Indian Wells R2: Mallory Burdette (Q) d. Tamira Paszek (23) 7-6, 6-1, welcome to RG! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #31
country flag BillFromRichmond

BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of
Re: Indian Wells R2: Mallory Burdette (Q) d. Tamira Paszek (23) 7-6, 6-1, welcome to

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryAnnAvants#1 View Post
It seems like she's healthy now. It's also obvious that she worked a lot on her fitness during the off-season. Noticeably slimmer than she was at the US Open and has improved her defensive skills.
Good to see. A few of the American players have started getting this message.
BillFromRichmond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 9th, 2013, 03:29 PM   #32
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Indian Wells R2: Mallory Burdette (Q) d. Tamira Paszek (23) 7-6, 6-1, welcome to

I love Tamira.

But how the Fuck is she ranked top 30?

What annoys me more is that she wastes easy opportunities off of grass to get free points.

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #33
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedRic View Post
I wonder what Gibbsy thinks of all of this.
I expect she's looking forward to following Mal's example of a successful pro transition after three years of college.

http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/2013...pro-this-year/
Quote:
After dominating college tennis for the last two years and getting advice from fellow Cardinal Mallory Burdette, who turned pro last year after her stellar summer on tour, Gibbs believes she is ready to handle life on the WTA Tour. “I’ve done what was needed in terms of being confident to leave school,” said Gibbs. “This tournament was instrumental in reasserting that, but I’m feeling confident with my game and think I’m playing at a top 100 level now.”
Gibbs is two years younger than Mallory and it's "90%" she'll turn pro after junior year just like Mallory.

Is the insinuation that Gibbs should regret playing a junior year of college or envy Mallory's success?
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 04:02 PM   #34
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnwerner View Post
Burdette career and results are very random.
Not really. Yes, she was in college until last summer. She did better than even she expected last summer when she tested the waters, she got a pretty sweet US Open draw that led to the 3rd Round, and so decided to turn pro. Then she got hurt and had fairly lousy fall/winter results, but now she's better.

Quote:
Isnt that her 2nd excellent WTA tournament?
Yes, though she also had a top-100 main draw win in her first WTA event at Stanford.

Quote:
Has she any decent results on ITF level?
She won Vancouver 100K in July 2012.

Quote:
I can't remember her in any draw of a WTA international.
Why isn't she playing those tournaments?
Is that all because of college?
WC at Stanford, then this year lost in qualifying first round at Brisbane, Sydney, and Memphis. Also lost the final of the US AO WC playoff to Keys.
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #35
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Mal always had bigger game than Gibbsy, even though I luv Gibbsy Even STAN coach Forood commented on that last summer during Mal's impressive run. And Gibbsy's serve isn't as good as Mal's(In fact Gibbsy's serve is her prime weakness). Mal is also bigger and now runs quite well too. Both boasts variety. Mal won 4 college dbls slams and Gibbsy, 2.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #36
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute

Luvin' Mal!
Jamie Hampton & Danka Kovinić & Sam Crawford & SaiSai Zheng & Tita Tower Flower
Juju Nostalgique is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #37
country flag NYKiriFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Mal always had bigger game than Gibbsy, even though I luv Gibbsy Even STAN coach Forood commented on that last summer during Mal's impressive run. And Gibbsy's serve isn't as good as Mal's(In fact Gibbsy's serve is her prime weakness). Mal is also bigger and now runs quite well too. Both boasts variety. Mal won 4 college dbls slams and Gibbsy, 2.
Sure, there are some things Mal obviously does better, but I don't see the point of constantly comparing the two going forward.

I can already anticipate members here lazily judging Gibbs solely by whether she matches Mal's 3R US Open & IW in her first pro year. That's just silly because it's going be hard for anyone to duplicate Mal's favorable draws in these two events, though all the credit to Mal for taking advantage and winning 1R & 2R convincingly in both events.
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 07:44 PM   #38
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

What a huge win for Mal

RG
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #39
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKiriFan View Post
Sure, there are some things Mal obviously does better, but I don't see the point of constantly comparing the two going forward.

I can already anticipate members here lazily judging Gibbs solely by whether she matches Mal's 3R US Open & IW in her first pro year. That's just silly because it's going be hard for anyone to duplicate Mal's favorable draws in these two events, though all the credit to Mal for taking advantage and winning 1R & 2R convincingly in both events.
You seem to imply that Tamira was an extremely easy opponent, which was not. She didn't play that bad, Mal just played GREAT.

Gibbsy's serve was crushed by Krista Hardebeck not too long ago. I think it was crushed by Lepchenko at WTA Carlsbad last year too.(I was there) And Gibbsy recently lost to Madison Brengle (again, I was there )

Unlike Mal, Gibbsy didn't win the Team NCAA, which practically ALL Stanford players did. Maybe finishing school like Steve Johnson and Maria Sanchez might not be a bad idea. Right now I'm not sure she can beat Sabrina Santamaria, USC sophomore.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote