Miami 2013: Hometown Glory? - Page 56 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #826
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

We have been so spoiled by Maria lately. Come on guys - she's won Indian Wells and made the Miami semis and probably the final! She's doing fantastic! Who cares about Serena Williams? Those are worries for later. Besides, even if she would lose that one it still will have been an incredible month! And we can always hope that Aga will play the match of her life tomorrow. It's tennis, stranger things have happened.

It was hardly vintage Maria today, but she got the job done in the end. And Sara competed very well, perhaps the best match she has played against Maria.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #827
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

I could not see the match and could not even really follow the scoreboard. Two-and-a-half-hours-for-a-two-sets-match? 14DFs? Not what I expected, obviously. But I'll take the win, any time. Whether Maria's game today is a reliable predictor of what will happen tomorrow, it's anybody's guess. I am still quite comfortable to see Maria in the Final.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #828
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
There must be reasons that the two worst matches Maria played in the last 3 weeks are both against Errani.

It's not that she plays like that in every match and there are also reasons Errani has won more matches than any other WTA players in 2013.
I was being facetious in my comment about Maria being a masochist. Of course I don't believe Maria enjoys losing to the same player over and over. Maria is a fierce competitor and a professional and I'm sure it eats her up inside not being able to do better against Serena. She believes in herself and wants to take on that challenge, no matter how hard.

But I stand by my other comments. Based on this form she's showing in Miami and the dubious history she has against Serena, especially recently, the match would not be close.

As for Errani, she's like 2010 Woz, only with more pop and shot-making in her game. Her style, when it's on, is built to be problematic to players like Maria.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #829
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post

I don't care about the match because she cares about us on twitter
I want to be mad at her for her crappy play today and then she writes this. DAMN YOU MARIA!!!!!

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #830
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
I want to be mad at her for her crappy play today and then she writes this. DAMN YOU MARIA!!!!!
Whoa!! - did she now? - That's so kewl!!!
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #831
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
I'm kind of worried I read his tweets now and he says she's like that because apparently her arm is tired

Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters 50m
Glad I'm not in Miami today & dont have to talk 2 Maria cause her arm tired & she's in very bad mood #WillFreezeContinentsWithIceyGlare

Jane Carruthers ‏@Fine_Life 28m
@TennisReporters Would not want to be on the end of the icy-glare. Is it an injured sore arm or a 10 match streak sore arm?

Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters 21m
@Fine_Life It could just a tired arm combining IW and Miami, but something else in bothering her - not sure what

and at some point in the match I noticed she was flexing her shoulder a lot hope it's nothing serious
Ha ha. Maria "Maleficent" Sharapova: I'm looking forward to see that, hope there will be a video of it.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #832
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

don't think there will be a video
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #833
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Maria'd better win SF and play relaxed Final losing 3-6 2-6 , i'll be OK with it

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #834
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm kind of worried I read his tweets now and he says she's like that because apparently her arm is tired

Glad I'm not in Miami today & dont have to talk 2 Maria cause her arm tired & she's in very bad mood #WillFreezeContinentsWithIceyGlare

@TennisReporters Would not want to be on the end of the icy-glare. Is it an injured sore arm or a 10 match streak sore arm?

@Fine_Life It could just a tired arm combining IW and Miami, but something else in bothering her - not sure what

and at some point in the match I noticed she was flexing her shoulder a lot hope it's nothing serious
Well, if her shoulder is bothering her, she needs to withdraw immediately and get it closely checked out. Her shoulder is her career. It's not some little stupid foot problem like Vika.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #835
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Quote:

I hope there is nothing wrong with her shoulder, just a little tired But I thought her IW-Miami matches this year were faster than last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuttons View Post
I could not see the match and could not even really follow the scoreboard. Two-and-a-half-hours-for-a-two-sets-match? 14DFs? Not what I expected, obviously. But I'll take the win, any time. Whether Maria's game today is a reliable predictor of what will happen tomorrow, it's anybody's guess. I am still quite comfortable to see Maria in the Final.
I recommend you to just watch the highlights of this match. It will be super stunning with these 45 winners, and you will totally forget about how big of a mess this match was and those 49 UEs including 14 DFs
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #836
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Well, if her shoulder is bothering her, she needs to withdraw immediately and get it closely checked out. Her shoulder is her career. It's not some little stupid foot problem like Vika.
She's smart enough to know to withdraw if she has to.
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #837
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

It is was said by her after R2:

Q. How is your collarbone and shoulder?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Good. It's doing very well.

So I think nothing serious could happen to shoulder for few days, right?
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #838
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Likely just tired, didn't notice any obvious signs of pain/injury. The shoulder flexing is just something she does all the time after a few DFs, don't think there's anything worrisome there.
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #839
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Well, if her shoulder is bothering her, she needs to withdraw immediately and get it closely checked out.
I agree, but how sure are we that she even has a shoulder problem? Unless she specifically told him I don't think that Matt Cronin is the most reliable source. And a sore arm doesn't necessarily mean a bad shoulder.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #840
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
Likely just tired, didn't notice any obvious signs of pain/injury. The shoulder flexing is just something she does all the time after a few DFs, don't think there's anything worrisome there.
Agreed, it's probably stiff too after all these matches. I did notice that she used the reverse follow-through only a couple times today on the forehand. I don't know if that's a new tactic (didn't work, forehand was a mess today) or due to stiffness or what.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote