Petra Kvitova Dirty Fighting in Mud: Last Dance at Tournoi de Roland-Garros - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 27th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #76
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova Dirty Fighting in Mud: 1st stop Home Slam Katowice at Spodek Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Since we are receiving complaints, can I give a reminder to our policy on ATP related posts:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=307896

Please try to stick to the topic at hand, which is the upcoming clay tournaments of Petra. A passing comment about ATP is not unacceptable, this thread contains too many of them however.
Thank you for explaining something that SHOULD have been simple for anyone with an elementary-school education

....And in case anyone hasn't figured it out yet,I'M the one who complained,though Lufa was apparently tired of the B.S.,too.If you wanna blab endlesly about men's tennis,there's a casa de maricas named MTF where you can compare your OWN softness to the swishes on the ATP tour....And if anyone else has a problem with THAT...Chupame la verga

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 27th, 2013, 10:39 PM   #77
country flag Palkov

Palkov is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Petra Kvitova Dirty Fighting in Mud: 1st stop Home Slam Katowice at Spodek Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Is anyone betting on Petra winning the BNP Paribas Katowice Open?
Me? Rather not..do not forget we are on Petra's rollercoaster wagon. She can easily lose in the 2nd round to some of many Czech gals presented there and also she is not frequently No.1 seeded (nerves?). But if HuggyBear stays home and will coach only via SMS (like he did during Dubai), who knows?

Knock on wood for great start of clay season...
Palkov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #78
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palkov View Post
Me? Rather not..do not forget we are on Petra's rollercoaster wagon. She can easily lose in the 2nd round to some of many Czech gals presented there and also she is not frequently No.1 seeded (nerves?). But if HuggyBear stays home and will coach only via SMS (like he did during Dubai), who knows?

To be fair to Petra,very few players get to be the #1 seed unless they play smaller events,and Petra has limits on how many Internationals she's allowed to play.When Petra plays at a typical big Premier,it usually has at least a couple members of the Top 5,and that means that Petra will have a respectable seeding...just not #1.

Wasn't Petra the top seed at Linz in 2011,though?You might be right about nerves but,personally,I'm more worried about complacency and OVER-confidence

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 08:53 AM   #79
country flag Palkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
To be fair to Petra,very few players get to be the #1 seed unless they play smaller events,and Petra has limits on how many Internationals she's allowed to play.When Petra plays at a typical big Premier,it usually has at least a couple members of the Top 5,and that means that Petra will have a respectable seeding...just not #1.

Wasn't Petra the top seed at Linz in 2011,though?You might be right about nerves but,personally,I'm more worried about complacency and OVER-confidence
Good point...I would say that over-confidence is more issue for different players than Petra (she is still far away from Serena or Masha in this area). Petra just too often underestimates a low-ranked opponent.
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #80
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Good point...I would say that over-confidence is more issue for different players than Petra (she is still far away from Serena or Masha in this area). Petra just too often underestimates a low-ranked opponent.
Yeah,the last part of your post is basically what I meant.It's not that Petra is arrogant,per se,with regard to other players,but she's probably at least vaguely familiar with their results in most cases,and she might not have a very intense focus,sometimes,if she faces a player with a much-lower ranking.That can happen to almost ANY skilled athlete or team,on occasion,but Petra underperforms a little too often when she should be threatening to put certain opponents in the Petra Express(less than 1 hour)thread

Old Mar 28th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #81
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
She underestimates mainly her self, that's the problem. I woudln't say she's that kind of person who underestimates the others, it's connected to her character. If I look at how she treats other people she's supposed to overestimate other players, but as Kotyza ones said: "When she's on court, she's totally different person...", so probably it's a bit more complicated.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #82
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:

Do you know if she is already practicing on clay and getting ready for the next tournament? Im wondering if she would do it outdoors, Prostejov have clay indoors courts? Im guessing is still cold over there.. Thanks!
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #83
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
She underestimates mainly her self, that's the problem. I woudln't say she's that kind of person who underestimates the others, it's connected to her character. If I look at how she treats other people she's supposed to overestimate other players, but as Kotyza ones said: "When she's on court, she's totally different person...", so probably it's a bit more complicated.
Petra doesnt have a bitch attitude like the top 3, she is very nice, so Im not sure if everytime she steps on court, she wants to destroy and humiliate her opponents, she is very kind with her opponents, and sometimes overconfident, she needs to figure still... I think!
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #84
country flag bruce goose

According to what Petronius posted(and this was a surprising admission from him),the arenas they used for Extraliga in Prostejov were so small,height-wise,that they couldn't even accommodate good camera angles to televise the event.Obviously,I haven't seen those facilities but,if they're as modest as they were described,then INDOOR clay is very unlikely

Old Mar 28th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #85
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Do you know if she is already practicing on clay and getting ready for the next tournament? Im wondering if she would do it outdoors, Prostejov have clay indoors courts? Im guessing is still cold over there.. Thanks!
Yes, there is still pretty cold for tennis but it must be similar every year, where she was preparing herself last year and the years before?

EDIT:
Oh yeah, I remember now. There is an option oftentimes used in our country which is hide the clay courts under the pneumatic tent, I think you know what I mean.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #86
country flag Palkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Well, I would expect her to practice in between playing with her nieces
Seriously, based on Prostejov Tennis club web pages http://www.tkagrofert.cz/index-en.ph...a=16&sel_rub=2 In case of bad weather, there is the possibility of using two inflatable indoor halls, one of them with a hard court is accessible throughout the year
So, they got this pneumatic tent Jack has referred to.
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #87
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Well, I would expect her to practice in between playing with her nieces
Seriously, based on Prostejov Tennis club web pages http://www.tkagrofert.cz/index-en.ph...a=16&sel_rub=2 In case of bad weather, there is the possibility of using two inflatable indoor halls, one of them with a hard court is accessible throughout the year
So, they got this pneumatic tent Jack has referred to.
You mentioned HARD court,but would it be possible for Petra to access a CLAY court at those same facilities?Can those clay courts accommodate the pneumatic tent?

Old Mar 28th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #88
country flag Palkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
You mentioned HARD court,but would it be possible for Petra to access a CLAY court at those same facilities?Can those clay courts accommodate the pneumatic tent?
Yes, one of the indoors covers a clay court - the temporary tent, at least I suppose. I have never been there personally. Does anybody know? Paulmara, honzaneumann?

Last edited by Palkov : Mar 28th, 2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #89
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Yes, one of the indoors covers a clay court - the temporary tent, at least I suppose. I have never been there personally. Does anybody knows? Paulmara, honzaneumann?
Well,the folks with the Prostejov facility definitely deserve some credit for such contingencies .I'm curious as to how many years they've had those preparations....will assume that Petra will take the initiative to ask for the pneumatic tent whenever she has to practice during inclement weather

I remember a couple years ago when some of us here at TF were checking the live feed from Bad Gastein(which is notorious for excessive rain),and the tourney chief walked out on to the court with one of the grounds managers and stood there,looking up at the sky,as it drizzled.They just STOOD there,as if they were saying,'Gee,if this rain keeps up,we might have to cover the court with the tarp'.Maybe it was a battery-powered roll-out tarp and they didn't want to run up their electric bill

Last edited by bruce goose : Mar 29th, 2013 at 05:07 AM.
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #90
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait for Madrid since it is back to red clay
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote