Sabine on Clay 2013 - Page 29 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 7th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #421
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all
Re: Sabine on Clay 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sghskhgkj View Post
OOP out for tomorrow, no singles match. Doubles last on court 4 against Petrova/Srebotnik
That's perfect. She gets an extra day to "come down" from this match and prepare for Sharapova and doubles can keep her relaxed and work some on her game.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #422
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future

Wins over Jankovic and Cibulkova and she's showing some improvements and enjoying herself out there. Nothing to lose v Maria.

**LISICKI** **CIBULKOVA** **IVANOVIC** **ROBSON**
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #423
country flag Madoka

Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future

excllent match, never i doubt, i think she can make an upset the next round...

Auf gehts meine deutschen scrubs

WTA 2014 Saviors : Keys 6-1 6-4, Cibulkova 6-3 6-0, Mladenovic 7-6 6-4, tennis died, Cornet 6-1, 1-1 ret.
Madoka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #424
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all

She still needs work on her backhand, but it was good the see that her dropshot was working (for the most part). One of the keys against Sharapova will be to draw her into the net.
Old May 7th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #425
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcP View Post
She still needs work on her backhand, but it was good the see that her dropshot was working (for the most part). One of the keys against Sharapova will be to draw her into the net.
but she will lack the time to execute dropshots very often...

She stays the clear underdog against Masha IMHO

Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Annika Beck

forgive, you will never reach the level of my loyalty for the best that has ever played:
__Steffi forever__

Steff_forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #426
country flag Bino

Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcP View Post
I liked her backhand today. Well she made some unforced errors but it seemed to be that Cibulkova would make more errors when the match was close. Bine could mostly rely on her backhand even in defence that is usual one of her few weaknesses. She was changing it cross and down the line and for that there weren't so much errors. Totally her winner/error relation was 48/46 and this is an encouraging quota.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #427
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

Really tough match, but she fought it out, amazing! She was strong mentally, she still keeped pressure on Cibulkova, made a few good winners, few really good dropshots as well. Generally, it was a good performance. Nothing to lose against Maria now

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Petra Martic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Kristina Mladenovic * Annika Beck
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #428
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

@sabinelisicki
Won 76 76. Had a bit of a slow start but was focused and played well in the important points. Happy with that! Thx for the great support!

Playing only doubles 4. on after 12o'clock on court 4 tomorrow singles on Thursday again!
Old May 7th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #429
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steff_forever View Post

She stays the clear underdog against Masha IMHO
She better shouldn't try dropshots on Maria, she failed with that before against her.
Maria seems to know how to work against those.

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #430
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

I love the way she was cooling down and collected herself during side-changes .... meditation mood (reminded me to another player)
Teamwork w Orlik matches! Like his coaching ...
And every match gives her a bit more confidence. Next match w likely be just for fun

Playing doubles tomorrow will let her stay in flow.
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #431
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

She should definitely make Maria run though, I think that is key. Just belting balls straight back to Maria isn't going to work.

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #432
country flag JohnMcP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steff_forever View Post
That's true, but against Maria she doesn't even have to hit full dropshots because Maria does not like to come into the net on the other player's terms. At Wimbledon last year she drove Maria crazy with low slicey shots.
Old May 8th, 2013, 01:18 AM   #433
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine

Now find your Wimbledon 2012 form and take out Pova!
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #434
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
Sabine

Now find your Wimbledon 2012 form and take out Pova!
... might be a "mission impossible" on clay

But I expect an exciting match with a lot of hot shots!
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #435
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Good win for Sabine!
could see some parts of it in the meantime, recovered from 2-4 down in 1st set, held her serve under pressure twice, good 1st set in general, great stats.
2nd set had a few too many up´s and down´s , especially from 4-2 up to 4-5 0-40 but she recovered from that again, which was most important but has to be careful and she knows that herself, she has to stay focused otherwise she gets in trouble fast.
Quality of 2nd set TB wasn´t really great, Cibulkova with many UEs also but still a good win, 2 wins here, 2 wins in Stuttgart, finally some good signs again.
Now vs Sharapova, tough draw but she has nothing to lose at least, so tournament won´t end up with a disappointment for sure this time, good luck
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote