Florianopolis F Niculescu def Pouchkova 6-2 4-6 6-4 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:13 AM   #16
country flag plokploky

plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold
Re: Florianopolis F Niculescu def Pouchkova 6-2 4-6 6-4

Every handshake should be like that. Soooo classy.

Happy for monica, and disappointed for olga. She was so close.
All the British girls
plokploky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:14 AM   #17
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

They don't have this ceremony worked out.

Puchkova's English is excellent.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:14 AM   #18
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Delighted for Monica.

First title in her third attempt, first winner in the history of Florianopolis and all that after saving 3 MPs in R1.

Olga raised her level in the second set while Monica folded and reacted with poor errors. In the third set, Puchkova was just too exhausted in the end, while Monica ran everything down and eventually toughed it out.

Back in Top 60 now with barely 100 points to defend until Beijing. Looking really good so far this year.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:15 AM   #19
country flag Blackowl_1

Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all

Olga was in a really great mood in that ceremony speech
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:16 AM   #20
country flag taloki

taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of

Sad for Olga.

Congrats Monica!
taloki is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:16 AM   #21
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

They just leave the champion stranded in the middle of the court!
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:17 AM   #22
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackowl_1 View Post
Olga was in a really great mood in that ceremony speech
Well, she probably wondered how the hell she got into the final, too
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:20 AM   #23
country flag Blackowl_1

Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
Well, she probably wondered how the hell she got into the final, too
Hahahah I can just imagine an interview when she won a 25K last year
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:21 AM   #24
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Niculescu joins the club of players who won a WTA title saving several MPs en route ( R1 against Medina )
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:22 AM   #25
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

GOAT speech from Puchkova, omg.

"Where do I stand?!" And Mariana like dragged her out on the court
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:22 AM   #26
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackowl_1 View Post
Hahahah I can just imagine an interview when she won a 25K last year
What a different a year makes.

Last year, she lost in the first round of a 25K (to MLDB).

This year, she'll be in the qualies of Indian Wells, after coming off her first WTA final since 2006!
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:23 AM   #27
Tennis Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
GOAT speech from Puchkova, omg.
Missing it! Summary?
Putintseva #1 player

Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:26 AM   #28
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
Missing it! Summary?
Besides not knowing where to stand, quote of the year: "I wanna congratulate Monica on her first title; GOOD JOB GURL YAAAAAAY."
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:26 AM   #29
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Wow!!!! I'm so happy And extremely relieved as well.

But first, a big congratulations to Olga. At 6-2 2-0 this looked like it was going to be a complete blowout. Olga did very well to comeback into the match and she really raised her game and forced herself to be more steady. Very admirable, as has all the fighting she had done previously to get to the final had been as well. Olga has done an amazing job resurrecting her career which really did look dead in the water a couple of years ago. Now instead, Olga looks set to maybe stay on the WTA tour for sometime to come. I would be delighted to see Olga win a title somewhere down the road.

As for Monica...well....it wasn't her best match but it was good enough. Monica definitely made more errors than I would have liked but what was good is she stayed cool throughout even when Olga was breathing down her neck playing some very strong tennis. A couple of years ago Monica would have cracked under that pressure, I'm so pleased that is no longer the case today. But really none of that matters, what matters is Monica has won her 1st title today and I am so pleased for her. It is very deserved. And it is great to see her slowly but surely forfilling her potential. She still isn't as good as she will be in a couple more years but, damn, she is moving in the right direction for sure.

Finally lovely award ceremony. Both Monica and Olga seem really sweet girls and they were both very warm with each other. Lovely kind words from Olga congratulating Monica on her 1st title and from Monica to Olga telling her what an amazing player she is and expressing confidence Olga can get back to the top 30. Impossible not to wish the very best to both after seeing that.
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:27 AM   #30
country flag Hantuchov
Team WTAworld

Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really happy for Monica !!
She's such a sweet girl and really deserved to win her first title!

But Olga also has a great personality and I hope she takes a title this season. Hopefully she'll keep the same level of play in the next tournaments.

Greatest speech EVER from Olga in the ceremony!
Hantuchov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote