Miami coverage: post #116: There are actually streams for all courts! but not shown!! - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #91
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami coverage: ATP: 11 Matches vs. WTA: 4 Matches! DISCUSS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post

Ana have no problem to sold around 10.000 tickets last night in Miami (capacity of this stadium is about 14.000 seats), she is bigger magnet for tennis crowd than half of current ATP TOP10, and also there will be for sure at least 500 people which will TOP10 Sara attract...
So what's Your point?
This isn't the only important thing though. If it was, every one of Ana's matches would be televised. Yet she'll often get bumped down to secondary courts.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #92
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

How pathetic that Jankovic wasn't streamed at all in Miami, her R4 won't be streamed either. I think it's a disgrace that ALL R4 matches aren't streamed at a premier event.
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #93
country flag PhilePhile

PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
Ana have no problem to sold around 10.000 tickets last night in Miami (capacity of this stadium is about 14.000 seats), she is bigger magnet for tennis crowd than half of current ATP TOP10, and also there will be for sure at least 500 people which will TOP10 Sara attract...
So what's Your point?
Ana was on Diamond Court and the 1st round match was streamed .
PhilePhile is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #94
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Therre's no way Melzer-Kamker is in higher demand than Kuznetsova-Ivanovic.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #95
country flag SunshineSlam

SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of

At the very least, all of the matches on the centre stadium and grandstand should be shown. No wonder some of the top WTA players have crashed out of this event without a care.

There's a perception that WTA leech from the ATP at mixed events, but the truth is that the ATP leech from Federer/Nadal just as much and have been doing so for years - ticket sales falling dramatically with neither of them playing. If not for Stacey's incompetence, I could see a reversal of the amount of coverage ATP and WTA get at these events after Federer and Nadal retire.
SunshineSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #96
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

There are 5 matches on Grandstand today. 4 ATP matches and only 1 WTA match

I hate these combined events. WTA always draws the short straw

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #97
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlam View Post
At the very least, all of the matches on the centre stadium and grandstand should be shown. No wonder some of the top WTA players have crashed out of this event without a care.

There's a perception that WTA leech from the ATP at mixed events, but the truth is that the ATP leech from Federer/Nadal just as much and have been doing so for years - ticket sales falling dramatically with neither of them playing. If not for Stacey's incompetence, I could see a reversal of the amount of coverage ATP and WTA get at these events after Federer and Nadal retire.
What a stupid post. Take away the 2 biggest stars from any individual sport and it will suffer. I mean Serena and Sharapova are the WTA's 2 biggest stars where would the WTA be without them? Not to mention Serena and Sharapova are virtually the same age as Fed and Nadal, so in theory all will retire around the same time.

If all 4 of them are gone, do you think the Miami or IW would be giving their court space and air time to hated Vika, puppy fat inconsistent Petra or Aga over Djokovic, Murray or Del Potro?

Federer and Nadal have been a godsend for the ATP but with Djokovic and Murray they have a very solid back up if they aren't around. If you take out Serena and Maria (who themselves have been very important to the WTA) and it looks kind of bleak.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #98
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
There are 5 matches on Grandstand today. 4 ATP matches and only 1 WTA match

I hate these combined events. WTA always draws the short straw
The reason for this in part is they are only down to show 4 WTA matches. Therefore they are only going to put 4 WTA matches on the main 2 courts. If the TV deals were different, the match spread across the courts would be different.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #99
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
What a stupid post. Take away the 2 biggest stars from any individual sport and it will suffer. I mean Serena and Sharapova are the WTA's 2 biggest stars where would the WTA be without them? Not to mention Serena and Sharapova are virtually the same age as Fed and Nadal, so in theory all will retire around the same time.

If all 4 of them are gone, do you think the Miami or IW would be giving their court space and air time to hated Vika, puppy fat inconsistent Petra or Aga over Djokovic, Murray or Del Potro?

Federer and Nadal have been a godsend for the ATP but with Djokovic and Murray they have a very solid back up if they aren't around. If you take out Serena and Maria (who themselves have been very important to the WTA) and it looks kind of bleak.
I could spin this further into what do the ATP have left when Djokovic and Murray are no longer around, Djokovic and Murray who are the same age as Sharapova and 1 year older than Nadal. If you looked beyond that, what is coming through in the WTA looks a lot more positive than the complete void in the ATP. But as I've said before, someone always eventually comes around and fills these voids.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #100
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I could spin this further into what do the ATP have left when Djokovic and Murray are no longer around, Djokovic and Murray who are the same age as Sharapova and 1 year older than Nadal. If you looked beyond that, what is coming through in the WTA looks a lot more positive than the complete void in the ATP. But as I've said before, someone always eventually comes around and fills these voids.
That remains to be seen but as the average age of men's tennis becoming older, Djokovic and Murray should have another 4 or 5 years at the top. After that I agree outside of Dimitrov no one has made any waves yet.

We shall see if the young girls showing some promise on the WTA can keep that going and truly break through. It would be great if one or two of them can.

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #101
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The reason for this in part is they are only down to show 4 WTA matches. Therefore they are only going to put 4 WTA matches on the main 2 courts. If the TV deals were different, the match spread across the courts would be different.
Then Stacey Allaster is doing an awful job

How stupid can you be ? She needs fired immediately. Allaster has done so much shit already. She only follows the money, placing more and more events in Asia. Allaster only thinks short-term. When she has left in 2017 she will have done much harm to WTA. Allaster is doing a shit job, on her best way to ruin the WTA.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #102
country flag ozza

Quote:
That remains to be seen but as the average age of men's tennis becoming older, Djokovic and Murray should have another 4 or 5 years at the top. After that I agree outside of Dimitrov no one has made any waves yet.

We shall see if the young girls showing some promise on the WTA can keep that going and truly break through. It would be great if one or two of them can.
Right now I would say the WTA's next generation looks a lot more promising than the ATP's. Of course it can change quickly, 15 year old Roger Federer could be out there, so I'm just going on what I have seen.

Another point I would like to add, is that Djokovic and Murray's fortunes have changed over the years. They weren't really the complete gifts that like a Federer or Sharapova are PR wise. A lot has gone into cleaning up their images, and making them big names in the game. So it is possible for players' marketability to be changed, just some need more work than others, which in part the WTA should be helping them with because it is in their interests to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Then Stacey Allaster is doing an awful job

How stupid can you be ? She needs fired immediately. Allaster has done so much shit already. She only follows the money, placing more and more events in Asia. Allaster only thinks short-term. When she has left in 2017 she will have done much harm to WTA. Allaster is doing a shit job, on her best way to ruin the WTA.
Yes of course it's terrible from the WTA to allow this to go on. It cannot be that hard to sort out a world feed deal for say the 3rd court.

Right now you have a situation at 3 of the 5 biggest WTA events of the year whereby it's impossible to really get a feel for the event. It's made worse in the sense that because the majority of the early round matches shown are just Serena's, Sharapova's, Azarenka's, you see very few competitive matches on TV. So a lot of the good matches so to speak are lost and never seen.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #103
country flag sammy01

Quote:
Right now I would say the WTA's next generation looks a lot more promising than the ATP's. Of course it can change quickly, 15 year old Roger Federer could be out there, so I'm just going on what I have seen.

Another point I would like to add, is that Djokovic and Murray's fortunes have changed over the years. They weren't really the complete gifts that like a Federer or Sharapova are PR wise. A lot has gone into cleaning up their images, and making them big names in the game. So it is possible for players' marketability to be changed, just some need more work than others, which in part the WTA should be helping them with because it is in their interests to do so.
Sadly for the WTA the only player who has shown any real drive to be a great player and the drive to be good of the new generation, is in my eyes the worst top player PR wise that has ever come along in the WTA.

If I was the WTA I would be having a long talk to Vika.

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #104
country flag ozza

Quote:
Sadly for the WTA the only player who has shown any real drive to be a great player and the drive to be good of the new generation, is in my eyes the worst top player PR wise that has ever come along in the WTA.

If I was the WTA I would be having a long talk to Vika.
But then it is in part up to the WTA to sort out good PR for her. If you're going to have someone consistently representing your brand on the biggest stages then you have to work with them. Instead half the time the WTA wastes its time advertising using players who are irrelevant in their product.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #105
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

The WTA should hire PR teams to work with Stephens, Robson and Muguruza.
The American, British and Latin markets could be huge.

The "move everything to Asia" will be the WTA's downfall.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote