American Spring 2013 - Indian Wells, Miami, Charleston - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #76
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: American Spring 2013 - Indian Wells, Miami, Charleston

Strong possibility of breaking into the Top 20 for the first time!
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #77
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

She'll be 25 on Monday, so yeah, it's a possibility, but let's not get carried away, better wait and see how she does in Charleston
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 08:23 PM   #78
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

The important thing for Sorana is definitely to establish a Top 24 kind of ranking at first. It's quite a difference if you have to Play Azarenka or Williams in R3 or Vinci or Stephens (if the latter get that far in the first place).

Top 20 would be a huge achievement, but it's just a made up border after all.
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 02:47 PM   #79

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

After a slow start, Sori broke Malek's serve in the 7th game and won the first set 64
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 03:25 PM   #80

Nice comeback from 2-4, but i'm not please at all with what I saw.
Served for the match at 5-4 and lost that service game to love. She looks frustrated and bored and she struggles against a poor player like Malek. Not so great
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 03:35 PM   #81

Won in the second set tiebreak (7-5), after losing 3 match points, 2 of them on her own serve.
Good thing she won today but I fear for her in the next rounds when she'll face more powerful players.
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 03:41 PM   #82
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Two horrible service games in that second set and a couple of brainfarts. This should have never been that close, but she recovered when she had to.

Also cracked a good amount of winners, but still lost so many points by being insecure on her volleys.
Drop shot and serve were quite effective, though.

However, every straight set win of hers against a lower ranked player is a success. She will step it up in the next rounds.
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 03:42 PM   #83
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
The important thing for Sorana is definitely to establish a Top 24 kind of ranking at first. It's quite a difference if you have to Play Azarenka or Williams in R3 or Vinci or Stephens (if the latter get that far in the first place).

Top 20 would be a huge achievement, but it's just a made up border after all.
Exactly right. 24 is a much more important threshold than 20. Psychologically, top 20 is nice, but practically at the slams, avoiding a top 8 player in rd 3 would be huge.
overrule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 08:41 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
However, every straight set win of hers against a lower ranked player is a success. She will step it up in the next rounds.
She'll have to. Medina is thirsty for revenge, I'm sure!
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 09:18 PM   #85

Medina just finished her match against Rus. she won 62 62, but she left the court in tears and limping, as she hurt her ankle at the last point of the match. Don't know if it's a serious injury, but seems like a good opportunity for Sorana.
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 10:52 PM   #86
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are right about Top 24. Provisionally, she #23 now. Tatjana actually had better stats, but it seems that Sori played better on the big points.

Although she defeated AMG at IW, AMG has the edge on clay. Injury could change this tho.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 06:10 PM   #87
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

I noticed the schedule for Charleston on WTA page says Cirstea vs. Rus or Medina. My take from this is that Medina may not be able to play.
codrutc is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 06:16 PM   #88

It only says that because the schedule was out before the Medina-Rus match was finished.
Medina won, so Cirstea should play Medina shortly. But Medina injured her ankle yesterday, so I don't know if she'll be able to play. If she does play, I hope Sorana will trash her
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 06:16 PM   #89
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
I noticed the schedule for Charleston on WTA page says Cirstea vs. Rus or Medina. My take from this is that Medina may not be able to play.
No. It just means that Rus vs. Medina had not been played when they made the schedule
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 06:50 PM   #90

I was right yesterday, Medina retired, so we're not gonna see Sorana today.

Lucic-Baroni or Safarova next. Both of them beatable