Sabine on Clay 2013 - Page 37 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 14th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #541
country flag Jakubzz

Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice
I think Sabine needs to invest in a sharktooth necklace come Wimbledon.
Jakubzz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #542
popinjay

popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sabine on Clay 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WimbleBine View Post
she will win easy today!! in charlston it was only so much luck for burdette. Bine will go to the quarterfinal at least here...i sayed it in stuttgart and all laugh and then she makes it and now again you will see
popinjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #543
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure how to feel after that loss. Another wasted opportunity at 3-1 up in the 3rd against a pretty ordinary Kvitova or happy that she had a pretty good clay season by her standards? Hope she can win a round or two at The French Open. I see alot of positives but she really should've won that.

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Hong Kong Champion 2014!!

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!

Last edited by Mike81 : May 14th, 2013 at 02:36 PM.
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #544
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

The third set will hurt her for a while, we have seen this too often lately.
She has to win one of those matches ASAP.

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD), Ivanovic
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #545
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all

It just shows how important staying fit for consecutive weeks is.

She's not a lover of clay, but she is playing well, and this comes from continual matches, rather than continual withdrawals
Beaumont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #546
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

i don't like that she won't play another tournament before the FO, easy to lose the rythm till then

GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD), Ivanovic
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #547
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Tough defeat for Sabine here!
Definitely showed that she is in good shape these days, played some great tennis but couldn´t deliver when it was most important and that hurts.
It was obvious that Sabine would have chances today, 2nd set she really played great tennis but she didn´t have much pressure there and Kvitova didn´t care much in the end, start of 3rd set was good also but at *31 she started to think too much, once again, and losing ur own service game to love when u just broke..that just kills u and gave Kvitova hope again and that is sth which happens to Sabine over and over again, can serve and play great in parts of her matches but she can´t win important points when she plays top players + her serve is not consistent enough also, doesn´t help her at all in crucial situations.

So I think that Sabine is on a good way in general, showed some good tennis in Stuttgart,Madrid and Rome but still is wasting too many opportunities, hope that she scores a win against such a big name soon, she needs that for sure to progress further. But have to say that I am disappointed with that defeat, Kvitova was just beatable today and Sabine had good preparation for a change for that match today, no injuries, good clay results and still couldn´t take her chances..
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #548
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Number 3 in a 2013 series of absolutely inexplicable defeats in third sets ag. good ranked but not in super form players:

This 1 today was a MUST win match! An absolutely out of fitness fast court player on clay like Petra ....

Can't express my disappointment & disbelief in words atm. ... I mean, how to beat her or better player on grass !?

Quote:
MICHAEL!:So I think that Sabine is on a good way in general, showed some good tennis in Stuttgart,Madrid and Rome but still is wasting too many opportunities, hope that she scores a win against such a big name soon, she needs that for sure to progress further. But have to say that I am disappointed with that defeat, Kvitova was just beatable today and Sabine had good preparation for a change for that match today, no injuries, good clay results and still couldn´t take her chances..
This!!!!She had the great chance to beat two top 10 players here! And why not Vika on clay? ...still ova gutted!

Last edited by maturedgirl : May 14th, 2013 at 04:30 PM.
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #549
country flag fhcpig

fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all

Last time she beat a Top 10 player was Wimby R4,almost a year past.
I agree she played really good today,but very disappoint with the result.
This is the best red clay season she'd ever played,but she won't be a seed in RG
Last year she couldn't win even one match with Top 15 seeded throughout the clay season,what a mismatch.
fhcpig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #550
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

How frustrating! My work now restricts what we can look at on the Internet, so I could only tell from the BBC website what was happening. When I checked in it was 46 60 & I was hopeful - but fearful too! Sadly checking in again later, my fears were realised.

Sabine is definitely playing better 2013 v 2012 & if she can steer clear of injury she might build some momentum. But - another defeat from a winning position is very frustrating for Bine fans. I can only assume she tightens up when she gets close in matches - again frustratingly, not in EVERY match.

Ah well, back to Berlin I guess.

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #551
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of

Why are you guys so negative? Didn't you see her playing?

It was a great performance and a huge improvement since for example Kattowitz where the red clay season started. She was playing today in a way I was thinking during the match it might be not possible to play much better on clay. I've never seen her so solid, so smart und so dominating on clay. This defeat isn't that bad as some user may believe. She was defeated not because she was bad or playing fearfully or anything like that we saw in the past but because Kvitova was really good at the end. And despite of that Bine could have won the match because she was the better player today. Bine was knowing that, just at the end she was forgetting it a little. Finally there was missing just a bit of confidence she had shown most of the time in that match. But it will come for sure, she just plays too well to be not successful with time.

If she is playing as well as today I am not really disappointed because I realise that she gets her level of play and confidence step by step. On that level we don't need to be concerned because of RG. Maybe she unfold her full potential right there.
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #552
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post
i don't like that she won't play another tournament before the FO, easy to lose the rythm till then
I agree. She can hit thousands of balls in preparation for the FO, but the reason she lost today was not because she hasn't hit enough balls in general, but because she hasn't hit enough in pressure match situations. She can only get better at this by playing tournaments.

Most of all, she needs to work on her serve. Certainly hitting endless repetitions will help, but it is very different when you are serving to close out a tight match or even in a close match. She needs to get herself in as many of these situations as possible.

Last edited by JohnMcP : May 14th, 2013 at 08:01 PM.
JohnMcP is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #553
country flag Ziva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino View Post
Why are you guys so negative? Didn't you see her playing?

It was a great performance and a huge improvement since for example Kattowitz where the red clay season started. She was playing today in a way I was thinking during the match it might be not possible to play much better on clay. I've never seen her so solid, so smart und so dominating on clay. This defeat isn't that bad as some user may believe. She was defeated not because she was bad or playing fearfully or anything like that we saw in the past but because Kvitova was really good at the end. And despite of that Bine could have won the match because she was the better player today. Bine was knowing that, just at the end she was forgetting it a little. Finally there was missing just a bit of confidence she had shown most of the time in that match. But it will come for sure, she just plays too well to be not successful with time.

If she is playing as well as today I am not really disappointed because I realise that she gets her level of play and confidence step by step. On that level we don't need to be concerned because of RG. Maybe she unfold her full potential right there.

because she keeps losing those big matches.
Always the same pattern. Her game has improved, which is very good, but at some point she has to win a match like today again.
Otherwise this could get worse and happen against almost everyone.
You just need to win such tight matches once in a while and since Wimbledon last year, she just can't.
Against Kerber (several times), Sharapova, Wozniacki, Kirilenko, she blew her leads in the third, not because they got much better,just because Sabine crumbled under the pressure.

No need to overly dramatize, but it needs to stop before it hits her confidence.

Old May 14th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #554
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't saw the match but it seems like she made it Kvitova tough

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #555
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

It wasn't for her serve she lost today! It was playing the way she played from the begin of second set until 3:1 in second up to the end, playing point by point (as Orlik told her!) She must only listen to her coach imo... he told her she did almost everything well and should believe in herself ... but she forgot and started doubting when it counted! Some of her desperate chat to orlik ... :-/

It's a good decision not playing another tournament ... at least RG count down is flying (6d 14h ) and it's always good to be there as soon as possible!
They can work now on some nuances she was lacking today on original french ground ... the perfectionist and her team
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote