An 8 Year Old Boy Marries a 61 Year Old Woman - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 10th, 2014, 07:05 AM   #16
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute
Re: An 8 Year Old Boy Marries a 61 Year Old Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolás89 View Post
Damn this kid. So mature.
I hope that means you're being sarcastic, because if this kid was actually mature AT 8 YEARS OLD he, firstly, wouldn't be marrying a 65 year old woman, and secondly, not doing so with the expressed knowledge he'll be remarrying someone of his own age when the time comes.

"The school boy married Helen Shabangu after his grandfather contacted him from beyond the grave telling him that he needed to wed." - [Source]

We all dream, and if we all acted on them, just imagine what this already fucked up world would be like. Nothing about this is mature or right, regardless of the culture.

Maturity and wisdom comes with experience, and no human being at 8 years of age has that.

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 10th, 2014, 08:03 AM   #17
country flag The Walking Bye

The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Cherry. View Post
Dear hihihihihihi,

hehehehehehe

Yours sincerely

memememememe
He was asking for it, when he got that username
Here a mug, there a mug
Everywhere a mugmug
Old McStacey had a farm
E-I-E-I-O.
The Walking Bye is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 08:46 AM   #18
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihihihihihi View Post
Instituionalized child molestation. YAY, joke time.

Dumb c*nt.
Thank you. If it's not an issue of gay bashing, which most non-gays here openly empathize with, don't expect much understanding from the posters here.

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 02:40 PM   #19
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
I hope that means you're being sarcastic, because if this kid was actually mature AT 8 YEARS OLD he, firstly, wouldn't be marrying a 65 year old woman, and secondly, not doing so with the expressed knowledge he'll be remarrying someone of his own age when the time comes.

"The school boy married Helen Shabangu after his grandfather contacted him from beyond the grave telling him that he needed to wed." - [Source]

We all dream, and if we all acted on them, just imagine what this already fucked up world would be like. Nothing about this is mature or right, regardless of the culture.

Maturity and wisdom comes with experience, and no human being at 8 years of age has that.

This. Terrifying.
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 02:51 PM   #20
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
Here Comes The 61-Year-Old Bride Who Married the 8-Year-Old
Mar 11, 2013 By Ariel Cherie, Editorial Assistant

If one of your ancestors asked you to marry someone who was over 50 years older than you, would you do it? Or would you let your kids do it, is the better question. Well, in the case of this 8-year-old child, Sanele Masilela, decided to jump the broom with 61-year-old, Helen Shabangu, because the ghost of his dead grandfather told him to, according to the Daily Mail.

The child, of Tshwane, South Africa, and woman had an actual ceremony of the wedding, which was planned in two months, because he feared that if they did not get married he would be cursed. Masiela is already married and has five children. They did not sign a marriage certificate, so their marriage is not legal.

His mother, Patience Masilela, claims that his grandfather never had a wedding, so he wanted Sanele to do so. And he married Helen “because he loved her.”

“By doing this we made the ancestors happy,” Patience said. “If we hadn’t done what my son had asked then something bad would have happened in the family. I didn’t have a problem with it because I know it’s what the ancestors wanted and it would make them happy.”

“I’m happy that I married Helen – but I will go to school and study hard,” said Sanele. “When I’m older I will marry a lady my own age.”

What do you guys think? Was he being respectful of his grandfather’s wishes or was this just creepy?
It's there culture and it appears as though she's more of a mother figure than a wife. She's already married and he said that he'll marry a woman his own age.

Last edited by mykarma : Apr 11th, 2014 at 01:09 AM.
mykarma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 02:52 PM   #21
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
30% of South African schoolgirls are HIV positive
What does that have to do with this thread?
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 02:54 PM   #22
country flag Mynarco
INAZUMA

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

OMG WTF
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian's) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 03:11 PM   #23
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Meh...I've read updates on it... It's their culture; the marriage isn't "real"; it was just a ritual. There's no sex / molestation involved. They don't even live together.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-new-wife.html
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 06:03 PM   #24
country flag Javi.

Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute

This is so disgusting I have no words
Javi. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 06:12 PM   #25
country flag eastonb

eastonb is just really nice eastonb is just really nice eastonb is just really nice eastonb is just really nice eastonb is just really nice eastonb is just really nice eastonb is just really nice eastonb is just really nice eastonb is just really nice eastonb is just really nice eastonb is just really nice

no disrespect to their ancestors but this is downright creepy especially the part where she kissed him on the darn lips
eastonb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 08:55 PM   #26
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

This is taking "cougarism" to a whole new level
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 11:01 PM   #27
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

I cant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 11:13 PM   #28
country flag mykarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastonb View Post
no disrespect to their ancestors but this is downright creepy especially the part where she kissed him on the darn lips
If you think the kiss was sexual then yes but some of you all need to get a grip.
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 12:14 AM   #29
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute

it's not a sexual relationship. it's not even an emotional attachment. just a cultural ritual, geez.
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 12:57 AM   #30
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote