A mysterious Polish player of the 1930s - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 08:32 PM   #1
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
A mysterious Polish player of the 1930s

I'm hoping someone can help with this one.

A Mlle Sioda was entered in the French Chmps in 1939 but did not play. I suspect she is also ghalf of the mixed team that defaulted in the 2R.

The London Times also reports a Mlle Sioda winning the Coupe de Nations mixed with Czesław Spychala in 1938.

I tried a polish search or two, but came up short. Could her name possibly be Siuda in Polish?
Rollo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 4th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #2
country flag LKK

LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice
Re: A mysterious Polish player of the 1930s

Zofia Sioda. If I remember correctly she didn't manage to get a visa on time, that's why she was not able to take part in the French'39. She was a promising young player and participated in some tournaments on the French Riviera in 1938 and 1939.

This short info looks just like her bio for the Encyclopedia, hehe.

Last edited by LKK : Mar 4th, 2013 at 04:26 PM.
LKK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #3
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A mysterious Polish player of the 1930s

Quote:
Zofia Sioda. If I remember correctly she didn't manage to get a visa on time, that's why she was not able to take part in the French'39. She was a promising young player and participated in some tournaments on the French Riviera in 1938 and 1939.

This short info looks just like her bio for the Encyclopedia, hehe.
Thank you sir.
Rollo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote