Sabine on Clay 2013 - Page 43 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 25th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #631
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sabine on Clay 2013

Yes! Streamed court

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #632
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sghskhgkj View Post
Stats wise, Sabine's serve is very good. The issue with it is reliability under pressure; we all know that at key points in matches - when serving to consolidate a break or to take/stay in a set/match - she has a tendency to get broken very easily, particularly if she's just expended a lot of mental energy in trying to force a break. In recent weeks though she has improved mentally, maybe that comes with match rhythm and confidence...or maybe Orlik had just been passing on some of his zen-like quality.
Yes -- that was my point. When she is on a roll she can serve out a game in under a minute, and one wonders how she could ever lose, but I'd like to see her like that when closing out a match. It's going to take getting in more of those pressure situations -- just going out and hitting a bucket of balls might do some good, but it doesn't simulate the pressure or the physical and mental demand of a match.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #633
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by maartenround View Post
Serena averaging 6 aces a match. Lisicki averaging 6 aces a match. If only she had more matches...
Aces are probably the most overrated stats in tennis. You don't get any extra points if the returner doesn't touch the ball. In fact, I would advise Sabine to hit more body serves, especially against players like Sharapova and Azarenka. Maybe serve velocity is even more overrated, as evidenced by Sabine's "fastest ever serve" against Zink -- if you didn't notice, she lost the point.

Placement and mixing up her serve, rather than velocity, is what makes Serena's serve the best. Sabine mainly just needs to work on her consistency in pressure situations. When her serve is on, she is one of the best at mixing it up.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #634
country flag maartenround

maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcP View Post
Aces are probably the most overrated stats in tennis. You don't get any extra points if the returner doesn't touch the ball. In fact, I would advise Sabine to hit more body serves, especially against players like Sharapova and Azarenka. Maybe serve velocity is even more overrated, as evidenced by Sabine's "fastest ever serve" against Zink -- if you didn't notice, she lost the point.

Placement and mixing up her serve, rather than velocity, is what makes Serena's serve the best. Sabine mainly just needs to work on her consistency in pressure situations. When her serve is on, she is one of the best at mixing it up.
Never said it wasn't overrated? Just a stat

Laura Robson
Angelique Kerber
Jelena Jankovic
maartenround is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #635
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

It's not the number of direct points she (or maria/serena) does w her serve (though it makes life/matches easier) but they stablish their whole aggressive game on it and prepare points with it, bringing their opponent in a defensive situation. That's why it doesen't work for Sabine against great return players like Vika or (sometimes) Sharapova!

Other point is the confidence they get of their great serve and the mental factor is absolutely not to underrate! Not accidentally Sabine paniced in the past, when her serve rates were poor. It's the basis of her game.

That's why she left her last coach who wanted to change her game style, what is neither necessary nor smart. Giving up her strength is not the right direction and you never change her temper ... going for winners than waiting for errors. That's why I love watching her and Serena.

What she has to improve is patience and I've seen this in matches lately
And if aces/df rate is positive, it's 1 (among others) big factor that can make the difference in close matches.

btw stats are like polls only expressive with high numbers ... these WTA stats aren't
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #636
country flag sghskhgkj

sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice

A little piece from the NYT on players to watch...
Quote:
Sabine Lisicki (No. 32 seed)
Lisicki’s ranking climbed just high enough for her to be seeded at Roland Garros, and a collective sigh of relief was heard from her higher-ranked peers. Injuries throughout her career have kept Lisicki out of the top 10, but her big serving and powerful ground game make her a legitimate threat to go deep into the second week. Although her best Grand Slam results have been at Wimbledon, where she reached the quarterfinals in 2009 and 2012 and the semifinals in 2011, Lisicki could be ready to make a breakthrough at Roland Garros. In addition to her technically sound ground strokes, which she hits with tremendous pace, Lisicki possesses deft touch.
sghskhgkj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:47 AM   #637

maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light

Hahaha, is it bad that I was expecting a "However..."

Laura Robson
Angelique Kerber
Jelena Jankovic
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #638

Apparently practised with Kerber, I hereby declare them besties

Laura Robson
Angelique Kerber
Jelena Jankovic
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #639
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #640
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Quote:
They'll be doubles partners next...goodbye Mona!

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #641
country flag Lisickinator

Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future

Doubles

Sara Errani (ITA) [1]/Roberta Vinci (ITA) [1] vs.
Lourdes Dominguez Lino (ESP)/Garbine Muguruza (ESP)

Jill Craybas (USA)/Romina Oprandi (SUI) vs.
Julie Coin (FRA)/Pauline Parmentier (FRA)

Eva Hrdinova (CZE)/Bojana Jovanovski (SRB) vs.
Janette Husarova (SVK)/Sabine Lisicki (GER)

Silvia Soler-Espinosa (ESP)/Carla Suarez Navarro (ESP) vs.
Hao-Ching Chan (TPE) [15]/Darija Jurak (CRO) [15]

An accent is not an apostrophe.
Lisickinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #642
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Lisicki def. Arvidsson 63 64

Job done in two, Sabine seemed a bit too nervous in her first match here, too many UEs but made the important Points, good on 1st serve, 2nd serve and 1st serve percentage to improve as usual but happy that she played her best when she had to save BPs at *54 in 2nd set, hope she will be a bit more relaxed in her 2nd round match!
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #643
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
Lisicki def. Arvidsson 63 64
... hope she will be a bit more relaxed in her 2nd round match!
I guess she was more relaxed than many of her fans

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #644
country flag sghskhgkj

sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice

I'm not sure about nerves, it seemed maybe a little rustiness and sloppiness given how she doesn't react well to not playing. Mentally she was good, focused and re-focused when she needed to. Was interesting to see just how much she was coming into the net, her stats there should've been ever better actually given the easy shots she netted.
sghskhgkj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #645

Quote:
Originally Posted by sghskhgkj View Post
I'm not sure about nerves, it seemed maybe a little rustiness and sloppiness given how she doesn't react well to not playing. Mentally she was good, focused and re-focused when she needed to. Was interesting to see just how much she was coming into the net, her stats there should've been ever better actually given the easy shots she netted.
Agree, hasn't played in 12 days.

Laura Robson
Angelique Kerber
Jelena Jankovic