Miami 2013: Hometown Glory? - Page 89 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #1321
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future
Re: Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

Humiliating ending, but that's what Serena does best. She humiliates Maria

Respectable performance tho, it's great that she managed to win a set

Poor Maria. 5 lost finals in Miami, I'm heart-broken

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #1322
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of

To be honest Serena's serve is not fit in 1st two set but her ground stroke is amazing,She can make a winer from everywhere. The best thing Maria've done today is her movement, She moved well until 6th game in 2nd set. A little but tired but the main reason is Serena is too strong. Last year Maria is runner up both Indian Wells and Miami and this year She is winner of IW and runnerup of Miami. So It's a better than last year.
And Maria Sharapova make a record in Sony Open Tennis Miami. Runner up in here 5 times
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#56
PAW Rank:#108
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #1323
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Maria She took a set, that was unexpected tbqh, now I really think ClayPova can beat her on clay!

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #1324
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
Of course she does, but why wouldn't she? Despite beating Maria all these years, despite all of Serena's majors, despite being the best player of her generation, Maria still gets more money and attention. I'd want to spank her ass every time I played her as well.
Well perhaps if Serena wasn't such a bully and acting the way she does on the court, maybe she'd have it as well. I think people forget that USO 2009 (and why not add USO 2011) too easily.

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #1325
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Who gives a fuck, could've easily been 63 60

I LOVE YOU MARIA. NEXT TIME YOU'RE GETTING THIS!
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #1326
country flag Shinjii

Shinjii has a brilliant future Shinjii has a brilliant future Shinjii has a brilliant future Shinjii has a brilliant future Shinjii has a brilliant future Shinjii has a brilliant future Shinjii has a brilliant future Shinjii has a brilliant future Shinjii has a brilliant future Shinjii has a brilliant future Shinjii has a brilliant future
It was a great performance from Maria but she ran out of gas. Nothing to be ashamed about.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #1327
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #1328
country flag NiMaria

NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #1329
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Maria barely spoke a word in the ceremony
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #1330
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
And I honestly don't know what hurts more-when she loses winning one game or when she actually has a chance. Although even when she was a break up in the second, it wasn't her that crumbled as much as it was Serena upping her game by a large margin.
Nah, this goes on Maria. Serena still wasn't playing great in that second set. She wasn't acing. And she still wasn't moving that well. Maria started giving Serena short balls and hitting UEs. No more going for the lines. Her belief got zapped halfway through that second set.

Sharapova, Haas and (to a degree) Gasquet all flopped in three sets. Terrible Sony Open. Can't wait to see Nadal again
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #1331
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Maria barely spoke a word in the ceremony
How did she look? I couldn't even bring myself to watch it

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #1332
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Maria did really well today. It's a shame she couldn't keep her momentum going, but this will certainly help her believe when playing against Serena in the future. As much as most of these past beatdowns came down to Serena playing well, Maria's mental defeatist attitude against Serena was also very detrimental to her record vs Williams. All in all though, Serena is just a player that Maria will probably never reach anymore, Williams is superior in all departments. That in itself makes it even more impressive that Maria was a set and a break up today against a player who also mentally out-matches her.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #1333
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future

I'm sad, but I'm really not devastated. It sucks that Maria was in such a great position but what can you do. I didn't see anything until it was far to late for Maria, but from what I did see, nobody could do much to prevent what Serena was doing.

There's a lot of positives in there today, despite the obvious bagel pain.

Tennis Tipping Rank: 117 (singles), 85 (doubles)
Doubles Titles: WTA Luxembourg 2013, ITF x5
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #1334
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

My emotions are all over the place at the moment. On one hand I'm so proud of Maria for getting further than she's gotten vs. Serena in years, on the other hand she was so close. If it's diffcult to take for us that she lost to Serena again, and lost her fifth Miami final, then I can't even imagine how devastated she must be.

I just hope this won't have negative implications for her clay season. She needs to play Stuttgart, take the title and get that winning feeling back asap.

Maria Sharapova: Always on Your Mind
AnnieIWillKnow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #1335
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

It was terrific performance form both women, the last time Serena played like this was when Azarenka was serving for the match at USO
Now at least Hogsted has something to analize and prepare Maria better for next matches

Quote:
She wasn't acing.
she wasn't acing much just because Maria's reach and slow surface...
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote