SCORELINES (ROUND 1) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 12:08 PM   #1
manuelanmaggielover

manuelanmaggielover is just really nice manuelanmaggielover is just really nice manuelanmaggielover is just really nice manuelanmaggielover is just really nice manuelanmaggielover is just really nice manuelanmaggielover is just really nice manuelanmaggielover is just really nice manuelanmaggielover is just really nice manuelanmaggielover is just really nice manuelanmaggielover is just really nice manuelanmaggielover is just really nice
SCORELINES (ROUND 1)

Hi all,
I am starting up this game for the new season as promised. The rules are simple. We will be predicting 4 1st round, 4 2nd round, all quarterfinal, semifinal and finals
Here are the matches to predict:

higher ranked player in capitals

MAGDALENA MALEEVA vs silvia farina-elia
CHANDA RUBIN vs elena dementieva
ANATASIA MYSKINA vs elena bovina
ALEXANDRA STEVENSON vs mary pierce

RULES:

Making predictions:
All you have to do is predict the SCORELINES of the matches I present to you. Including tiebreak scores. (Sounds easy enough, doesn't it?)

I will select four matches in early rounds of smaller tourneys, (2 matches in early rounds in Slams and large draw tourneys). All quarterfinals, semi-finals, and the final will be in play.

When writing your predictions, ALWAYS write predicted winner's name first, for example:
Seles d. Hingis 7-6(2) 4-6 7-5
Do not write: Hingis v. Seles 6-7(2) 6-4 5-7

*YOU CAN POST OR CHANGE YOUR PREDICTIONS UP TO THE START OF THE MATCH. Predictions are closed once the match has STARTED.*

*IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHANGE YOUR PREDICTIONS, PLEASE DO ANOTHER POST(DO NOT EDIT YOUR FIRST POST) OR YOUR PREDICTIONS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED. *

Ties:
In the event of a tie following the final, winner will be determined by player with highest score in a single round. If still tied, next highest round, and so on.

Explanation of Scoring:

PREDICTING THE WINNER:

The only points scored for predicting the winner of a given match are for making a prediction in the correct number of sets as follows:

2 Set Match Predictions:
~'Favorite' predicted/wins in 2 sets= 5 pts
~'Upset' predicted/occurs in 2 sets= 20 pts

3 Set Match Predictions:
~'Favorite' predicted/wins in 3 sets= 5 pts
~'Upset' predicted/occurs in 3 sets=15 pts

Winner predicted, wrong amount of sets predicted =3 pts

*Note: Favorite/Upset determined by Player Rankings at start of tourney (Favorite will be in bold) Consecutively ranked players will not earn points in this section,(for example, 5 vs. 6) as there is no clear favorite in this case.

PERFECT PREDICTIONS:

2 set match scorelines:
~EXACT = 40 pts
~Reversed = 20 pts

3 set match scorelines:
~EXACT = 60 pts
~1 set EXACT, 2 reversed = 40 pts
~All 3 out of order = 30 pts

*Note: "Perfect Predictions" must include a tiebreak won, but not exact tiebreak score. See Bonus Scoring below.

CLOSE CALLS:

Any one set score (correct winner, order):

~Exact = 20 pts
~One game off = 5 pts
(i.e. Prediction: 6-3 Actual: 6-4)

Note: Tiebreaks count for one game off score, so actual 7-5 earns 5 pts for 7-6 prediction and visa versa (correct winner only)

Any one set score (correct winner, out of order):
~Exact = 10 pts

*NOTE: a set prediction can score only once-- for highest value, (excepting tiebreaks)

BONUS SCORING-TIEBREAKS:

Tiebreak predictions (per set) score as follows:

1. Any tiebreak set (score, order, winner-- all irrelevant) = 3 pts

2. Tiebreak set(correct winner, any order, any score) = 5 pts

3. Tiebreak set (correct winner, correct order, any score) = 10 pts

4. Tiebreak set(correct SCORE, winner, any order) = 25 pts

5. Tiebreak set (correct SCORE, winner, order = 50 pts

**Note on Bonus scoring: These points are additional to Exact or Out of Order scores earned . Highest value is applied--they are not cumulative.

As you can see, predicting Tiebreak sets and scores can really boost your point totals! So don't forget to predict the score when predicting your tiebreaks,
--i.e. 7-6(5) or 6-7(2) <---Losing score always in paranetheses.

Explanation of terms used:
<>'Order' refers to correct prediction of occurance (i.e. 1st, 2nd, or 3rd set)
<>'out of order'or 'reverse' order refers to correct score prediction, but in wrong set
<>'winner' refers to winner of any given set (or tiebreak) regardless of match outcome.

Enjoy!
All Time #1's
Canada #1 in Hockey!
manuelanmaggielover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 12:15 PM   #2
country flag 2ace2

2ace2 has much to be proud of 2ace2 has much to be proud of 2ace2 has much to be proud of 2ace2 has much to be proud of 2ace2 has much to be proud of 2ace2 has much to be proud of 2ace2 has much to be proud of 2ace2 has much to be proud of 2ace2 has much to be proud of 2ace2 has much to be proud of 2ace2 has much to be proud of
MAGDALENA MALEEVA def. silvia farina-elia 7-5 4-6 6-2
CHANDA RUBIN def. elena dementieva 6-2 6-3
elena bovina def. ANASTACIA MYSKINA 7-6(7-4) 6-3
ALEXANDRA STEVENSON def. mary pierce 7-5 7-5

Last edited by 2ace2 : Jan 5th, 2003 at 12:22 PM.
2ace2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2003, 12:16 PM   #3
country flag Tennisfan-Mtl

Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of
Farina-Elia def. Maleeva 6-3, 2-6, 7-5
Rubin def. Dementieva 7-6(3), 6-4
Bovina def. Myskina 5-7, 6-3, 6-2
Stevenson def. Pierce 6-1, 1-6, 6-3
Tennisfan-Mtl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2003, 12:18 PM   #4
country flag AaronJoyB

AaronJoyB has a reputation beyond repute AaronJoyB has a reputation beyond repute AaronJoyB has a reputation beyond repute AaronJoyB has a reputation beyond repute AaronJoyB has a reputation beyond repute AaronJoyB has a reputation beyond repute AaronJoyB has a reputation beyond repute AaronJoyB has a reputation beyond repute AaronJoyB has a reputation beyond repute AaronJoyB has a reputation beyond repute AaronJoyB has a reputation beyond repute
farina 62 64
dementieva 75 75
myskina 75 16 63
pierce 63 46 60
AaronJoyB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2003, 12:21 PM   #5
country flag coli

coli is just really nice coli is just really nice coli is just really nice coli is just really nice coli is just really nice coli is just really nice coli is just really nice coli is just really nice coli is just really nice coli is just really nice coli is just really nice
Farina 6-4, 6-3

Dementieva 6-7, 6-4, 7-5

Bovina 6-4, 6-2

Stevenson 7-5, 6-1
coli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2003, 12:40 PM   #6
country flag Wimanna

Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute
Farina Elia - Maleeva 7-5 6-3
Rubin - Dementieva 6-4 6-2
Bovina - Myskina 7-6 (5) 5-7 6-2
Stevenson - Pierce 6-2 6-2
Wimanna is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2003, 12:50 PM   #7
motta

motta is just really nice motta is just really nice motta is just really nice motta is just really nice motta is just really nice motta is just really nice motta is just really nice motta is just really nice motta is just really nice motta is just really nice motta is just really nice
Maleeva 4/6 6/2 6/3
Rubin 6/4 6/1
Bovina 7/5 7/6(4)
Pierce 6/3 6/4
motta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2003, 12:51 PM   #8
country flag ghosts
Team WTAworld

ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute
Maleeva def. Farina Elia 6/4 3/6 6/4
Rubin def. Dementieva 6/4 6/3
Bovina def. Myskina 6/3 1/6 6/4
Stevenson def. Pierce 6/3 6/4

My #1 in tennis
>> Tsvetana Pironkova <<

ghosts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2003, 12:53 PM   #9
Experimentee

Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute
MAGDALENA MALEEVA def silvia farina-elia 6-4 7-5
CHANDA RUBIN def elena dementieva 6-3 6-2
elena bovina def ANASTASIA MYSKINA 6-3 6-4
ALEXANDRA STEVENSON def mary pierce 6-4 7-5
Experimentee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2003, 03:43 PM   #10
country flag Aphrodite

Aphrodite has a brilliant future Aphrodite has a brilliant future Aphrodite has a brilliant future Aphrodite has a brilliant future Aphrodite has a brilliant future Aphrodite has a brilliant future Aphrodite has a brilliant future Aphrodite has a brilliant future Aphrodite has a brilliant future Aphrodite has a brilliant future Aphrodite has a brilliant future
MAGDALENA MALEEVA bt. silvia farina-elia 6-4, 3-6, 6-3
CHANDA RUBIN bt. elena dementieva 6-4, 6-2
ANATASIA MYSKINA bt. elena bovina 7-5, 3-6, 6-4
MARY PIERCE bt. alexandra stevenson 6-4, 4-6, 6-2
Aphrodite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2003, 03:59 PM   #11
country flag LucasArg

LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute
MALEEVA def farina elia 7-5 6-2
RUBIN def dementieva 6-4 5-7 6-2
MYSKINA def bovina 7-5 6-4
pierce def STEVENSON 6-4 7-6(5)
LucasArg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2003, 04:02 PM   #12
country flag AleOrtu

AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute
Silvia Farina def. Maleeva 6-4 6-3
Dementieva def. Rubin 7-5 7-5
Myskina def. Bovina 1-6 7-6(3) 6-4
Mary Pierce def. Stevenson 6-1 6-2

Eleni Daniilidou - Iveta Benesova - Melanie Klaffner - Gisela Dulko - Daniela Hantuchova - Jelena Dokic - Karolina Sprem -

Akenatón rules, Horemheb sucks
Member #5452 Making Your Life Better Since 2002
AleOrtu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2003, 04:03 PM   #13
country flag Martian Martin
Team WTAworld
The Martian Llama

Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future
Farina Elia def Maleeva 6-4 2-6 6-3
Rubin def Dementieva 6-1 7-6 (3)
Myskina def Bovina 6-3 4-6 7-5
Stevenson def Pierce 6-3 6-4
Martian Martin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2003, 04:14 PM   #14
country flag JonBcn
Tart with a Heart

JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute
MAGDALENA MALEEVA d. silvia farina-elia 6-4 7-5
CHANDA RUBIN vs elena dementieva 4-6 6-4 6-2
Elena Bovina d. Anastasia Myskina 6-4 6-4
ALEXANDRA STEVENSON d. mary pierce 7-5 6-4
Old Jan 5th, 2003, 06:03 PM   #15
joao

joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road
farina-elia 7-5 6-4
CHANDA RUBIN 6-4 7-5
elena bovina 6-3 2-6 6-2
ALEXANDRA STEVENSON 6-3 3-6 6-4

It's fun, friendly and free!!!!

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most", Darwinian Motto
joao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote