Sabine on Clay 2013 - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 08:11 PM   #286
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sabine on Clay 2013

I'm not a fan of Sanchez, so I don't find it too bad they stop working together already.

Good she start the tournament with a win
Advertisement

Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 08:11 PM   #287
country flag sghskhgkj

sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice

Why take 4 weeks to split though? And give interviews in the mean time talking about him? Just seems a bit odd.
sghskhgkj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 08:14 PM   #288
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sghskhgkj View Post
Why take 4 weeks to split though? And give interviews in the mean time talking about him? Just seems a bit odd.
Those interviews seem to be taken earlier and they added some other recent stuff to it.

He was in contact with some other player to try to make a deal weeks ago....

2013 GG: Petra Kvitova, 2014 RU
2014 GG: Discount Sharapova
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 08:18 PM   #289
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

At least he will say something, thats for sure.

Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 08:22 PM   #290
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute

not convincing enough to give me a good feeling for the match againast JJ or Sam...

Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Annika Beck

forgive, you will never reach the level of my loyalty for the best that has ever played:
__Steffi forever__

Steff_forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 08:25 PM   #291
country flag Michael!
!

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

have to say that this was a good start, as she won it in two sets at least and that is most important after her previous results.
Serve stats are quite good, only 2 breaks, not too many up´s and down´s, was Ok, hope that she gets better again after playing some matches, can´t expect a win over Sam or JJ but hope for a good performance there!
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 08:34 PM   #292
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute

Job done.
KV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 09:17 PM   #293
country flag Ziva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steff_forever View Post
not convincing enough to give me a good feeling for the match againast JJ or Sam...
Yes, they should be outta reach for her at the moment, but that's ok, as long as she can somehow beat the players she has to beat from now on.

Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 09:40 PM   #294
country flag maartenround

maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light

Does anyone else feel that she could kind of clinch a win off of Stosur. I mean I know it's clay and all but Stosur isn't 100% and lost a 6-1 set to Bouchard... on CLAY. So I just think if she plays well, Stosur could be an almost ideal opponent.

Laura Robson
Angelique Kerber
Jelena Jankovic
maartenround is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 11:04 PM   #295
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by maartenround View Post
Does anyone else feel that she could kind of clinch a win off of Stosur. I mean I know it's clay and all but Stosur isn't 100% and lost a 6-1 set to Bouchard... on CLAY. So I just think if she plays well, Stosur could be an almost ideal opponent.
I'm convinced she can beat Stosur if she is able to dominate the rallies. Same with JJ. Bine has to believe in her power shots and not to be discouraged when she will make some unforced errors. If she play her own style consequently she can beat almost everyone

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #296
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

Jankovic can beat Stosur as well.

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 10:09 AM   #297
country flag Qalahari

Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see them get along so well. I think, Annika and Bine can benefit a lot from practising with each other
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
Qalahari is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #298
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The home crowd had something to cheer about later on, though, as Sabine Lisicki overpowered Italian qualifier Nastassja Burnett, 63 64, coming out firing - she won the first five games of the match - and finishing strong too, winning the last three games of the match. The German blasted five aces.

There was some drama in the first set, though - Lisicki watched 5-0 become 5-3 before closing it out.

"She was starting to play some great points at the end of the first set and I was backing off a bit, I think," Lisicki said. "Luckily I was able to stop her after three games and close the set out."

Like Ivanovic, Lisicki is coming off a confidence-boosting weekend in Fed Cup - alongside Anna-Lena Groenefeld, she scored the decisive point in doubles in Germany's World Group play-off victory.

"I love playing doubles," she said. "Obviously in Fed Cup on the weekend it was a very important match we played, and playing at home made it even more special. So I always enjoy playing doubles.

"The fans here in Stuttgart are amazing, as they were on the weekend. I love playing for them."

Lisicki's second round opponent will be the winner of Wednesday's match between No.6 seed Samantha Stosur and Jelena Jankovic. "That's a great match, actually!" Lisicki said. "I love those kinds of matches. Both players are great players - Sam won a Grand Slam and Jelena was No.1 in the world. So it's going to be a tough match for me no matter who wins. I'm sure the crowd will be amazing."
wtatennis.com

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #299
country flag Qalahari

Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute Qalahari has a reputation beyond repute

What's up with wtatennis.com calling her Sabine Katharina Lisicki now?
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
Qalahari is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #300
country flag Ziva

Sabine about why she fired Sanchez:

Quote:
Lisicki: Trennung von Coach Sanchez

Nach gut drei Monaten hat Sabine Lisicki die Zusammenarbeit mit ihrem Trainer Ricardo Sanchez schon wieder beendet.

"Es hat einfach nicht gepasst. Ricardo ist ein sehr guter Coach, aber seine Vorstellung war eine andere. Dadurch ist mir mein instinktives Spiel verloren gegangen, das mich immer so ausgezeichnet hat", sagte die Weltranglisten-47. beim WTA-Turnier in Stuttgart.

Bei der Sandplatzveranstaltung war Lisicki am Montagabend durch ein 6:3, 6:4 gegen die Qualifikantin Nastassja Burnett (Italien) ins Achtelfinale eingezogen. Neuer Coach der Berlinerin ist Robert Orlik, der auch Mona Barthel (Neumünster) betreut.

Lisicki hatte den 52-jährigen Sanchez erst am Rande der Australian Open Ende Januar in Melbourne als ihren neuen Trainer vorgestellt. Der Spanier hatte zuvor schon die früheren Weltranglistenersten Caroline Wozniacki (Dänemark) und Jelena Jankovic (Serbien) sowie die Russin Nadja Petrowa betreut.

Mit Wimbledon-Viertelfinalistin Lisicki, die zuvor immer von ihrem Vater Richard betreut worden war, konnte sich Sanchez offenbar nicht über die Taktik einigen.

"Ich konnte nicht frei aufspielen und war zu sehr eingeschränkt. Ich war zu defensiv", erklärte die 23-Jährige. Lisicki hatte mit Sanchez immerhin die Finals von Memphis und Pattaya erreicht.

Sanchez hatte im vergangenen Jahr Schlagzeilen gemacht, als er nach nur zwei Monaten von Wozniacki gefeuert worden war. Zudem hatte er einst beim Turnier in Tokio vor laufender Kamera eine Gegnerin seines Ex-Schützlings Petrowa übel beleidigt.
In English what she said abou the Reasons

Quote:
"....it just didn't work, Ricardo is a very good coach, but he had different plans than me regarding my game.
I lost my instinctive game...."

"I couldn't play freely, was too limited. I was to defensive."
As i suspected it's the same we saw with Wozniacki, she won't change her game at all
Those defensive skills are something she would need to get some kind of consistency.....

Not very promising, daddys girl still not ready for some new ideas