Indian Wells Tainted? Charlie Pasarell - Only himself to Blame? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2013, 12:48 AM   #31
country flag dany.p

dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of
Re: Indian Wells Tainted? Charlie Pasarell - Only himself to Blame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Garbage article.

Ongoing TWELVE year long taint? Are you kidding me?

And looking by the photo provided - the writer looks a bit pressed

How exactly does this woman looked pressed? She is smiling and as a result looks quite happy.

Would you like to clarify how she looks "pressed"?
Advertisement

Old Mar 9th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #32
country flag dany.p

dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of

How did the wta deal with this issue at the time?
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:01 AM   #33
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

I just watched James Blake win and the crowd cheered mightily for him the whole match. Madison Keyes was cheered last night. Sloane Stevens will be as well. Black people tend to have a paranoia that whenever they are slighted it is because of race. They do and have faced racism, but not every instance of disapproval is due to race. I truly believe the Indian Wells incident had to do with the perceived fixing of their matches by Richard Williams at the time. To deflect that, he insisted it was all about race and therefore no one remembers the context of what was going on at the time, just the perceived racism.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:06 AM   #34
country flag starin

starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercarlos View Post
You call that racism, great for you afterall is the easiest card to go with. But one thing is sure Venus and Serena ARE NOT the only african american tennis players to play that event, and since they have kept the coming back to play the event year by year, there is not really a real indication of what happened in 2001 was racism at all.
this horrible logic . . . .
starin is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:08 AM   #35
country flag starin

starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
I just watched James Blake win and the crowd cheered mightily for him the whole match. Madison Keyes was cheered last night. Sloane Stevens will be as well. Black people tend to have a paranoia that whenever they are slighted it is because of race. They do and have faced racism, but not every instance of disapproval is due to race. I truly believe the Indian Wells incident had to do with the perceived fixing of their matches by Richard Williams at the time. To deflect that, he insisted it was all about race and therefore no one remembers the context of what was going on at the time, just the perceived racism.
i can't . . . .

I love WS IW threads, they always bring out the racist who I can then add to my ignore list.
starin is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:10 AM   #36
country flag gbenga

gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And here comes the Professor of Blackology with his expert opinion on black people's tendencies and paranoia.
gbenga is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:13 AM   #37
country flag Vlover

Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You call that racism, great for you afterall is the easiest card to go with. But one thing is sure Venus and Serena ARE NOT the only african american tennis players to play that event, and since they have kept the coming back to play the event year by year, there is not really a real indication of what happened in 2001 was racism at all.
That is a load of rediculous . Its like the warped argument used that electing Obama as President is proof that racism no longer exists in America. There is no doubt in my mind that if they were two white siblings female or male they would never be treated the way the sisters were treated. Racism was at the root of that incident.
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:16 AM   #38
country flag nemurenai

nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you're not black you're not qualified to say such things. Unless your opinions coincides with ours, it's not your place to speak about it, so shut up.

nemurenai is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #39
country flag PhilePhile

PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
I call what happened unfortunate. I also believe it wouldn't have happened to a white American player. I am forever amazed at the vehement denials by people such as yourself to make all kinds of excuses about why that incident happened. There was no justifiable reason period.

I am not gay, but I have no need to tell a gay person what is or isn't homophobic. Just as I am not a woman and don't have this urge to school women on what is sexism. There is no race card to play. The easiest thing is and always will be for someone to dismiss racism. It happens here all the time and elsewhere. Race, for those who have to deal with it on a daily basis, is a reality, not a fucking card.
Black Like Me

PhilePhile is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:20 AM   #40
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Off-topic but the attendance seems to be way down from last year, no?
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:32 AM   #41
country flag mdterp01

mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemurenai View Post
If you're not black you're not qualified to say such things. Unless your opinions coincides with ours, it's not your place to speak about it, so shut up.

Speak on it!!!!!

Serena Williams Australian Open Champion (03,05,07,09,10)
French Open Champion (02,13)
Wimbledon Champion (02,03,09,10,12)
US Open Champion (99,02,08,12,13)
mdterp01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:33 AM   #42
country flag Vlover

Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
. I truly believe the Indian Wells incident had to do with the perceived fixing of their matches by Richard Williams at the time.
What exactly led to that false perception? Do you think that if the Bryan brothers were as good as the WS in singles there would be any perception that they fixed matches without any evidence? Evidently the sisters being black siblings and winning championships was to good to be true for some.
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:35 AM   #43
country flag mdterp01

mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dont be such a hypocrite, as most of you Williams Sisters Fan would love the event to be suffering consequences because of what happened in 200l1, eg low attendance, top players withdraws, and stuff. Actually the opossite happens, Indian Wells continues to grow up and strong as an event year by year. Deal with that..

Do you really think that if by any case there would be a feeling of harm towards to one comunity (black in this case) in this tournament at all do you think it could be going as it has been going since then..
Ummm...don't speak for me and what I would love. I actually have been to the Indian Wells tournament since that incident. It's a beautiful tournament in a beautiful part of California, but I totally respect the WS decision to continue to boycott the event! Child BYE!!!! I can't with these fools who don't know shit about racism but act like they are experts.

Serena Williams Australian Open Champion (03,05,07,09,10)
French Open Champion (02,13)
Wimbledon Champion (02,03,09,10,12)
US Open Champion (99,02,08,12,13)
mdterp01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:42 AM   #44
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

12 yrs & folks are still bringing up this incident? That's when you know some1 is butt hurt When healthy & motivated, Serena is the gold standard at every mandatory event, her absence sure does hurt the credibility of such an event like IW. However, it's not their fault that it has come down to this ...

The WTA, tournament organizers, pundits, fans, journalists, etc miss the William sisters at this event that's why 12 yrs later they keep bringing up this incident. The 2 sisters are future HoF & legends of the game who have accomplished everything there is in their sport, and are at the twilight of their careers, they don't care or talk about IW, all I hear them talk about is Olympics and grand slams ...they've moved on, so everyone should move on & fucking get over it
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:50 AM   #45
country flag #1SteffiGraf#1

#1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future

Tennis is fine without the WS. Bs article.

WTA can't suckle on Serena's tits forever. Move on already. It's the WS loss by boycotting, imo.
------------------------------------------------------------
Hingis Fan est. 1996
Pova Fan est. 2009
#1SteffiGraf#1 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread