IW Chat Thread - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 12th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #241
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IW Chat Thread

I'm impressed with Errani. I really thought she'd be a one-hit-wonder with that French Open. But she's been a consistent top 10 player for the past year. She fights and scraps for everything on the tennis court even when she knows she's outgunned by the very top players. And being on the number one doubles team has certainly helped her with her singles game.

One thing that does need to be pointed out about the Maria/Azarenka matchup is that Maria's 2 wins against her last year were indoors. And that does matter because we all know how variable weather conditions effect her game considerably compared to many other players. Maria hasn't beaten her outdoors in years and that's something she needs to overcome as soon as possible to build confidence.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 12th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #242
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
I'm impressed with Errani. I really thought she'd be a one-hit-wonder with that French Open. But she's been a consistent top 10 player for the past year. She fights and scraps for everything on the tennis court even when she knows she's outgunned by the very top players. And being on the number one doubles team has certainly helped her with her singles game.

One thing that does need to be pointed out about the Maria/Azarenka matchup is that Maria's 2 wins against her last year were indoors. And that does matter because we all know how variable weather conditions effect her game considerably compared to many other players. Maria hasn't beaten her outdoors in years and that's something she needs to overcome as soon as possible to build confidence.
Everyone hates Errani and think sshe shouldn't be in the Top 10, but she has much better results than most other Top 10 players. For example, in 2012, after Serena, Vika and Maria, she had the best GS results

She had a QF at AO, Final at FO, R3 at Wimbledon and SF at USO. That is great.

IN addition to that she won 4 titles (altho small, but still titles) and had lots of other QFs or better. She had early exits too, but she has been consistent overall.

Also, this year, after a terrible start of the season and everyone prematurely celebrating her exit from the Top 10, she reached the finals of Paris and Dubai and won Accapulco (plus a QF at Doha and at least a QF in IW as well).

I'm not a fan of her game, but I can't hate her because she has worked so hard to get where she is at. Everyone hates her, so I kind of feel sorry
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #243
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissmr View Post
Looks like Fish-Tsonga is going to 3

Been watching some old Maria highlights... Why can't she come to the net like this anymore Such a massive difference in her game, she used to be so confident with drive volleys.
She was the Queen of Drive Volleys. She did them multiple times in every match and they looked so cool, it was like her thing

But she completely stopped doing that
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #244
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
She was the Queen of Drive Volleys. She did them multiple times in every match and they looked so cool, it was like her thing

But she completely stopped doing that
I think Hogstedt has put so much focus onto improving the ground game but he doesn't put that constant emphasis on moving forward like Joyce did. She was Venus-like in that highlights video, she'd hit the massive shot and instinctively charge forward for the drive volley, no hesitation. Hope she can get that back somehow.
swissmr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #245
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I can't find any streams for her match
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #246
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

grigor has a beard now
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #247
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Watching Nole completely relaxed now after that mess of a match from Maria!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #248
country flag PimpMePova

grigor is such a choker
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #249
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Nole isn't even interested in the match.. Grigor was playing well and hit 4 DFs to give the break away, failing to serve out the first set!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #250
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
Nole isn't even interested in the match.. Grigor was playing well and hit 4 DFs to give the break away, failing to serve out the first set!
Obviously spent too much time practising with Maria
swissmr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #251
country flag JoPova

Grigor

Old Mar 12th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #252
country flag PimpMePova

I feel sorry for him poor guy he deserved that set
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #253
country flag JoPova

Nole felt sorry for Grigor and gifted him a point!

Old Mar 12th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #254
country flag JoPova

Grigor has a nice tan! He's probably spending his days by the pool with Maria, sunbathing and sipping cocktails!

Old Mar 12th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #255
country flag JoPova

Nole signed the camera and then wrote 'AUUU' why is everybody writing weird things after winning matches?!