Miami 2013: Hometown Glory? - Page 55 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 27th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #811
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future
Re: Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

The thing I'm worried is i feel Maria was a little bit tired in 2nd set. I hope it won't affect her tomorrow.
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#108.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014,
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 27th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #812
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowWow View Post
My motives for her winning have slightly changed. Now I want her to win to see what she's gonna write
Same here
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #813
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I even edited my twitter profile after this. This moment deserves it.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #814
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Is there anyone who witnessed the Errani match who still wants to see a Serena/Maria final? If so, you guys are true masochists.

And it's pretty much a certainty to happen now, whether we want to see it or not. So we will get to witness Maria going 0-5 in Miami, losing to Serena for the 11th straight time, and all the mocking and insults directed at Maria that will follow.

You can call it defeatist, but the stone cold reality is that Maria will get utterly crushed by Serena if they meet. And who wants that? It's going to put a dark cloud over Maria heading into the clay.

Come to think of it, Maria might be the masochist. She clearly wants this tournament badly and she fought with everything she had to not allow Errani to beat her. You know she's well aware of who's going to be in the final on the other side. But Maria still wants to play Serena again and again....
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #815
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2cruxs2 View Post
The thing I'm worried is i feel Maria was a little bit tired in 2nd set. I hope it won't affect her tomorrow.
Tiredness can't be the excuse, Maria's potential SF opponent will play a night match today and is yet to go on court.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #816
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Is there anyone who witnessed the Errani match who still wants to see a Serena/Maria final? If so, you guys are true masochists.

And it's pretty much a certainty to happen now, whether we want to see it or not. So we will get to witness Maria going 0-5 in Miami, losing to Serena for the 11th straight time, and all the mocking and insults directed at Maria that will follow.

You can call it defeatist, but the stone cold reality is that Maria will get utterly crushed by Serena if they meet. And who wants that? It's going to put a dark cloud over Maria heading into the clay.

Come to think of it, Maria might be the masochist. She clearly wants this tournament badly and she fought with everything she had to not allow Errani to beat her. You know she's well aware of who's going to be in the final on the other side. But Maria still wants to play Serena again and again....
I think you don't have a heart.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #817
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Tiredness can't be the excuse, Maria's potential SF opponent will play a night match today and is yet to go on court.
No i don't use it as an excuse, just feel like she can't hit the ball comfortable in 2nd set, especially in the end
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#108.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014,
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #818
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
There must be reasons that the two worst matches Maria played in the last 3 weeks are both against Errani.

It's not that she plays like that in every match and there are also reasons Errani has won more matches than any other WTA players in 2013.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #819
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm not a masochist but sure as hell I want Maria to turn up on the court for that bloody Final, whether there's going to be Serena, Terminator, or Alien 1, 2, and 3 on the other side of the net.
And if we do not believe that this is what Maria should aim for in Miami and in all the other damned tournaments she's going to play in her career, then something is wrong with us, not her.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #820
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

It was her worst winning match this year just horrible, I was sure like for 90 % she was gonna lose a set, it is unbelievable she managed to do it in straights, her fight spirit at the moments when she can lose is phenomenal though, what worries me the most is 14 DFsis her shoulder fine? I need to hear her explanation....
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #821
country flag Nalby fan

Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold

Oh to be a fly on the wall at Maria's press conference. If looks could kill,Maria would have slaughtered the entire Miami press corps,according to Matt Cronin.
Nalby fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #822
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I'm kind of worried I read his tweets now and he says she's like that because apparently her arm is tired

Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters 50m
Glad I'm not in Miami today & dont have to talk 2 Maria cause her arm tired & she's in very bad mood #WillFreezeContinentsWithIceyGlare

Jane Carruthers ‏@Fine_Life 28m
@TennisReporters Would not want to be on the end of the icy-glare. Is it an injured sore arm or a 10 match streak sore arm?

Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters 21m
@Fine_Life It could just a tired arm combining IW and Miami, but something else in bothering her - not sure what

and at some point in the match I noticed she was flexing her shoulder a lot hope it's nothing serious
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #823
country flag Fiercepova
JJ Project - BNior

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuttons View Post
I'm not a masochist but sure as hell I want Maria to turn up on the court for that bloody Final, whether there's going to be Serena, Terminator, or Alien 1, 2, and 3 on the other side of the net.
And if we do not believe that this is what Maria should aim for in Miami and in all the other damned tournaments she's going to play in her career, then something is wrong with us, not her.
Well said
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #824
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Should we worry about the double faults?

I hope she's okay. At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #825
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
I'm kind of worried I read his tweets now and he says she's like that because apparently her arm is tired

Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters 50m
Glad I'm not in Miami today & dont have to talk 2 Maria cause her arm tired & she's in very bad mood #WillFreezeContinentsWithIceyGlare

Jane Carruthers ‏@Fine_Life 28m
@TennisReporters Would not want to be on the end of the icy-glare. Is it an injured sore arm or a 10 match streak sore arm?

Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters 21m
@Fine_Life It could just a tired arm combining IW and Miami, but something else in bothering her - not sure what

and at some point in the match I noticed she was flexing her shoulder a lot hope it's nothing serious
OMG hope not
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote