Petra Kvitova Dirty Fighting in Mud: Last Dance at Tournoi de Roland-Garros - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #46
country flag honzaneumannn

honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all
Re: Petra Kvitova Dirty Fighting in Mud: 1st stop Home Slam Katowice at Spodek Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Well, I think that he is and he's showing it from the start of the year, his main problem is the Big 4, but that's the same for the rest of men tennis pros in the world. Petra has an advantage of her head and that there is no Big 4 on WTA tour to stop her everytime. Yea some say that there's Big 3, but that's just group of consistent players, only one of them who could hold such name is Serena (in terms of dominance). So you must think of that when you're saying this. ;-)
Moreover, tell me when was the last time when Petra beat one of them? And think of when Tomas did. You'll get a better view how it is now. .)
And mine opinion about your theory, you can't make any theory because we didn't see any "normal year" (counting last 3 or 4).

He hasn't even had a chance to choke because Berdych didn't even give him chance to breath.
Dont think so. Thomas had a MP with Tsonga this year in a F match, couldnt capitalize on it and then choked in the 3rd. Unlike that, Petra is a kind of player, who is able to close out the crucial final matches, as Sam Smith often mentioned. Petra was able to beat Azarenka in 2 big finals (Madrid, YEC) and Masha in that W final. Something Berdych can only dream of.

Del Potro isnt obviously that much consistent as Berdych is, but still a much better chance than by Thomas to win another GS final. Something like Petra.

The match between Berdych and Querry was not that much demonstrative because Querry fell out of the rhythm as not having to play the round before (walkover with Milos R.). Always better to have some regular rhythm there which Berd clearly had after being forced to play that long match with Falla...

Last edited by honzaneumannn : Mar 26th, 2013 at 10:18 PM.
honzaneumannn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:19 PM   #47
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova Dirty Fighting in Mud: 1st stop Home Slam Katowice at Spodek Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by honzaneumannn View Post
Dont think so. Regarding the fact, that -a and -ova are alternative Czech endings of own names, I would rather say, that it has something to do with "kviti" or "kvet". I graduated from Prague FFUK (Czech/German), so I think, this ethymology job could be mine. Kvet - Kvita are much more likely each other related than a proximity of Kvita with a non-czech word "kvitovat".

Plus I think, "kvitovat" has much more to do with the Germany word "quittieren" or its Latin equivalent which is surely going to be some similar word.
It's great that you have such a solid education,but could you tell the rest of us what 'kvet' or 'kviti' mean---and how they relate to 'Kvitova'?

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #48

honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
It's great that you have such a solid education,but could you tell the rest of us what 'kvet' or 'kviti' mean---and how they relate to 'Kvitova'?
Kvet = flower or floret etc..

Kviti = flowers (plural).

Not an absolutelly exact translation, because "kviti" does not seem to have an EN equivalent, but good enough for you to have some vision.

Nice words, arent they?
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #49
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Plus I think, "kvitovat" has much more to do with the Germany word "quittieren" or its Latin equivalent which is surely going to be some similar word.
dunno but i think it has more to do with Russian word 'obilechivat' cos it's how it directly translates into Russian from Czech, In English it can be translated like to give out receipts but more accrued translation is hard to give cos this word describes whole action what conductor does when he punches tickets when you give them to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Please keep this secret away from our fellow US posters. This 'choker' has just double-breadsticked the US No. 1 Sam Querry
Querry is mug, do i need i need to remind you about his recent matches vs Rafa, Novak or my beloved headcase Tsonga?

Quote:
Kvet = flower or floret etc..

Kviti = flowers (plural).

Not an absolutelly exact translation, because "kviti" does not seem to have an EN equivalent, but good enough for you to have some vision.

Nice words, arent they?
I see you with me on Kvitko being as source

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #50
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Dont think so. Thomas had a MP with Tsonga this year in a F match, couldnt capitalize on it and then choked in the 3rd. Unlike that, Petra is a kind of player, who is able to close out the crucial final matches, as Sam Smith often mentioned. Petra was able to beat Azarenka in 2 big finals (Madrid, YEC) and Masha in that W final. Something Berdych can only dream of.

Del Potro isnt obviously that much consistent as Berdych is, but still a much better chance than by Thomas to win another GS final. Something like Petra.

The match between Berdych and Querry was not that much demonstrative because Querry fell out of the rhythm not having to play the round before (walkover with Milos R.). Always better to have some regular rhythm there which Berd clearly had after being forced to play that long match with Falla...
Well, you skiped some parts of my words you didn't like so, I won't try to answer too seriously either.
I wouldn't count that MP against Tsonga because he erased it with an ace, so no MP in fact. And you can't win everything, Petra also haven't win all the finals. And I don't want you to think that I think that Tomas is better, I just don't like to compare them, it's stupid and I don't like your exaggerated critique of him.
And that Querry thing, it was just one day. He didn't get in his rhythm because Berdych didn't allowed him to do that, yes, it was mainly Querry's fault that he didn't, but this only highlighted the loss. But that's just the interpretation you cannot except, so I'm just wasting my time here.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #51

Quote:
Well, you skiped some parts of my words you didn't like so, I won't try to answer too seriously either.
I wouldn't count that MP against Tsonga because he erased it with an ace, so no MP in fact. And you can't win everything, Petra also haven't win all the finals. And I don't want you to think that I think that Tomas is better, I just don't like to compare them, it's stupid and I don't like your exaggerated critique of him.
And that Querry thing, it was just one day. He didn't get in his rhythm because Berdych didn't allowed him to do that, yes, it was mainly Querry's fault that he didn't, but this only highlighted the loss. But that's just the interpretation you cannot except, so I'm just wasting my time here.
Much more than Berdychs effort, todays match between the 2 was about being positively started thanks to a match before, which Berdych clearly was, but Querry wasnt and surely could not be, because he didnt have to play the match before..Something, which is always very important in tennis having the right rhythm...

If there is a close tiebreak with Berdychs chance to close it out as a winning match, Berdych had to do it. Petra could do the same in 10 of 12 cases. And Tomas? Better not to remember. But still, much more consistent than Petra, which is really interesting.

But the fact, that Petra is a much better player, can also be seen on price-money won up until now on tour. Petra being freshly 23 old and already some 10 mil. USD there, Thomas being 4 years older and only 13 mil. USD there. That speaks about Petras ability to dominate the crucial (and much better paid) matches, which Tomas cant do yet.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
dunno but i think it has more to do with Russian word 'obilechivat' cos it's how it directly translates into Russian from Czech, In English it can be translated like to give out receipts but more accrued translation is hard to give cos this word describes whole action what conductor does when he punches tickets when you give them to him.

Querry is mug, do i need i need to remind you about his recent matches vs Rafa, Novak or my beloved headcase Tsonga?

I see you with me on Kvitko being as source
The "kvitko" as an origin word for "Kvit-a" seems to be clearly the best ethymologic relation which can be found - you are totally right here.
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 03:00 AM   #53
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The "kvitko" as an origin word for "Kvit-a" seems to be clearly the best ethymologic relation which can be found - you are totally right here.
Nothing against Berdych,but talking about Petra's name has been a LOT more interesting than anything about men's tennis.When those prehistoric thinkers at MTF start giving the gals more credit for marketing the sport worldwide,then I'll consider giving more praise to the swishy man purse-carriers on the other side of tennis

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 05:39 AM   #54
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

I think Berdych is more consistent than Petra is, he doesn't play shitty tennis too often like Petra does. I meant he doesn't lose to mugs too often like Petra does, Petra can lose against anybody. Berdych is playing very well so far, better than Petra.
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 09:18 AM   #55
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Kvitko is simply her nickname, as simply as that. Don't try to overdo this homework.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
I think Berdych is more consistent than Petra is, he doesn't play shitty tennis too often like Petra does. I meant he doesn't lose to mugs too often like Petra does, Petra can lose against anybody. Berdych is playing very well so far, better than Petra.
Yes, exactly, nothing else! Some people are clearly afraid of saying that he plays better than Petra although she's much more talented and has already more titles and 1 GS under her belt. But now, in the past one or one and a half year I can't remember that she did beat even one of the WTA Big 3 (counting Sharapova, Azarenka and Serena), last time I can remember is WTA championships at the end of the 2011. Just for comparison, Berdych's "last time" was this year in Dubai against Federer, so in last 1,5 year it is 3:0 for Tomas and that is not good, say what you want.
I'll be happy when she beat somebody from the first 3 in the rankings and start to get better in GS, until then, Tomas is simply better in terms of results.
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #56
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'll be happy when she beat somebody from the first 3 in the rankings and start to get better in GS, until then, Tomas is simply better in terms of results.

I know you Czech guys love your ATP hope Berdych but don't go overboard with this. Let's compare results in 2012 at Big events
Berdych AO: QF RG: R16 Wimby: R128 OG: R64 USO: SF
Petra AO: SF RG: SF Wimby: QF OG: QF USO: R16.
Since 2011 Petra won 3 Premier tournaments, Berdych won only two MMs(ATP 250), so Who has been more consistent? If Petra wasn't injured at the start and the end of 2012 she would have even better results maybe even winning Dubai in 2012 when surface was even faster almost as grass, let's even forget start of 2012, Petra's illness at YEC hurt her rankings coming to 2013 and deprived her of some big wins you were talking about, Berdych managed to score only one win in RR at WTF, do you really think Petra would have worse results then him or even lost Aga if she wasn't injured? She would have easily gotten to SF or even Final cos she would have faced Vika in SF. Stop it with Berdych better then Petra, it's bullshit just because Petra had one bad results at biggest stage in more then 2 years doesn't make Berdych better at Slams then Petra, he has only ONE big title and it was in long gone 2005 winning Paris masters, Petra achieved more in less time and her bad loss at AO is a product of her 180 degree change in fitness that happened month before AO

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus

Last edited by ShiftyFella : Mar 27th, 2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #57
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post

I know you Czech guys love your ATP hope Berdych but don't go overboard with this. Let's compare results in 2012 at Big events
Berdych AO: QF RG: R16 Wimby: R128 OG: R64 USO: SF
Petra AO: SF RG: SF Wimby: QF OG: QF USO: R16.
Since 2011 Petra won 3 Premier tournaments, Berdych won only two MMs(ATP 250), so Who has been more consistent? If Petra wasn't injured at the start and the end of 2012 she would have even better results maybe even winning Dubai in 2012 when surface was even faster almost as grass, let's even forget start of 2012, Petra's illness at YEC hurt her rankings coming to 2013 and deprived her of some big wins you were talking about, Berdych managed to score only one win in RR at WTF, do you really think Petra would have worse results then him or even lost Aga if she wasn't injured? She would have easily gotten to SF or even Final cos she would have faced Vika in SF. Stop it with Berdych better then Petra, it's bullshit just because Petra had one bad results at biggest stage in more then 2 years doesn't make Berdych better at Slams then Petra, he has only ONE big title and it was in long gone 2005 winning Paris masters, Petra achieved more in less time and her bad loss at AO is a product of her 180 degree change in fitness that happened month before AO
I knew what is gonna come and I've got it. Thank for your funny post, Shifty!
I was just trying to piss off Honza and it got out of my control, but I kind of forget where I'm.

Now, a little more seriously. I was talking about matches against the best of the best, you didn't have to write all the good results and comparisons, I know them and I'm not questioning her results last year on GS (she's done her best results on 3 of 4 GS last year and first half of a year was good enough for me! - unlike many others), I just wanted to say, that I'm not happy with her results against the top player a that it is a bit better with Berdych, that's all.
Again, he's not better and he can't be, but he's doing great from the last year's Olympics. Petra is much more talented and could become no.1 if she could play well long enough which is bloody tough if you have to deal with injuries and diseases (I hope she got over this).

Quote:
I know you Czech guys love your ATP hope Berdych.
Yep, why do not confess, but I think that lot of people from other countries (such as yours) where they don't have such a good player are a little jealous.
But I don't want to continue in this "Berdych vs Petra war" because - as I said - it's stupid, especially for me as a big fun of both of them.

P.S.: I deleted the Asian guy from the quote because he's a little too gay.
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #58
country flag bruce goose

Well,I'll give Berdych some credit for embarassing the U.S.' #1 player on his own soil,but let's keep the forum more focused on PETRA since I can almost guarantee you that the man-purse-carriers at MTF aren't spending any time giving the Lioness any credit

Old Mar 27th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #59
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Berdych since he turned pro in 2004 is 8-10 in finals, with one lost slam final among those 10.

Petra is 10-2, with a slam title and a YEC title.

Someone is clutch, and it ain't Berdych.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #60
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Now, a little more seriously. I was talking about matches against the best of the best, you didn't have to write all the good results and comparisons, I know them and I'm not questioning her results last year on GS (she's done her best results on 3 of 4 GS last year and first half of a year was good enough for me! - unlike many others), I just wanted to say, that I'm not happy with her results against the top player a that it is a bit better with Berdych, that's all.
Again, he's not better and he can't be, but he's doing great from the last year's Olympics. Petra is much more talented and could become no.1 if she could play well long enough which is bloody tough if you have to deal with injuries and diseases (I hope she got over this).
Again you put yourself on the spot. You've said he's more consistent and better in terms of slam results, i proved you wrong, now i have to teach you about H2H vs Top10? really? Petra vs Top10 this year is 4-1, Berdych is 2-4, he gets beaten by Top players consistently while Petra not, last year she lost few times to Sharpie on slow ass surfaces where Sharpie was better and she never get to face her on her best surface, at Wimbledon PEAK GOAT Rena was the only player who would have stopped her defending that trophy and she stopped her because Sarin put godly performance, while Berdych ass get's easily whooped even on his best surface. Murray is the only Big Top player against who he has even h2h but most of his wins are from older days. Do we need to compare every aspect of theirs game, so you would finally stopped with this comparison and stuff like Berdych better then Petra. Berdych nowhere near Petra's level results and talent wise, he will never be.

Quote:
Yep, why do not confess, but I think that lot of people from other countries (such as yours) where they don't have such a good player are a little jealous.
Why would i be jealous? WTA girls from my country are hotter and The Dog has more talent, finesse and just generally more exiting player to watch

Quote:
P.S.: I deleted the Asian guy from the quote because he's a little too gay.
it's Key(Kim Ki-bum) KPOP legend and dream of billions of teenage girls. He's typical asian guy i.e with feminine features

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus