Miami 2013: Hometown Glory? - Page 96 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 31st, 2013, 10:32 AM   #1426
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future
Re: Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

i haven´t seen second set, did she have a lead 3-2 and was serving for 4-2? what happened? bad play or great return game from Serena??

Kvitova, Jankovic, Cepelova, Hantuchova, Ivanovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 31st, 2013, 11:17 AM   #1427
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelina View Post
i haven´t seen second set, did she have a lead 3-2 and was serving for 4-2? what happened? bad play or great return game from Serena??
Both of them combined actually . But she was broken right away, everything went so fast.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 11:33 AM   #1428
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelina View Post
nad she was 40:15 up, then she did double fault, then serena played well, and maria finally lost serve game on worst way, in the net

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 11:40 AM   #1429
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

OK I really wanted to post after the match but I had to leave immediately so here we go. First of all I tried to first read all your posts (which were like 6 pages) but most of them were really negative and sad so I just stopped. So about the match I'm really proud and impressed with the way Maria played in the 1 and 2 set. She definitely played better than Serena but Serena wasn't playing badly in general it was an amazing match to watch because both of them played great. Also another positive was that Maria was able to break Serena a lot (something she hasn't done in quite a while). But I feel like her mentality still affected the match she was 3-2 up in the second after breaking Serena to love while playing some breathtaking points (after watching that game I genuinely thought she'd actually win the match) but then she managed to get broken (which she did on her own really with UEs and DFs) and it was downhill from there on. I knew she wasn't going to win the third but in general I think overall Maria was the better player( even Serena said so) and she should have won this in two the way she was playing.

However it was a great performance for both and an incredible match for tennis fans and the SharaFamily (including Maria) should take the positives in this match and move on. It was definitely a step in the right direction for her and she now must have realized Serena isn't unbeatable she just needs to not let her guard and consideration drop at all when playing her. I hope they meet on the clay, and I really believe that if Maria plays like that or better she will win the surface favores her more too.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 11:41 AM   #1430
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp_Me_Pova View Post
nad she was 40:15 up, then she did double fault, then serena played well, and maria finally lost serve game on worst way, in the net
i am so glad i haven´t seen it now, just thinking she could have lead 4-2

Kvitova, Jankovic, Cepelova, Hantuchova, Ivanovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 11:43 AM   #1431
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I'm disappointed though because I do believe she played better for the most part and should have won ans she probably would have if it wasn't for that service game at 3-2 which she practically gifted Serena with 2 DFs and UEs
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 12:20 PM   #1432
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
The single best thing about being a Maria fan is that you know that she'll take the positives from this loss and move forward. The ending of the match really stung today, but I'm still so proud of what she's done this month and I can't wait for the clay.
Yes, Maria has spoilt us all terribly. I don't think there's anyone else who could've came back again and again, so relentlessly no matter the number of setbacks and losses. It's just, something that transcends the serve, the return or the strokes. In that regard, I think she's not only one of the best tennis player, but one of the most admirable human beings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareerSlamPova View Post
This quote just made my day.
Case in point.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 12:56 PM   #1433
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Maria

What a great match. Fantastic for WTA. Serena and Maria are the best 2 WTA players. Maria has no reason to be disappointed, she can be happy with her performances at Indian Wells and Miami. And finally she won a set vs Serena, strong serving in 1st set and aggressive play.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 01:34 PM   #1434
country flag mc8114

mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute

tough match guys, tough match...
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 02:10 PM   #1435
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all

Everytime one of her defeats bugs me I watch the "I was here" tribute and I know that she will keep fighting and she will succeed. She is a great role model

Steffi Graf best female tennis player ever
**mashafierce** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 02:14 PM   #1436
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp_Me_Pova View Post
Actually, after Maria broke Serena at love to go up 3-2, it was the very next game where Maria was herself broken back at love to tie it at 3-3. Just a great game by Serena, where there was little Maria could do. After Serena held to lead 4-3, the 8th game is where things really turned badly for Maria with the 40-15 lead. And she also had a game point even after it went to deuce. DFs and UFEs doomed her. Maria even had one last gasp at 3-5 getting to 0-30 on Serena. But Serena had entered GOAT mode and it over quickly after that.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 04:53 PM   #1437
country flag stegall

stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all

Even though the third set was tough to watch,It was just such an odd experience to see her take a set off Serena,almost like a breakthrough moment for her,even though she lost the match.
stegall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 04:59 PM   #1438
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegall View Post
Even though the third set was tough to watch,It was just such an odd experience to see her take a set off Serena,almost like a breakthrough moment for her,even though she lost the match.
Agreed, it was almost one of the greatest moments in my life as a Maria fan, despite the loss . I remember when she broke for 3-2 in the second, how all 4 of those points were some of the most amazing I had ever seen from her. Yeah, it quickly spiraled into misery, but I will always remember how close she came
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 05:04 PM   #1439
country flag PimpMePova

She was playing so amazingly in that game that I was sure she was going to win and definitely hold serve...
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 06:26 PM   #1440
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Actually, after Maria broke Serena at love to go up 3-2, it was the very next game where Maria was herself broken back at love to tie it at 3-3. Just a great game by Serena, where there was little Maria could do. After Serena held to lead 4-3, the 8th game is where things really turned badly for Maria with the 40-15 lead. And she also had a game point even after it went to deuce. DFs and UFEs doomed her. Maria even had one last gasp at 3-5 getting to 0-30 on Serena. But Serena had entered GOAT mode and it over quickly after that.
yeah yeah, sorry that low game i was immediatly push from my mind, it was so paintful to watch how she did same thing to herself :hyasteric: everething happened so fast in these 2-3games, for whicg we later found out that were key games in the match

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote