Miami Chat Thread - Page 26 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #376
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
Serena wasn't in full form in Doha either but she managed to battle it out with Petra and STILL brush Masha aside like it was nothing. She's winning Miami this year.
more than possible and her main obstacle will be Radwanska... Aga can still flop to Flopkins and that will be

Why Aga is an obstacle? just because she won't lose match by herself , unlike other mugs

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #377
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

i bet that if Henin would came back into current level of play on tour, she would have won all titles easily

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #378
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
That's true and it's been the case for several years going now. Azarenka finally broke through after years on tour and Petra had a brief moment in 2011. But, other than that, where are the young up and coming stars on the WTA to challenge an older player like Serena? Maria was the last young phenom and that was almost 9 years ago.

And what has happened to the serving on tour? Whether it's Maria, Vika, Na, Petra, Stosur, Woz, and, heck, you can probably name every player other than Serena, their serves have been so prone to breaking down and being unreliable when needed most. I cringe at the serving in women's tennis and it's the biggest reason why Serena can consistently survive matches where she plays poorly. Hers is unshakable.

The bottom line is, nobody has the complete game and mental capacity to challenge Serena, even at 31-years-old and injury-prone.

and Azarenka had quite a fluke win, Serena for some reason doesn't have this inner hatred for her, she is lucky girl because of it. Against other players Serena looks like a killer on a mission , while versus Azarenka she is flat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelina View Post
i bet that if Henin would came back into current level of play on tour, she would have won all titles easily
not all , but she could have won Career Slam ,

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #379
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
this kind of Williams arse licking is why I don't bother coming into their game threads anymore
Do we have to forget all the matches where mentally weak scrubs choked to her in winning position? Zheng Jie in Wimbledon last year? Azarenka freezing in fear when serving for US Open title last year? Are we watching the same matches or maybe you guys just disregard anything and go with the "GOAT" mantra no matter what? I don't know a single player in history who would worshiped as much as this obnoxious bully...she can thank her lucky stars that Maria turned into mental mess whenever she sees her on the other side of the court and Henin retired prematurely, since belgian is by FAR more talented player than that ballbasher. There, I said it
She's earned the worship. 15 GS titles, all the doubles titles, all those weeks at number one, the dominant head-to-head records against nearly all her contemporaries over her career. And what she did from Wimbledon onward last year at age 31. It's incredible. What do you want people to say about it?

I don't like it. I can't stand her as a person. But her accomplishments speak for themselves and I have to respect her game even if I loathe her character and personality.

And Henin did own her on clay. She is the reason why Serena only has one French title. I did like Henin because she had the whole package and I loved seeing her drive Serena crazy in so many of their battles. But players like Justine are long gone and Serena doesn't have to worry about all-court wizards. That's why she's going to win the French this year if healthy. If a player like Maria can win on clay, then Serena certainly knows she can do it.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #380
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She's earned the worship. 15 GS titles, all the doubles titles, all those weeks at number one, the dominant head-to-head records against nearly all her contemporaries over her career. And what she did from Wimbledon onward last year at age 31. It's incredible. What do you want people to say about it?

I don't like it. I can't stand her as a person. But her accomplishments speak for themselves and I have to respect her game even if I loathe her character and personality.

And Henin did own her on clay. She is the reason why Serena only has one French title. I did like Henin because she had the whole package and I loved seeing her drive Serena crazy in so many of their battles. But players like Justine are long gone and Serena doesn't have to worry about all-court wizards. That's why she's going to win the French this year if healthy. If a player like Maria can win on clay, then Serena certainly knows she can do it.
Maria and the Bully are not similar players in a slightest...I can't believe such incompetence from someone like you
For starters, Maria's current game is MADE for clay - heavy IO and CC topspin forehands, kick serve and consistent grinding from the baseline. Williams plays the same bam-bam game like she does on all surfaces, and this style of play just doesn't reward on slow parisian mud. Her serve is neutralized by any non-choking solid baseliner and she doesn't have the footwork anymore to grind the matches from the baseline. French is past her for over 10 years now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #381
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:

i think Serena folding like cheap tent at Philippe Chatrier is her payment for owning Maria. She probably sold her soul in 2004 for beating Maria for the rest of her life and RG is her payment

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #382
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

I can see Serena winning the FO again

Should she meet Azarenka or Maria in Paris, she would annihilate both of them

The best chance is for an underdog in the earlier rounds-QF to take her out.

If she gets to the SF, I don't see her losing unless she is injured.

And whether Maria's game is made for clay or not, that is irrelevant when facing Serena as the outcome will be the same.
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #383
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Ok this thread has turned to so much over-analysis which needs to STOP.

Don't you see what you're doing? Giving trolls exactly what they want. Don't take things so seriously, Masha is focusing on her game, on her next opponent, on her half of the draw. I'm sick to death of all these comments regarding Serena, good or bad. She's as vulnerable as any other player. She is beatable as any other player. Nothing is impossible, fear is created from Rena's on-court presence - not just her results. And it seems many on this forum live vicariously through this as if they are better than other posters who support other players. It's fine to discuss possible scenarios regarding the draw, but just because she has a major chance to reach and win the title does not mean we simply have to take it on the chin and bow down. Masha - should she get to the final - will play for every point. I'm sorry but IMO, she can do it. All you need is faith
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #384
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, Chris. I really think Sharapova will beat Serena this year, as deluded as that sounds. Maria's game is the best it's been since the comeback, and Serena's health has been suspect, and with age comes inconsistency. She hasn't played peak tennis against Maria in their last couple of matches. She's served well, but Maria has mostly beaten herself from the baseline. I wouldn't be surprised if Maria snuck out a win on clay or something this season.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #385
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Seriously Chris is right both the negative posts for Serena and the ones about Masha not having any chance whatsoever are unnecessary. Whether we like Serena or not she's undoubtedly one of the best players ever and her achievements are undeniable so there's no need to try and undermine her, the way we see some trolls in GM do the same thing to Maria. Also yes the chances of Maria beating Serena and especially now on HC and in Miami are pretty slim but we've established that. I think we ALL know that and I feel like a little bit belief or faith wouldn't hurt. We always say how Masha shouldn't shit her pants every time she sees Serena and believe she can beat her in order for that to actually happen but we always do the exact opposite ourselves. And finally about the FO just let's wait for the the clay season to actually start before jumping to conclusions. Yes Serena if healthy could be a big favorite but I think so is Masha. I don't understand really all this negativity right now (I realized why there was some after Doha) but there is no reason to be that negative at the moment
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #386
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Ok this thread has turned to so much over-analysis which needs to STOP.

Don't you see what you're doing? Giving trolls exactly what they want. Don't take things so seriously, Masha is focusing on her game, on her next opponent, on her half of the draw. I'm sick to death of all these comments regarding Serena, good or bad. She's as vulnerable as any other player. She is beatable as any other player. Nothing is impossible, fear is created from Rena's on-court presence - not just her results. And it seems many on this forum live vicariously through this as if they are better than other posters who support other players. It's fine to discuss possible scenarios regarding the draw, but just because she has a major chance to reach and win the title does not mean we simply have to take it on the chin and bow down. Masha - should she get to the final - will play for every point. I'm sorry but IMO, she can do it. All you need is faith
Duh, IKR But some of us seems to never understand And this topic is getting more and more boring
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #387
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
She is beatable as any other player. Nothing is impossible, fear is created from Rena's on-court presence - not just her results.
that's why my posts are pessimistic , i see that Serena is vulnerable, but Maria is not good enough to beat her. I wasn't frustrated after their match at Olympics and YEC, just because Serena played exceptionally perfect. But i can't overcome this Doha's match and if Maria loses to "this" Serena in Miami it will be shameful for her ( as is for Li Na today)

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #388
country flag NashaMasha

who is watching Simon-Tipsarevic?

i just want to find out how many mazohists are in SS

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 09:52 PM   #389
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
who is watching Simon-Tipsarevic?
Why would anyone anywhere be watching this?

Also, the pessimism is tiring. I like having legit discussions about tennis here, but every time I get in the midst of one I end up overwhelmed by the sheer everything sucks always vibe from Sharapova fans. I wanted to join this forum to get away from the unrelenting hopelessness of life, not to be constantly reminded of it.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 09:54 PM   #390
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

New SS rule: All SS members must from here on in be more hopeful and optimistic. Anyone who violates this rule risks getting an infraction. I hope that's understood. Thank you.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote