website? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 10:39 AM   #1
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute
website?

will this tournament have a website?
because i heared india is a high level computer country, so they should have one!!!
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 11:19 PM   #2
country flag jayakris

jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all
I will have the usual web page like those I keep for all Indian events, at http://www.tennisindia.org

I expect that they will have an official website for the tournament. If they don't have one, I am sure they will forward scors to me fast enough to update my page for the event. Let us see how it goes.

Jay
jayakris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2003, 08:05 AM   #3
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute
thanks, jayakris!!!

are you involved to indian tennis federation?
or how does it come that you expect they will forward scores to you?
just curious
Old Jan 7th, 2003, 06:34 AM   #4
country flag roby

roby is an unknown quantity at this point roby is an unknown quantity at this point roby is an unknown quantity at this point roby is an unknown quantity at this point roby is an unknown quantity at this point roby is an unknown quantity at this point roby is an unknown quantity at this point roby is an unknown quantity at this point roby is an unknown quantity at this point roby is an unknown quantity at this point roby is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont think they will present a good website. have you visited the site of the atp in chennai, india? it really sucks!
roby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2003, 08:52 AM   #5
country flag jayakris

jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all jayakris is a name known to all
roby, the Chennai Open and the Hyderabad Indian Open are organized by two totally different companies. Chennai Open is run by IMG, the international group, and in my view they have not managed it very well. Having said that, I should say that the different contractors who have made the Chennai Open website over the years have all done quite a good job - just that this year it sucked big rocks.

By the way, Chennai Open, way back in 1997 was one of only two websites (the other being the Swedish Open, I believe) outside of IBM's grand slam sites and ATP's masters sites, to have ball-by-ball online score updates form the center court! So, generalizing something based on this year's Chennai website is not very logical.

Anyway, Hyderbad WTA is organized by "Globosport" of Mahesh Bhupathi. First time they are doing it, and most of the planning for this event has only been over the last 2-3 months or so since WTA approved it. Not sure if they have contracted anybody to do a website yet. If they have a website, it could be good or it could just suck. Who knows!

Matthias: No, I am not involved in the All India Tennis Association, but I do get official info from them often, as I have been doing my nonprofit tennisindia.org fanclub site for over 6 years now. The AITA has nothing much to do with the Indian Open though. As we at the TennisIndia fanclub are a party with no axes to grind (I am a university professor who does this strictly as a hobby and for fun), people from india generally help us out. I know Mahesh Bhupathi quite well, and I am sure I could ask him to find somebody to send me updates for my page if they don't have an official page.

Don't worry, I am sure we will have reasonably timely info out of India ..

Jay
Old Jan 8th, 2003, 08:56 AM   #6
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

thanks @ jayakris
Old Jan 9th, 2003, 06:18 AM   #7
country flag jayakris

Heard from Mahesh Bhupathi today that there will be a website that should be up by the Jan 15th (in a week).

No URL yet, but we will know soon.

Jay
Old Jan 9th, 2003, 08:27 AM   #8
country flag jirobkk

jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future
Arrow Thanks Jay.

But the website of Chennai this year was sucks !!! by comparing to last year. Do you agree with me ?

Jiro's Facebook
My favorite players are Chris Evert and Jimmy Connors.
Congrats to Tammy for her fourth title in Japan Women's Open 2010.
jirobkk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2003, 08:37 AM   #9
rfs1999

rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice
Live Scores?
rfs1999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2003, 08:57 AM   #10
country flag jayakris

Quote:
Originally posted by jayakris
..the different contractors who have made the Chennai Open website over the years have all done quite a good job - just that this year it sucked big rocks
Jire: In other words, I agree with you .. It sucked in a bad way!

rfs1999: As for Hyderabad WTA, I don't know if they will have live updates. Probably not, but we will find ouit scores within 2-3 hours at least, I am sure

Jay
Old Jan 9th, 2003, 12:18 PM   #11
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

thanks jayakris
Old Jan 11th, 2003, 06:57 AM   #12
country flag roby

roby is an unknown quantity at this point roby is an unknown quantity at this point roby is an unknown quantity at this point roby is an unknown quantity at this point roby is an unknown quantity at this point roby is an unknown quantity at this point roby is an unknown quantity at this point roby is an unknown quantity at this point roby is an unknown quantity at this point roby is an unknown quantity at this point roby is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks, jayakris. but i want to know where was this event previously held? was it shanghai?
Old Jan 13th, 2003, 10:00 AM   #13
country flag danielrosario

danielrosario is a glorious beacon of light danielrosario is a glorious beacon of light danielrosario is a glorious beacon of light danielrosario is a glorious beacon of light danielrosario is a glorious beacon of light danielrosario is a glorious beacon of light danielrosario is a glorious beacon of light danielrosario is a glorious beacon of light danielrosario is a glorious beacon of light danielrosario is a glorious beacon of light danielrosario is a glorious beacon of light
No! As far as I know, this is a totally new event. Even the official WTA site does not have lists of last years winner -- they have such lists for all the other tournaments except this one... so it must be a new event.

Jay, it's good to learn of a website in the offing. I hope they also televise the matches live. I guess they will.. after all in India even the satellites and challengers are shown live!
danielrosario is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2003, 06:30 PM   #14
country flag roby

yeah i know. but as i know wta tour is like mcdonald's franchise. so maybe actually somebody bought the tournement right from shanghai because shanghai has given up one and imported another high tier one from tokyo. as you can see from the schedule, there is one tokyo event missing (princess cup) and shanghai event got upgraded from previous tier iv to now tier ii. and the indian new event is most likely transferred from shanghai.
Old Jan 17th, 2003, 04:53 PM   #15
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

yes, it is a new tournament
and i don´t care about ahich tournament licence. i just want to know the website