American Spring 2013 - Indian Wells, Miami, Charleston - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 11th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #16
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute
Re: American Spring 2013 - Indian Wells, Miami, Charleston

I've given up on Sorana a long time ago but yeh, one thing I noticed watching a bit of the 1st set was that she was very patient and willing to rallye Has she been doing that a lot recently ? Cause I haven't watched her much in the past months.
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 11th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #17
country flag Skoo

Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of

Yes, she played a lot of long rallies recently (check this out) Plus some variety.
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #18
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
I've given up on Sorana a long time ago but yeh, one thing I noticed watching a bit of the 1st set was that she was very patient and willing to rallye Has she been doing that a lot recently ? Cause I haven't watched her much in the past months.
I don't know, it seems to depend on her mood, but she can rally. I mean she doesn't have an obvious weak spot like Goerges' backhand which wouldn't allow her to do so, even though her foot work isn't the best.
People also seem to forget that the very early Sorana when she started playing on the tour had a much more balanced game, but not that powerful than today. She started smacking the ball, but lost plot on her point construction for a long time.

But still, she has sets, mostly the opening sets against lower ranked players where she is just impatient or not into the match at all and just bashes as hard as possible (see this year against Pliskova, Jabeur, Bratchikova etc.)
However, she is mostly able to turn things around these days which is nice to see.
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #19
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
I've given up on Sorana a long time ago ....
Me too, but I liked what I saw from her yesterday for most of the match but obviously she is not good enough yet. I was getting excited and then it became very frustrating again.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #20
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

R2 in Miami against Parmentier or Qualifier. Couldn't have been much easier to be honest.

Possible R3 against Kerber.
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #21
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

One of the luckiest possible draw for Sorana. Even Kerber in the third round is the best she can get (possible alternatives were Williams, Azarenka, Sharapova, Li, Errani, Radwanska and Kvitova).

Her draw section for a place in QF against Azarenka looks like this

Kerber vs BYE
Schiavone vs Q
Parmentier vs Q
BYE vs Cirstea

Jankovic vs BYE
Duval vs Hlavackova
Zheng vs Shvedova
BYE vs Petrova

She can do it, but she can stop in first round also

Last edited by grs : Mar 18th, 2013 at 05:26 PM.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #22
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

^ Well, she has a BYE, so she will automatically improve on her result from last year.

Really couldn't ask for a better draw.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 06:12 AM   #23
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
^ Well, she has a BYE, so she will automatically improve on her result from last year.
If she'll lost in second round she will got only 5 points.
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 10:38 PM   #24
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

I can't wait for Sorana's match(es) in Miami (I can't believe I just said that ). My feeling is that she is at the peak of her game right now and expect her to advance 2-3 rounds, or at least until she runs into a top 5-10 player.
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 11:24 PM   #25
country flag grs

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
I can't wait for Sorana's match(es) in Miami (I can't believe I just said that ). My feeling is that she is at the peak of her game right now and expect her to advance 2-3 rounds, or at least until she runs into a top 5-10 player.
Right on the second match she will run in a top 8 player
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 07:04 PM   #26
country flag codrutc

What in the world is going on? She's getting blown off the court by Espinosa.
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 07:10 PM   #27
country flag grs

This must be one of those days in which she plays in full BBB mode. 7 DFs till now!
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 07:25 PM   #28
country flag Curcubeu

Sorana's usual I don't give a fuck in opening sets against inferior players attitude - are you still surprised?
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 07:45 PM   #29
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

From 2-6 to 0-2 down, to 2-6 7-5

Putintseva Krunic Kichenoks Pliskovas Kovinic Bencic Vekic Smitkova Svitolina Mladenovic Garcia Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova

Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 07:59 PM   #30
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

*3-1 up in final set - better not choke this one away

Putintseva Krunic Kichenoks Pliskovas Kovinic Bencic Vekic Smitkova Svitolina Mladenovic Garcia Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova

Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote