish I learned another language when I was still a child when it's much easier to absorb information. I've always been pretty well at English so I like to think if I'm taught properly another language I'd do pretty well. I've definitely thought about Romanian! It's sort of the little bit of everything in Europe language so once you learn it you could probably learn anything else and be okay.

Really? I know there aren't a lot of French speaking regions out there but I would assume that French would be popular since I have yet to hear of a high school or a university (at least here in the States) that doesn't offer French. I guess because it's an old language and well loved it's still taught. And I've already needed it a couple of times in my self-studies and had to ask a couple of friends to translate for me.
Katarzina = Katherine ? I never thought of that, well, thanks for the info, you're really indeed a very good name encyclopedia that's cool... I prefer then the polish version it's very much more beautiful and sexy...

Caprice is a beautiful name, it means to throw tantrums in french, I think Caprice Azarenka would be a perfect name for Vika, capricieuse Victoria.

Well no it isn't, I guess french is popular because of Paris, not Paris Hilton (...) and the ideal around Paris... I watched a little bit the rankings and we're 11th in the most spoken even russian is ahead of us, here are also more japanese and german speakers too...
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #1878
country flag Daruma.

Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute

I have tried to learn Italian on my own and as vikapower pointed out, I had some trouble deciding what to learn next. In the end, I ended up all confused and gave up eventually.
Daruma. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2010, 10:42 PM   #1879
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh, I've taken Spanish for so long yet it still irritates me. I'm just not good at it! My thing is, I can understand it very well, can speak it decently but I can't write it to save my life.

My dream is to take Russian though. Even if it is hard.
I know like bits and phrases, you know like conversational stuff, but that's about it.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 02:33 AM   #1880
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikapower View Post
It's much more easier learning a language at school than on your own self, the teachers have a methodology where as when you're alone you kind of jump everywhere and nowhere.

Katarzina = Katherine ? I never thought of that, well, thanks for the info, you're really indeed a very good name encyclopedia that's cool... I prefer then the polish version it's very much more beautiful and sexy...

Caprice is a beautiful name, it means to throw tantrums in french, I think Caprice Azarenka would be a perfect name for Vika, capricieuse Victoria.

Well no it isn't, I guess french is popular because of Paris, not Paris Hilton (...) and the ideal around Paris... I watched a little bit the rankings and we're 11th in the most spoken even russian is ahead of us, here are also more japanese and german speakers too...
I would assume it's the Polish variant of Katherine sort of like how Ekaterina/Katerina/Kateryna is the Russian/Slavic version of the name. I used to study names a bit, but I'm just guessing.

LOL! The English meaning is much nicer "from the island Caprice". I like it though, it is perfect for our Vika!
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 02:59 PM   #1881
country flag bluestorm10

bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold

Hey everyone! What's up with you guys?

I got tickets for the Friday night showing of Harry Potter! It was close to being sold-out too.
bluestorm10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 03:12 PM   #1882
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Oh nice. Part 1 of HP7 is premiering here tonight. Not going though.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 03:19 PM   #1883
country flag bluestorm10

bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieterenka View Post

Oh nice. Part 1 of HP7 is premiering here tonight. Not going though.
Oh, not a fan?

I'm a huge fan but it mostly dates back to my chilhood.
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 03:24 PM   #1884
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestorm10 View Post
Oh, not a fan?

I'm a huge fan but it mostly dates back to my chilhood.
Well I don't mind watching the movies but I'm not a die-hard fan that goes to the premier nights etc if you know what I mean? Never read any of the books either (although I got Half-Blood Prince as b-day gift from my grandma once ). I recently saw The Order Of The Phoenix for the first time and I wasn't really fond of it. I hope the next movies will be better.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 03:30 PM   #1885
country flag bluestorm10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieterenka View Post
Well I don't mind watching the movies but I'm not a die-hard fan that goes to the premier nights etc if you know what I mean? Never read any of the books either (although I got Half-Blood Prince as b-day gift from my grandma once ). I recently saw The Order Of The Phoenix for the first time and I wasn't really fond of it. I hope the next movies will be better.
Oh I see. Nothing wrong with that. Yeah, the movies aren't that great in my opinion but I still go crazy watching them.
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 07:54 PM   #1886
country flag saul1333
język

saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute

I only read the first book in 7th grade as a punishment the teacher made us write ch 7 or something (the long one, 19 page chapter with Diagon Alley)..twice
saul1333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 07:57 PM   #1887
country flag Daruma.

Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to watch it this friday. I hope I'll be satisfied.
Daruma. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 09:44 PM   #1888
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

So jealous of all of you going! I won't get to go until next Wednesday probably. Weekend school trip.... It's hilarious because there's one group of my friends (myself included) who love HP but hate Twilight and then our other group of friends is the reverse. Ugh I hate those vampires...
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 11:13 PM   #1889
country flag bluestorm10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentine View Post
So jealous of all of you going! I won't get to go until next Wednesday probably. Weekend school trip.... It's hilarious because there's one group of my friends (myself included) who love HP but hate Twilight and then our other group of friends is the reverse. Ugh I hate those vampires...
You're part of the good side, in my opinion. I don't understand the Twilight hype.
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 06:34 PM   #1890
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I'm the universal dork of the Vikaland. I'm a Harry Potter fan and a Twilight fan. Don't shoot! I mean no harm! (I prefer the books, the movies are subpar at best)
I'm not going to see HP7 until Tuesday next week, it's $1 popcorn day at the local theatre that day.

But then again I probably already was the universal dork of Vikaland to start with because I read more than I watch tv.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote