Alexj's Indian Wells Friday Report - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 9th, 2013, 05:27 AM   #1
country flag Alexj

Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of
Alexj's Indian Wells Friday Report

Hello all!
I attended Indian Wells today and instead of talking about every player I saw and every match I saw I'll just let you ask me about any player(s) and I'll let you know if I saw them and how their form was.

A few things that stick out to me right away though:
-Novotna telling Bartoli during her match to step even closer to the service line while returning against Scheepers
-Huber bitching out Hantuchova, the ref, and a baby.
-The crowd singing Happy Birthday to Kvitova during her warm up against Govortsova
-Cibulkova's annoying team
-The Stephens hype is still going full force
-Pironkova and Karatantcheva's practice session
-The wrong pronunciation of "Jelena" by one loud fan

I'm really tired but lots more happened so just ask about a player or a match and I'll give you any info I have

I'll be your blonde tonight, if that's what you like
Stilettos & fishnets, if that's what you like
I'll be your hot mess, school girl in curls
Whatever your type, baby if that's what you like
I'll do it
Alexj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 9th, 2013, 05:40 AM   #2
country flag saarsngg

saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of
Re: Alexj's Indian Wells Friday Report

Hi! Did you watch the JJ-Sveta match? Also, how was Kvitova playing? Thanks

Titles
PAW: Paris '13, Carlsbad '13, Seoul '13, Osaka '13 & Nurnberg '14
TT Doubles: ITF Perth '13 (w/Chilenaitor), ITF Nules '13, ITF Winnipeg '14 (w/Spencer.)
saarsngg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 05:50 AM   #3
country flag Alexj

Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by saarsngg View Post
Hi! Did you watch the JJ-Sveta match? Also, how was Kvitova playing? Thanks
I watched both of those matches full through.

JJ-Sveta: Kuznetsova was a disaster the 1st set. She was always on the defensive and the times she had an opportunity to play offense she missed badly. She left the court after the 1st set to change her outfit the came out firing in the 2nd set. The third could have gone either way, both players were playing well but Sveta went for more and was rewarded for it, and was also ahead the whole set.

Kvitova was very up and down but Govortsova played very well. She put a lot of pressure on Kvitova. Kvitova's movement was awful, she hit a lot of awkward shots because she didn't get close enough to the ball. Govortsova lost for mental reasons, she could have beaten Kvitova so Kvitova will need to step it up if she wants to go far in the draw. Kvitova played very well at net and when she was winning she came up a lot.

I'll do it
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 05:53 AM   #4
country flag saarsngg

saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexj View Post
I watched both of those matches full through.

JJ-Sveta: Kuznetsova was a disaster the 1st set. She was always on the defensive and the times she had an opportunity to play offense she missed badly. She left the court after the 1st set to change her outfit the came out firing in the 2nd set. The third could have gone either way, both players were playing well but Sveta went for more and was rewarded for it, and was also ahead the whole set.

Kvitova was very up and down but Govortsova played very well. She put a lot of pressure on Kvitova. Kvitova's movement was awful, she hit a lot of awkward shots because she didn't get close enough to the ball. Govortsova lost for mental reasons, she could have beaten Kvitova so Kvitova will need to step it up if she wants to go far in the draw. Kvitova played very well at net and when she was winning she came up a lot.
Thanks! Great to have your report since these matches weren't streamed

Titles
PAW: Paris '13, Carlsbad '13, Seoul '13, Osaka '13 & Nurnberg '14
TT Doubles: ITF Perth '13 (w/Chilenaitor), ITF Nules '13, ITF Winnipeg '14 (w/Spencer.)
saarsngg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 06:26 AM   #5
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute

How did Novotna look with Marion?
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 06:29 AM   #6
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

how was sesil's and tsveti's practice session awkward? and explain the huber bitching act pleasee
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 06:34 AM   #7
country flag Sally Todd

Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be there Tues-Wed. Can't wait!

More on Huber please. And on Stephensmania. Did you see any of Burdette's match?
Sally Todd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 06:38 AM   #8
country flag producer88

producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold

What did you mean by Stephens hype is full force?

Does she look to be in great shape?
producer88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #9
country flag Nalby fan

Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the notes. Not that it surprises me,but why was Huber bitching against Dani?
Nalby fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #10
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Was Oudin still there?
GOATdin0931 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #11
country flag Alexj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Feet Under View Post
How did Novotna look with Marion?
Novotna and Marion are such a great team. Marion looked over to her after almost every point and Novotna was really supportive and very motivating. After she won she ran over and gave her a hug and then in her on court interview Bartoli thanked her. She has another new coach too but I forget her name but Bartoli said she's the tough one on her.

During her practice session earlier in the day Novotna had her working on serving then dealing with the return of serve. Bartoli was doing great. From what I heard it seems that Novotna is trying to slightly change Bartoli's technique on her groundstrokes so that she can get as much power by using as little energy as possible.

I'll do it
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #12
country flag Alexj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalby fan View Post
Thanks for the notes. Not that it surprises me,but why was Huber bitching against Dani?
During the 1st set tiebreak a baby cried out while Huber was about to serve. Huber caught the ball, turned around, and glared at the baby. She then double faulted and screamed towards the direction of the baby.

At the beginning of the 2nd set MJMS got to a ball but the umpire said that is was two bounces. Huber went crazy and started yelling at the umpire. The crowd seemed to agree but it was really too close to tell from where I was sitting. It was actually pretty funny because Dani, AMG, and MJMS were all talking to the umpire in Spanish and you could tell Huber had no idea what was being said so she just walked away after a couple minutes.

At 8-4 in the super tiebreak the players switched sides and Dani went to serve. Huber went up to the umpire and said that Dani was deliberately trying to cheat because she had a better serve and that she's tried doing this before in other matches. Dani & AMG seemed confused so they asked the umpire whose turn it was to serve and the umpire took a minute before she said AMG.

The match finished 3 points later and at net Dani tried telling Huber that it was an honest mistake and that they weren't trying to cheat. Huber was not happy. She said "you're only apologizing because you won." and "at least I don;t try to cheat to win." Dani told AMG that she tried to apologize but Huber wouldn't listen and AMG rolled her eyes and threw her hand in the direction of Huber. When Huber was leaving the court she walked by them and had some nasty words for them. MJMS said something to Huber and they left the court.

I'll do it
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #13
country flag Alexj

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
how was sesil's and tsveti's practice session awkward? and explain the huber bitching act pleasee
Sesil and Tsveti had one of the worst practice sessions I've ever seen. They were practicing hitting backhand slices to each other but would miss every other ball. None of their rallies lasted more than 2 shots. It really looked like two club players out there messing around, which was sad for me cause I am a fan of both of them.

I'll do it
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #14
country flag Alexj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Todd View Post
I'll be there Tues-Wed. Can't wait!

More on Huber please. And on Stephensmania. Did you see any of Burdette's match?
Paszek really should have won the 1st set and when she didn't she completely went away in the 2nd. Burdette was streaky in the 1st and in the 2nd I think she knew to just be consistent because Paszek was missing everything.

I'll do it
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #15
country flag Alexj

Quote:
Originally Posted by producer88 View Post
What did you mean by Stephens hype is full force?

Does she look to be in great shape?
Stephens looked to be in great shape. She was having a lot of fun on the practice court too.

By hype in full force I meant it was packed surrounding her practice court. Everyone wanted to see her.

I'll do it