Miami 2013: Hometown Glory? - Page 88 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #1306
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
No comment

Some people are just sick.
Don't post their posts or you'll get banned. Let them talk.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #1307
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

7/7 that is all that really needs to be said.

Still, yay for taking a set, boo for losing 10 games in a row.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #1308
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Maria wanted no part of Serena's words and handshake at the net.

That was kind of sad in a way. Throw out that first set and 5 games and it looked like a typical Serena/Maria match. After 6-4, 3-2, Maria could barely win points, let alone games. There is no standing up to Serena’s will. Once she found that next gear, stopped making errors, and applied pressure to Maria, Maria crumbled. And it was all routine.

Maria needs all the planets to align to defeat Serena. She had that in the first set and a half. Maria couldn’t have played any better than she did and Serena couldn’t have played much worse. But it’s near impossible to sustain that over an entire match.

This may have a longer lasting effect on Maria than the usual thrashing. Being up a set and a break and then losing the last 10 games has to be devastating. Scary. I think Maria just saw her last chance to finally beat Serena. Just like the Aussie Open final against Azarenka the way the avalanche just came out of nowhere. I worry about her mental well-being heading on to the clay.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #1309
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Maria really trolled as at 6-4 3-2
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #1310
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

The good thing is that even when Maria had the first set I didn't allow myself to get excited. I knew all Serena had to do was step up her game a little bit and Maria would fall apart. Then came the DFs, unforced errors and short balls. She just doesn't have the belief. Poor thing.

My problem with Mexicola and Fighterpova has nothing to do with them airing their opinions. We all know they're more than likely gonna be right. It's the unrelenting negativity. Is it ness to post three flowery, morbid paragraphs everyday describing how Sharapova's gonna get beaten? It's just unbecoming and redundant. The reality of this match up and suppressing enough.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #1311
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

I do think I'm some sort of good luck for Masha
first time I voted for her in a WWW poll and she was up a set and a break

still love her
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #1312
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Blah. This hurts even more than the usual thrashing. Because she actually won a set. But ended up getting embarrassed anyway.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #1313
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

I'm proud of Maria, she tried her best but was ready only for 1 and a half sets, after that she ran out of gas. It was absolutely similar to USO SF versus Azarenka....

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #1314
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

I don't care what anyone thinks, I literally HATE Serena. And nobody can convince me that she doesn't get a special kick out of beating Maria Anyway, I'm so proud at our girl, she really fought hard, and the thing that made a big gap in the end was the serve. I was actually impressed how well she bore with Serena from the baseline most of the time. Everything was looking too good to be true after she hit those 3 beautiful shots for 3:2 in the second, but Serena really upped her level after that, and there was pretty much nothing Maria could have done from that point. The only big mistake she made was wasting 40:15 at 3:4 down in the second and serving two DFs in that game. Other than that, Serena just played like her usual Maria-demolishing self. Anyway, I really feel bad that she got a bagel in the end, because she sure as hell didn't deserve it in this match.

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #1315
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Maria wanted no part of Serena's words and handshake at the net.

That was kind of sad in a way. Throw out that first set and 5 games and it looked like a typical Serena/Maria match. After 6-4, 3-2, Maria could barely win points, let alone games. There is no standing up to Serena’s will. Once she found that next gear, stopped making errors, and applied pressure to Maria, Maria crumbled. And it was all routine.

Maria needs all the planets to align to defeat Serena. She had that in the first set and a half. Maria couldn’t have played any better than she did and Serena couldn’t have played much worse. But it’s near impossible to sustain that over an entire match.

This may have a longer lasting effect on Maria than the usual thrashing. Being up a set and a break and then losing the last 10 games has to be devastating. Scary. I think Maria just saw her last chance to finally beat Serena. Just like the Aussie Open final against Azarenka the way the avalanche just came out of nowhere. I worry about her mental well-being heading on to the clay.
You mean like how she won the French Open after that AO Final? I think you're underestimating her mental strength.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #1316
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
I don't care what anyone thinks, I literally HATE Serena. And nobody can convince me that she doesn't get a special kick out of beating Maria
Of course she does, but why wouldn't she? Despite beating Maria all these years, despite all of Serena's majors, despite being the best player of her generation, Maria still gets more money and attention. I'd want to spank her ass every time I played her as well.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #1317
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Can we enter a period of mourning please?
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #1318
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Maria

Proud of you. Keep your head up HIGH
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #1319
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

And I honestly don't know what hurts more-when she loses winning one game or when she actually has a chance. Although even when she was a break up in the second, it wasn't her that crumbled as much as it was Serena upping her game by a large margin.

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #1320
country flag nectar69

nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold

I completely disagree. I think this was a real positive for Maria when you look at the big picture. This was closer than she's come to beating Serena in a long time. She now knows for sure she can at least take a set from her. I still think on red clay Maria can beat Serena. Serena's weapons aren't as strong on clay, and it's clearly her weakest surface. And Maria has become a really good clay-courter. I would much rather see Maria beat Serena at the French Open than in Miami. I am very proud of Maria today. Another final of a tournament. She's having a great year and we should all be happy and proud of her! We're just lucky and fortunate that Maria's playing and we get to watch her play. She won't be playing forever.
nectar69 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote