Miami coverage: post #116: There are actually streams for all courts! but not shown!! - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 08:18 PM   #61
country flag Angelus87

Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all
Re: Miami coverage: ATP: 11 Matches vs. WTA: 4 Matches! DISCUSS!!!

Same happen on IW. It s nothing new.
Angelus87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 08:18 PM   #62
country flag Lucyxx

Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute

I think many people would've liked to have seen the Petko match as well as others.

Murray winning 6-1 in 2nd set is boring. Tomic wasn't up to par today. The weather totally disrupted his timing on such shots as the 'tweener'.

Hopefully the Kvitova/Flipkens match (currently 4-2 Petra 2nd set) will be shown.
aif.ru/news khl.ru ria.ru wtatour.ru rsport.ru soccer.ru gotennis.ru e-tennis.tv tenistv.tv publico.pt foinse.ie tagesschau.de spiegel.de elperiodico.com/es elmundo.es akualne.centrum.cz/zpravy foglio.it iltempo.it humanite.fr leparisien.fr korrespondent.net novostimira.com.ua gazeta.pl tvn24.pl ynet.co.il calcalist.co.il lajmpress.com lajmonline.com yasater.d1g.com bbc.co.uk/arabic a1plus.am/am aravot.am nn.by xezerxeber.com dr.dk/nyheder mediafax.ro n-telegraaf.nl delfi.ee yle.fi/uutiset javanonline.ir ujsag.lap.hu erdiujsag.com mbl.is/frettir
nepszava.hu beo.ie vaterland.li gazzetta.gr ekspress.ee ed.nl
Lucyxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 08:26 PM   #63
country flag fluffyelloballz
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold

I have to be honest and say first of all that I am pleased to be getting any coverage after Eurosport's contract with the WTA ended.
But, yes, it would be nice to get more matches. I think it will come though. We all have to support it though. If we don't subscribe and watch, it is unlikely they will increase the feeds.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/07/serena...o-save-season/
Serena Williams needs a Great U.S Open Series to Save Season
fluffyelloballz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 08:36 PM   #64
country flag Third Mall

Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by starin View Post
Can we ban these sexist idiots? Every time there's a thread about atp vs. wta there's always some assholes shitting all over the WTA. GTFO and go post on MTF.
Typical.

Can we ban hypocrites who crudely insult others for having a perfectly valid opinion?
Third Mall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 08:41 PM   #65
country flag Madoka

Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future

Quote:
It's always been this way in Miami\IW

perfect.

by far 2 of the worst tournaments...

Auf gehts meine deutschen scrubs

PAW Titles : Dubai '14, Charleston '14, Bastad '14

FITD Titles : Istanbul '14
Madoka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 08:42 PM   #66
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Only 3 matches
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 09:08 PM   #67
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SARITA View Post
wish these combined tournaments were all like Rome who cover 3 courts from day1 and equal matches from ATP and WTA on every court
Yes I was saying this the other day, literally the only big joint event that gets coverage right is Rome (Beijing is also ok, but it's not really big event on ATP). The others the WTA event is pretty much run as some side show to the ATP event. If Madrid is like it was last year, I dare say this topic will be back again in a couple of months .

It boggles me how the WTA can have 3 of it's 5 "marquee" events so to speak with so little coverage. These events do nothing really to spread the word of the WTA. The WTA aren't the only people who deserve blame though, Indian Wells and Miami prat on so often about being "5th grand slams" yet their TV coverage is abysmal. They have the worst TV coverage of pretty much all the events in their category. If you want your event to be so big you have to be showing it to a worldwide audience, not a handful of people in the stands.

It should be in both parties interests (both WTA and Indian Wells/Miami) to fix this problem. One solution is literally as simple as televising all 3 main courts for WTA and ATP. In Indian Wells last week you had a bunch of WTA matches on court 3 a TV court, simply not being shown because WTA only have a deal to show 4 matches a day. Why both parties think this is good enough I do not know, the same points come up every single year.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 09:09 PM   #68
country flag starin

starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Mall View Post
Typical.

Can we ban hypocrites who crudely insult others for having a perfectly valid opinion?
Typical response from a typical troll
starin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 09:21 PM   #69
country flag Third Mall

Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by starin View Post
Typical response from a typical troll
I'm not quite sure where you're coming from, sorry.
Third Mall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 09:23 PM   #70
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Venus withdrawing should mean we get an extra WTA match covered tmrw- but not counting on it...........
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 09:34 PM   #71
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
Venus withdrawing should mean we get an extra WTA match covered tmrw- but not counting on it...........
TennisTV shows we will see today Domi vs Romina

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:37 PM   #72
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

OMG so tomorrow coverage starts from 1pm
2 ATP matches as 1st matches on CC and Grandstand...
on Grandstand there are 3 ATP before a WTA match
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 12:18 AM   #73
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olórin View Post
The women actually get paid more in this event than the men, according to the tournament website. I've not looked into this in too much detail and I don't really care any way.

However, the point that I am interested in is the seemingly worsening international coverage of this event. The problem isn't the split between men and women's matches it's that so few of either are being shown. For an event of this calibre it's just not acceptable. The powers that be may or may not be justified in splitting coverage so lopsidedly when the pickings are slim - where are the proofs either way. Hard to prove that as many people wouldn't watch 11 women's matches if you don't actually show them. So no it doesn't bring equal pay into question, and that's not even the issue.
There is 16 men's singles matches today 11 are being shown, what planet do you live on

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #74
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis Channel is getting so irritating

Showing Melzer vs Kamke instead of Ana vs Sveta
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #75
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barktra View Post
Tennis Channel is getting so irritating

Showing Melzer vs Kamke instead of Ana vs Sveta
I can't believe the WTA renewed Allaster's contract until 2017. The WTA will be dead by then.
Even Kuznetsova has more star power than Melzer.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote