American Spring 2013 - Indian Wells, Miami, Charleston - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 07:17 PM   #91
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: American Spring 2013 - Indian Wells, Miami, Charleston

Old tennis saying: When you are on top of your game, everything seems to go your way.

Sorana really had some good draws this year and she took advantage of them so far. It#s sharping up to be a great season for her.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 07:38 PM   #92
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Indeed she did
I don't want to get over my head, but I want to see a clash with Serena in the quaterfinal
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 07:59 PM   #93
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
Indeed she did
I don't want to get over my head, but I want to see a clash with Serena in the quaterfinal
I don,t! I really hope Serena will retire till then.
grs is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 08:16 PM   #94

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

I don't understand the hype around the actual no.1, really.
Her movement is just slow, she wins only because of that powerful serve and because of her name and bad attitude on and off-court. 80% of her opponents lose the matches with her before they hit the first ball. Sorana one of them, obviously, as in last years's Stanfords semifinal she only took 3 games from SW.
That's how she manages to reach the high stages of tournaments. First rounds byes, then a couple of scared monkeys as opponents and the next thing you know she's in the final.
Even her "friend" and "protegee" Sloane said about her that she's disrespectful, and I'm pretty sure Sloane was being a lady for saying this little about that animal who is capable of threatening with death the line judges and the umpires and then lie about not doing so in front of the crowd.
Was she a good player? No doubt about that, but nowadays she's only an intimidating bully. And the days when she'll lose to whomever aren't that far away.

So yeah, maybe Sorana will lose that one IF she even gets there, but I still want to see that clash. Who knows? Sloane did it, and Sorana beat Sloane in her first match after the AO, so...
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 09:33 PM   #95
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
I don't understand the hype around the actual no.1, really.
You would if Sori was in GOAT-contention.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 09:33 PM   #96
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Common, so you are saying Serena wins just by the fear factor? I don't buy that, sorry. If that's the case Sharapova must be scared to death.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 09:40 PM   #97
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Sori gets Mirjana. Sori's 2-1 against her, including a win on clay in 2011.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 09:42 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
Common, so you are saying Serena wins just by the fear factor? I don't buy that, sorry. If that's the case Sharapova must be scared to death.
80%, yeah.
It is my opinion, I know there aren't many others out there thinking the same, but that doesn't change the way I feel and think about Serena's game. She is slow, she is always late, thank God she has a powerful return that makes the job done so many times.
Of course you can disagree, in fact I'm expecting everyone to disagree, but once again, I have watched a lot of her last matches and this is what I saw: bad attitude and little tricks to put your opponent on a corner.
As for Sharapova, she always had problems playing against Serena. She's not in that 80%.
But hopefully her time will come.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 09:43 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
Sori gets Mirjana. Sori's 2-1 against her, including a win on clay in 2011.
How come? Did Safarova retired? She was supposed to play against Mirjana tomorrow.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 09:46 PM   #100
Tennis Fool

^ Sorry, got ahead of myself
Putintseva #1 player

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 04:39 PM   #101
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

With her victory in Charleston, Sorana will be the 3rd Romanian WTA tennis player to pass the 2 Million Dollar prize money barieer.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 04:42 PM   #102

Great news.
Icecream! Icecream for everyboby!
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 04:52 PM   #103
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

That's good for her. Who are the other two?
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 04:53 PM   #104

Irina Spirlea for sure, and perhaps Ruxandra Dragomir Ilie.
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 04:55 PM   #105

Virginia Ruzici had a more successful career, winning even a Grand Slam final, but in the 70 and 80 the prizes awarded were nothing compared to the money prizes nowadays