Petra Kvitova Dirty Fighting in Mud: Last Dance at Tournoi de Roland-Garros - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 09:51 PM   #1
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Petra Kvitova Dirty Fighting in Mud: Last Dance at Tournoi de Roland-Garros

Clay season in Good Ol' Europe is back. Petra tries her mud dancing at Katowice

Last edited by ShiftyFella : May 19th, 2013 at 05:06 PM.
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 24th, 2013, 04:22 AM   #2
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova Dirty Fighting in Mud: 1st stop Home Slam Katowice at Spodek Disco

Is Spodek simply the name of a famous disco club in Poland,Shifty??Actually,the idea that Poland even HAS well-known disco clubs might re-inforce the stereotype that they're not as advanced as they ought to be.Then again,perhaps Europeans love disco;here in North America,it was sort of an embarrassing fad that left many people happy when it died out.....Oh,and Petra....Don't accept any drinks from any guy with a Mushroom tattoo who's been to that club,okay?

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 09:47 AM   #3
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova Dirty Fighting in Mud: 1st stop Home Slam Katowice at Spodek Disco

Disco is big in Eastern Europe. Disco in US done more then you actually think, it gave birth to House one of most awesomest and popular electronic dance music styles. The Chicago House from 80s is almost pure Italo Disco and still very popular all over the world. It's a shame that majority of Americans think of awful Saturday Night Fever when they hear disco and not something good like

Spodek is a name of Star Trek Disk shaped arena above, it's a venue that will hold Katowice Open where Petra will be doing her Disco Dancing Boogaloo Shrimp style it held many sports and music events before, some of them were Back to 80s tours that feature alot of grandmas of Disco like C. C. Catch, even rock legends Deep Purple recorded one of it's concerts there
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #4
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Disco is big in Eastern Europe. Disco in US done more then you actually think, it gave birth to House one of most awesomest and popular electronic dance music styles. The Chicago House from 80s is almost pure Italo Disco and still very popular all over the world. It's a shame that majority of Americans think of awful Saturday Night Fever when they hear disco and not something good like

Spodek is a name of Star Trek Disk shaped arena above, it's a venue that will hold Katowice Open where Petra will be doing her Disco Dancing Boogaloo Shrimp style it held many sports and music events before, some of them were Back to 80s tours that feature alot of grandmas of Disco like C. C. Catch, even rock legends Deep Purple recorded one of it's concerts there

Nice post.
So C.C Catch is still alive and touring
I hope though, that Petra's future disco antics in Europe will resemble more the sleek and sexy synth/euro grooves of Miss Kittin than her latest IW and Miami Saturday NF jaded Travolta impersonation.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #5
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post

Okay,Shifty,I applaud you for being so informed on such cultural matters....And maybe I was too harsh on disco b/c of the negative element you mentioned.As 'Uncle Silas' posted,let's hope that Disco Petra doesn't play the Bee Gees crap in Katowice that she's been imitating somewhat recently

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 02:45 AM   #6
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

so when this tournament starts?
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 03:04 AM   #7
country flag bruce goose

Monday,April 8th,for MD action

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 03:14 AM   #8
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Monday,April 8th,for MD action
thanks
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 06:34 AM   #9
country flag vendulkabendulka

vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice

Btw "spodek" in Czech means "the bottom".
vendulkabendulka is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #10
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by vendulkabendulka View Post
Btw "spodek" in Czech means "the bottom".
Shouldn't be surprised,I guess,but are Polish and Czech very similar as languages??Sometimes,I can make out bits and pieces when I hear Brasilian futbollers speaking Portuguese on the sports channel.Do you suppose that Petra can understand some of what the Polish gals are saying when she overhears them chatting with each other??

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #11
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Shouldn't be surprised,I guess,but are Polish and Czech very similar as languages??Sometimes,I can make out bits and pieces when I hear Brasilian futbollers speaking Portuguese on the sports channel.Do you suppose that Petra can understand some of what the Polish gals are saying when she overhears them chatting with each other??
Yeah, they are both Slavic languages (similar with your example Spanish and Portuguese) so you can understand him a few words and if the Polish native speaker wants to, you can definitely communicate quite good with bigger or smaller help of your hands and beer.
But it's incomparably better between Czech and Slovak, I can speak Czech and someone can Speak Slovak and we can totally understand each other there are only a few words which people who don't meet Slovaks so often don't understand (from the Slovak side it is a little better because they read our books and watch our TV channels more often because of the size of our country is a little bigger then theirs). Just in case you don't know this.
*Jack* is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #12
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
But it's incomparably better between Czech and Slovak, I can speak Czech and someone can Speak Slovak and we can totally understand each other there are only a few words which people who don't meet Slovaks so often don't understand (from the Slovak side it is a little better because they read our books and watch our TV channels more often because of the size of our country is a little bigger then theirs). Just in case you don't know this.
it's like saying Russia and Ukraine two different countries We're all offspring of good ol' Soviet Russia, mutual understanding is in our blood

Last edited by ShiftyFella : Mar 25th, 2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #13
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Yeah, they are both Slavic languages (similar with your example Spanish and Portuguese) so you can understand him a few words and if the Polish native speaker wants to, you can definitely communicate quite good with bigger or smaller help of your hands and beer.
Portuguese sounds kind of strange to me sometimes,actually and,even though I don't hear them much,I can sometimes understand portions of articles that are in Italian or French(especially the latter since I took that class in high school years ago).

I met a pair of guys on vacation in our Sierra region,one Czech and one Slovak,who worked together at a maquila in Juarez,and they said pretty much exactly what you posted above(they couldn't speak Spanish too well so we communicated in English).Back then,I wasn't a Petra fan so I didn't have the chance to ask the Czech fellow what he thought.Petra wasn't too well-known at that time,in 2009,so he might not have even heard of her

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #14
country flag steni

Quote:
Interesting! Thats why Petra and Dominika get along pretty well!
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 07:44 PM   #15
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Interesting! Thats why Petra and Dominika get along pretty well!
Yeah, exactly, but it doesn't have only benefits, it also means that matches between Petra and the Slovak girls are more tricky because they know each other pretty well (similar like matches between two countrywomen such as Errani vs. Vinci).
*Jack* is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote