Sabine on Clay 2013 - Page 27 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 4th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #391
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sabine on Clay 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinafan479 View Post
Nope!Quite the reverse!And which rules? Your rules?
It's pathetic some guys (here an in otha subforen) always dramatise w their fave players when it comes to average opponents/ supposingly to initalize an upcoming frustration!
(I follow TF and tennis way longer than being part of this community!)

And: Don't tell me what I may post!
She deffo must win this first round an I'm convinced she will!
Sorry, I wasn't trying to tell you what to post. I guess I was responding not just to your post but to the many posts over the years of fans labeling a match against a lesser opponent as a "must win" and then being frustrated when Sabine loses. () If you are a long-time Sabine fan then you are familiar with this recurring pattern.

My view is that the only relevant concern at the moment is that Sabine gets her top form back -- until that happens she can lose to any player so it really doesn't matter who she plays against (sure, it is probably best she isn't matched against a top-10 opponent in the first round, but when she is in top form, she can beat such players). First round matches are especially important because with first round losses in every tournament she gets no matchplay and can't get back into top form. But I think Madrid and Rome may be just what she needs -- although they are big tournaments, she has no points to defend and they don't have the same emotional meaning her past tournaments had (Stuttgart and Katowice). She can just focus on her form and playing each point without the pressure of the results, which in the recent past seems to have gotten her mind off of her form. Once she gets into top form, her ranking will take care of itself.
JohnMcP is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #392
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Dispatched Sofia far easier than I could ever hoped to expect!

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #393
country flag maurysicki

maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcP View Post
Sorry, I wasn't trying to tell you what to post. I guess I was responding not just to your post but to the many posts over the years of fans labeling a match against a lesser opponent as a "must win" and then being frustrated when Sabine loses. () If you are a long-time Sabine fan then you are familiar with this recurring pattern.

My view is that the only relevant concern at the moment is that Sabine gets her top form back -- until that happens she can lose to any player so it really doesn't matter who she plays against (sure, it is probably best she isn't matched against a top-10 opponent in the first round, but when she is in top form, she can beat such players). First round matches are especially important because with first round losses in every tournament she gets no matchplay and can't get back into top form. But I think Madrid and Rome may be just what she needs -- although they are big tournaments, she has no points to defend and they don't have the same emotional meaning her past tournaments had (Stuttgart and Katowice). She can just focus on her form and playing each point without the pressure of the results, which in the recent past seems to have gotten her mind off of her form. Once she gets into top form, her ranking will take care of itself.
Perfect!

maurysicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #394
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant, I'm sorry I had a doubt about you, Bine

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #395
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

I am just happy about every win these days
Nina. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #396
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't expect a 63 61 scoreline TBH. Good to see.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #397
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

Great win -- but we can't get too up (like when everyone was dancing in the streets after Sabine double bagled an injured Tatishvili). I think Sabine matches up well against Arvidsson. Since I only "watched" the first set through livescore, it's hard to see exactly what was going on, but maybe the best thing she can take from it is that she won the second set easily after winning the first set -- in the past she has seemed to lose focus after winning the first set. Hopefully, this is a sign she is in the mindset of focusing on each point regardless of the score.
JohnMcP is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #398
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

46 minutes

Mighty impressive, against Arvidsson you have to win on your own, she doesn't self-destruct, so Sabine must have played one hell of a match. 86% first service points won, 72% second service points won. Makes me hopeful that she has a shot against Cibulkova.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #399
country flag chaton

chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
46 minutes

Mighty impressive, against Arvidsson you have to win on your own, she doesn't self-destruct, so Sabine must have played one hell of a match. 86% first service points won, 72% second service points won. Makes me hopeful that she has a shot against Cibulkova.
If it's Cibulkova. Her latest results weren't that great. So a loss against Tsurenko is possible. And if Sabine has to play her, she has definetly chances to win that.
chaton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #400
country flag Carsten
Andy!

Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
46 minutes

Well Arvidsson can definitely make some errors, and she hates clay

But winning in 46 minutes, Sabine can't have played that bad
Carsten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #401
country flag Carinafan479

Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light

one single critisism point: break point conversion and quote of returns on second serve! All in all expected result
Good to see her second serve upgrade (kicking and slicing it) / just seen in Stuttgart!
Carinafan479 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 10:11 PM   #402
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine in GOAT mode. Keep it up
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 12:08 AM   #403
country flag Michael!
!

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

great result for Sabine, I mean, Arvidsson on clay is really a must win but scoreline and stats are really promising, good start here, but hope that she can keep it up this time, 2nd round is for sure winnable also but the problem is that u never know with Sabine...good luck
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #404
country flag Jakubzz

Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice

Sabine vses Cibulkova next. Battle of the beauties eh?
Jakubzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #405
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Solid start. Hopefully she can Cibulkova now