Navratilova to play with Stevenson in Sydney - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:53 PM   #1
tamara77

tamara77 is an unknown quantity at this point tamara77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Navratilova to play with Stevenson in Sydney

From the Sydney Morning Herald

Tennis fans willing to lace up the sandshoes to ensure Martina Navratilova's appearance in Sydney next week can relax, she's found a doubles partner.

Powerful American Alexandra Stevenson has answered the call of tournament organisers, agreeing to partner 46-year-old Navratilova in doubles at the adidas International tournament.

As reported in the Herald yesterday, frantic efforts were being made to find a partner for Navratilova after she expressed interest in playing in Sydney.

Tournament director Craig Watson confirmed yesterday that 22-year-old Stevenson had been on the top of Navratilova's wish list of players.

"Martina had said she'd like to play with Alexandra and we got in touch with her overnight and she's delighted to be playing with her," he said.

Navratilova made a triumphant return to tennis in Australia yesterday, partnering Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia to a 4-6, 6-3, 6-1 win over Russian Evgenia Koulikovskaya and Tatiana Poutchek of Belarus at the Uncle Tobys Hardcourts on the Gold Coast.
tamara77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 06:10 AM   #2
country flag geoepee
Team WTAworld

geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute
Woohoo! Good luck Alexandra and Martina!
lliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenus
WilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVen
usWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsV
enusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliam

Good Luck to Venus Williams in 2006!
Official Alchemist of the Royal Court

WGTA - A. Stevenson (5) - S5 Australian Open Champion [GS]
WITT - A. Stevenson (6) - S1 Mexican Open Champion [T2]
LTT - A. Stevenson (25)
UTT - A. Stevenson (16)
geoepee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 06:50 AM   #3
country flag Tennisfan-Mtl

Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of
Poor Martina

Oops....Did I really write that ????

Tennisfan-Mtl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:06 AM   #4
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future
Wonder how Alex's mum will cope with her daughter playing with the biggest Lesbian of them all!!!!!
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:09 AM   #5
country flag Tennisfan-Mtl

Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of
You're right AUSBOY ! I hadn't thought about it ! Martina should have NEVER asked her to play with her....
Tennisfan-Mtl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:42 AM   #6
country flag treufreund

treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute
GO MARTINA (and alex)!!!!!!!!!
treufreund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 07:15 PM   #7
country flag Glenn

Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Tennisfan-Mtl
You're right AUSBOY ! I hadn't thought about it ! Martina should have NEVER asked her to play with her....
WTF do you mean?
Samantha Stevenson is to be ignored, nobody cares what she and her homophobic mind thinks.
People like her should be locked away for eternity, and you think Martina should shut up because of her?

~|~ Justine Henin-Hardenne ~|~ ~|~ Karolina Sprem ~|~ ~|~ Ashley Harkleroad~|~ ~|~ Marissa Irvin ~|~ ~|~ Corina Morariu ~|~ ~|~ Anna Kournikova ~|~ ~|~ Clarisa Fernandez ~|~ ~|~ Flavia Pennetta ~|~ ~|~ Iroda Tulyaganova ~|~ ~|~ Lina Krasnoroutskaya ~|~ ~|~ Denisa Chladkova ~|~ ~|~ Patty Schnyder ~|~ ~|~ Aniko Kapros ~|~ ~|~ Daja Bedanova ~|~ ~|~ Maja Matevzic ~|~ ~|~ Alexandra Stevenson ~|~
Glenn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2003, 04:54 AM   #8
nander
Registered 1

nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all nander is a name known to all
I too was wondering if her mother had heard the news!