Miami coverage: post #116: There are actually streams for all courts! but not shown!! - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #106
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami coverage: ATP: 11 Matches vs. WTA: 4 Matches! DISCUSS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
The WTA should hire PR teams to work with Stephens, Robson and Muguruza.
The American, British and Latin markets could be huge.

The "move everything to Asia" will be the WTA's downfall.
Not really. At least Stephens and Robson are players that don't exactly need much PR. If they happen they will be huge regardless of any PR the WTA does. They would be gifts to the tour like Sharapova was. You work on PR with the players that need it, not the players that don't. There is also the problem that you shouldn't put all your eggs in a basket that may not happen.
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 09:21 PM   #107
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2 View Post
does anyone seriously cares about ATP those days ?
Im sure they'd benefit more if they would cover WTA, but well, their toys-their business...
Yes people DO care more about the ATP than the what a SILLY Question. The men tennis pulls in more media coverage, they pull in more tennis fans support. In Europe and Asia the ATP events are more successful than the WTA. The top 4 male players are also extremely consistent! There is a huge gulf between the top 4 on the ATP and the rest of the tour is huge. On the WTA it isn't the same thing. The top 4 men also PLAY A LOT they don't do what Azarenka does pull out of events because she fakes an injury and doesn't feel like playing.
Morrissey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #108
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Not really. At least Stephens and Robson are players that don't exactly need much PR. If they happen they will be huge regardless of any PR the WTA does. They would be gifts to the tour like Sharapova was. You work on PR with the players that need it, not the players that don't. There is also the problem that you shouldn't put all your eggs in a basket that may not happen.
See this is the problem with the WTA, Robson, Stephens, and Murguza haven't even won a WTA Tour title yet. Stephens hasn't even reached a WTA Tour final. Too much hype on the WTA not enough results like the ATP Tour.
Morrissey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #109
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I see your point.

Sadly, the WTA doesn't do any PR for anybody. Azarenka needs urgent PR and they let do everything she wants.
Nobody cares about Errani or Kerber because the WTA has no idea on how to work/deal with them, a real shame.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #110
country flag PhilePhile

PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future

Quote:
The WTA should hire PR teams to work with Stephens, Robson and Muguruza.
The American, British and Latin markets could be huge.

The "move everything to Asia" will be the WTA's downfall.
Sure, when they start playing good tennis and win matches . The players are the PR team !

The American sports market is likely bigger than the rest of the world combined. But it is also saturated. The WTA is actually being squeezed out of the American market.
PhilePhile is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 10:19 PM   #111
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I see your point.

Sadly, the WTA doesn't do any PR for anybody. Azarenka needs urgent PR and they let do everything she wants.
Nobody cares about Errani or Kerber because the WTA has no idea on how to work/deal with them, a real shame.
And this is exactly where the WTA gets it wrong. There is no way to screw up with Stephens or Robson, if they win grand slams they will hit the big time and the WTA would reap the rewards no matter what the WTA do with them. It's working with those that aren't complete gifts that the WTA struggles with. Who have the WTA really nurtured into a star in recent years - the only one that really comes to mind is Wozniacki, and now even that is backfiring on them now.

You also look at the job the ATP has done with their 2nd tier of stars. Ferrer and Berdych, they are hardly a PR mans dream. But the ATP has done good jobs with them, turning them into semi-known names.
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 08:19 AM   #112
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

8 men's matches streamed today, 2 for the women

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #113
country flag Expat

Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute

I'd wish they do something about the screaming banshees on tour before doing a better job of marketing. They are so loud that it sounds as if I have turned straight and am watching girl on girl action.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 09:29 AM   #114
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
8 men's matches streamed today, 2 for the women
Yes, there are 8 mens singles and 2 womens singles matches in the OOP today.
sdtoot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #115
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtoot View Post
Yes, there are 8 mens singles and 2 womens singles matches in the OOP today.
And why do you think that is? so far in Miami it has been for the women, get all the matches played earlier on the back courts and then the 2nd week the few remaining women's matches (7 matches left for the women) can be dotted in between the men's as a sideshow.

As it stands the Men have 15 matches left to play, double that of the women when in theory they should be at exactly the same stage of the tournament.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #116
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

here you can see, that actually ALL courts are streamed, but seems like only for the players there
why can't they just provide us with the streams??? no need of commentary, just give us the bloody pictures

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #117
country flag ptkten

ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian. View Post

here you can see, that actually ALL courts are streamed, but seems like only for the players there
why can't they just provide us with the streams??? no need of commentary, just give us the bloody pictures
The cameras are clearly there because the ATP matches are streamed on certain courts but not the WTA. The WTA could just ask the ATP to use their feed and pay them a small fee, but I'm sure none of the brilliant minds at the WTA have thought of that yet

McHale-Stephens-Watson-Robson-Townsend

Brodsky-Muhammed-Hampton-Keys-Crawford-Andrews-Hardebeck
ptkten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #118
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptkten View Post
The cameras are clearly there because the ATP matches are streamed on certain courts but not the WTA. The WTA could just ask the ATP to use their feed and pay them a small fee, but I'm sure none of the brilliant minds at the WTA have thought of that yet
yeah, but also the outside courts, like 6 and 7 are being streamed there, but no one gives a fuck to give us the pics

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #119
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian. View Post

I've been telling you people this for two years. There are cameras on Stadium, Grandstand, 1, 2 and closed circuit cameras on 3, 6, 7 and 8. Monitors on the stadium concourses stream these camera feeds all tournament long. I've said in the TV complaint threads for IW/Miami that there is no technical reason Miami, at least, couldn't have 8-court livestream from day 1 of this tournament if the organizers wanted, and if there weren't contractual prohibitions.

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #120
Morning Morgan

Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami coverage: post #116: There are actually streams for all courts! but not sho

It's the US people. If they ain't getting revenue for it they ain't showing it. A bit myopic, but it's the country where "SHOW ME DA MONEEEEEEEYYY!!!1!111!!" originated.

"No, I'm not. But with you, I don't even care."
Morning Morgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote