Miami 2013: Hometown Glory? - Page 94 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #1396
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
it was a joke -.-

actually Maria supported my thoughts that the pace on her shots declined and that's was the end
as for calling it a joke , you are a joke by yourself if you think that 12 matches in 22 days is not physically demanding...

in the third set Masha was like Radwanska , no pace at her serve and groundstrokes , that's why it turned into beatdown

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #1397
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post

actually Maria supported my thoughts that the pace on her shots declined and that's was the end
as for calling it a joke , you are a joke by yourself if you think that 12 matches in 22 days is not physically demanding...
It's physically demanding, but Indian Wells is just as big a title as Miami and she won that, so it was worth it.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #1398
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
TBH though, last year's final will be a loss that lingers forever. I'm sure for all of us and Maria herself too if she never manages to win a Miami title. Inexplicable fuck-up.

Regarding Hoggy, he clearly read my post in the 'what does Hogstedt have to tell Maria to beat Serena' thread in GM, because I noticed her doing everything in this match that I posted she should do (bar the net charging) and it worked for a set and a half. Or he figured it out himself.
I didn't read GM but
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #1399
country flag Jack89

Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light

Disappointed she couldn't win the final (don't really care about the 5 losses). Just hope she can take the positives from this performance and know that she has the game to beat Serena.

Also, I think one huge positive to take from her year so far is that she seems to be really bringing her A-game to the finals this year, which is big improvement from last year where she really didn't do that a lot.
Jack89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #1400
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

That final set hurt but I do think Maria will take the positives from this match. I loved how intense she came out today, you could see that she truly believes she can beat Serena. Tbh we can hardly complain with a win and a final from this hardcourt swing.

Onto the clay
swissmr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #1401
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Maria . This is why I love this girl sooo much. She played fantastically in that first set and in the beginning of the second, she really stepped it up and took it to Serena which is all I wanted really.

Too bad she is yet to win a Miami title, but at least she didn't go down without a fight this time around . Hopefully she builds up on this.

The clay season is coming , she better win a title during this part of the year, and hopefully RG as well .We went through another tournament together you guys , so happy . Many more to come hopefully.

Onto Stuttgart .
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #1402
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so proud of our girl. Although she went down meekly in that last set she is really making strides against Serena. She didnt play scared and really took it to her. Baby steps. The first set she has won since 2008. This should give her a lot of confidence. What a great month she has had. Hopefully she will get that elusive Miami win in the next couple of years.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 10:20 PM   #1403
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

after 64 32 Maria was

So she went home.

Pity.

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #1404
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

Very good 1 and 1/2 set and a little disappinting 3rd set. But at least she showed she can compete against Serena and defeat her if she keeps high level through all match. It was definitely a step into right direction and I hope Maria will defeat her in their next meeting. Maybe she will have a chance to do this during this clay season
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #1405
country flag tennis-insomniac

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute

God made serena to beat all players , next time Maria. Great tournament

-"Still On The Road"
tennis-insomniac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #1406
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know why I just watched it again It seemed to hurt more the second time. I had to turn it off after she went up a break in the second
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #1407
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
I dont know why I just watched it again It seemed to hurt more the second time. I had to turn it off after she went up a break in the second
i cant see anything, i went to WTA site to check tournament in mexico, to get a link, and then i saw picture of two of them with trophies, she has so sad smile, her eyes are so sad

i don't wanna see pictures of that, or any highlights, to much pain it wouldn't be so painful if she wan't up a set and break

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #1408
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

And people thought she couldn't look more sad than when she was holding up the runner up trophy last year next to Radwanska.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #1409
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Damn it, I was imagining during the match that the highlight reel (had she won) would be perfect with the Lord of the Rings Battle of Helm's Deep soundtrack playing in the background

from this video 0:42-onwards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQPFwgQi8z8
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 11:49 PM   #1410
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp_Me_Pova View Post
i cant see anything, i went to WTA site to check tournament in mexico, to get a link, and then i saw picture of two of them with trophies, she has so sad smile, her eyes are so sad

i don't wanna see pictures of that, or any highlights, to much pain it wouldn't be so painful if she wan't up a set and break
It will be OK in one year, when Maria has beaten Serena many times and wins many more titles.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote