Miami Chat Thread - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #196
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
One can't be both a Maria and Serena fan

Maria (and Nadal for that matter) will always be by far my number one. Ultimately, I want a great match-up in the final. No matter how many times Shar loses to Serena it is still the premiere match-up in the WTA, and I want it.
So you're a big fan of Groundhog Day?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #197
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
So you're a big fan of Groundhog Day?
I keep waking up expecting it to be the next day. Tomorrow is coming dammit.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #198
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Sloane's looking fierce in her outfit, and Aga is looking as miserable as ever
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #199
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Serena/Maria is a premiere matchup in name only. Certainly not tennis-wise.

It's easy to say, "See! Serena struggled against so-and-so, Maria can do the same to her!" But you can't compare what unfolds when Serena and Maria get together with any other match-up. Something magical happens when these two play, and not the good kind of magic(unless you're a Serena fan). Everything that can go wrong for Maria does. And even when Serena isn't in ultra-GOAT mode, Maria will do something that blows herself up. It's really uncanny. Maria certainly does have to take a lot of the responsibility in what's happened in recent years. She has played horribly in her last several matches against Serena.

It's really the combination of Serena's superior skills and Maria always playing scared, uptight, sloppy tennis that has led to these lopsisded outcomes. Unless Maria can find her backbone when she sees her across the net, nothing will change.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #200
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
It's really the combination of Serena's superior skills and Maria always playing scared, uptight, sloppy tennis that has led to these lopsisded outcomes. Unless Maria can find her backbone when she sees her across the net, nothing will change.
Serena has won her last nine matches over Maria because she's a better player.

Maria will win when she is the better player.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #201
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Mex, put that post under the category of "stuff we all know". I want a Serena win for Sharapova this year and I don't care how many times she has to get pounded by her to get there. That's my foremost goal for Maria this year. She can go 10-1 in finals against her this year.

Radwanska hate, that's something I can get behind.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #202
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Wow Grigor is playing amazing tennis at the moment hope he can keep it up and get that upset
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #203
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Some of Sloane's shots have been
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #204
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

Imagine if Maria and Grigor won this event together
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #205
country flag Icky80

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
Wow Grigor is playing amazing tennis at the moment hope he can keep it up and get that upset
He played Andy tough in... (can't remember the tournament). I have a feeling Andy will be looking at a lot of upsets over the next some odd months. Then again, he almost always only brings his bets in majors, which is why I think he'll never be number one.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #206
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

^Yeah in the Brisbane final but Grigor often chokes like against Novak in IW whe he was serving for the 1 set
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #207
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Grigor, thanks for choking against Novak in the 1st set in IW, but now, please do not choke, beat Andy and make a statement.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #208
country flag PimpMePova

How many doubles did he do in this game
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #209
country flag PimpMePova

...and he choked the game with 3 DFs
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #210
country flag Icky80

And you all jinxed him

This is why I can't ship him and Maria. That, and I want him for myself.