Petra’s Fed Cup Campaigns - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 28th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #1
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute
Petra’s Fed Cup Campaigns

Let this thread become a dedicated Petra/Fed Cup thread.

Czech Fed Cup Team

Does anyone know who will be in the German team?

Post all interviews, videos and photos here!

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!

Last edited by Zamboni : Aug 4th, 2012 at 02:07 PM.
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 28th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #2
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Re: 2012 Fed Cup - Lioness Petra leads her pride against Germany

Lisicki, Görges, Kerber, Grönefeld
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #3
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

If I was Petra, I would take off Fed Cup this year, especially if it will/can conflict with Doha, Dubai, Indian Wells, which is the reason she's removed Paris Indoors in the frst place (she said it made her tired for those tournaments).

I wonder if she's doing this out of responsibility/patriotism, or cause she wants to.

Last edited by Excelscior : Jan 28th, 2012 at 05:27 PM.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #4
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
If I was Petra, I would take off Fed Cup this year, especially if it will/can conflict with Doha, Dubai, Indian Wells, which is the reason she's removed Paris Indoors in the frst place (she said it made her tired for those tournaments).

I wonder if she's doing this out of responsibility/patriotism, or cause she wants to.
All year long she plays as an individual tennis player, responsible just for herself. Fedcup or Hopman cup are unique opportunities for her to play as part of a team. And yes, she's a big patriot. She's said she was very influenced in this area by the victory of the Czech ice-hockey team at the Nagano Olympics in 1998. It was the first-ever Olympics in which the best players in the world participated (all NHL stars, including Wayne Gretzky) She watched it as a 8-year old kid. I think she also has a lot of fun with other Czech girls during these Fed Cup weeks. It's also an opportunity for Kotyza and Ivanko to have some time off.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 02:33 AM   #5
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
Let this thread become a dedicated Petra/Fed Cup thread.

Czech Fed Cup Team

Does anyone know who will be in the German team?

Post all interviews, videos and photos here!
Good idea to start a permanent Fed Cup thread,Cosmoose...except one is ON a team,not 'in'.....Madrealos en Alemania,Petra!!!

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 05:11 AM   #6
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

I think its good that Petra is playing Fed Cup right away.
It helps her move on from AO and look forward instead of dwelling too much on her loss to Maria.
Besides, Czech girls really do get along with each other quite famously.

And by skipping Paris Indoors, she will have one week off before Doha and Dubai. And another week off before Indian Wells and Miami.
Good scheduling.

Old Jan 29th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #7
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: 2012 Fed Cup - Lioness Petra leads her pride against Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyeszjj View Post
Lisicki, Görges, Kerber, Grönefeld
If that lineup is all the Germs can muster, then I think the Czech chicks have an excellent chance to win.

Thank you Queen Petra and squad for representing CZ.

Do toho holky!!!
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #8
country flag cosmoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Petra Fan View Post
If that lineup is all the Germs can muster, then I think the Czech chicks have an excellent chance to win.

Do toho holky!!!
German team impresses me.
3 singles players are in top 30.

I think Petra can defeat both Sabine and Julia.
But Iveta might lose both of her matches.
So the tie will probably be decided by the doubles match.

Old Jan 29th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #9
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

@QPF

That looks like a good team to me. Shrugs.

There's no guarantee that Lucie could beat Georges or Lisicki (all head cases, with Lisicki being more talented), if Petra goes off one match.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #10
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Petra Fan View Post

Do toho holky!!!
QPF,sometimes you're like one of those heel wrestling commentators that automatically bad-mouths the hero and cheers all the villains...at least you're on Petra's side,though,so we don't have to go to war with you

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #11
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Petra's photo looks so beautiful. Prettier even than BZS and Iveta.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #12
country flag bruce goose

Yeah,it's a great profile pic.....I wonder if Cosmoose is only going to alter the name of the opponent(i.e.,Lioness Petra leads her pride against ____)or invent other catchy titles along the way...either way is okay with me--it's nice to have a regular FC thread,regardless

Old Jan 29th, 2012, 06:33 PM   #13
country flag Lisickifan84

Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all

Hi

I'll be in Stuttgart and I'm happy to see the champions from last year, especially Petra (besides the german girls of course )
I think it is no surprise, that I favor a victory for Germany
But it will be very hart to win. Let's see.

Some of you will be in Stuttgart?
Lisickifan84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #14
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisickifan84 View Post
Hi

I'll be in Stuttgart and I'm happy to see the champions from last year, especially Petra (besides the german girls of course )
I think it is no surprise, that I favor a victory for Germany
But it will be very hart to win. Let's see.

Some of you will be in Stuttgart?
I'm thinking about going (but I'll probably go skiing to the mountains instead ). Is the venue easily accessible from the center of Stuttgart and do you know the ticket price and the capacity of the arena ? Do you think it will be sold out ?

I've also heard that Stuttgart has great Porsche and Mercedes museums. Could you recommend some non-tennis activity?

Thanx a lot.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #15
country flag Lisickifan84

Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
I'm thinking about going (but I'll probably go skiing to the mountains instead ). Is the venue easily accessible from the center of Stuttgart and do you know the ticket price and the capacity of the arena ? Do you think it will be sold out ?

I've also heard that Stuttgart has great Porsche and Mercedes museums. Could you recommend some non-tennis activity?

Thanx a lot.
I'm not from Stuttgart. I'm faster in the Czech Republic than in Stuttgart

Tickets
(only in german, sorry)

You can see, there are only a few tickets left. (yellow)

I've payed 40€ for the entire weekend. One day costs now 10-25€ --> look Saturday

Sunday
Lisickifan84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote