Ilka Csoregi - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 08:15 PM   #1
country flag Losing Streak
Only Pova that matters~

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Ilka Csoregi

I think she deserves her own thread as she's a good junior player, and she's started to make waves this week on the pro tour.

Ilka is still 16, she was born on April 12, 1996 in Cluj Napoca in Romania.

She's currently ranked 30 in juniors (with a CHR of 13), and just outside Top 1000 on the WTA for the moment She got her 1st ranking last year after she played her first 3 pro tournaments, 3 Antalya 10Ks, last December, and reached the QF of the 1st one. Last year she got wins over Mironova, Ramialison, Curovic and Grymalska

She had quite a slow start this year: she started her season with 2 junior tournaments, G1 Loy Yang Power Traralgon International & (GA) Australian Open, and lost in 1st round in both (to Kimberly Birrell and Elizaveta Kulichkova respectively). Then she stayed in Australia to try 25K Burnie and 25K Launceston qualies and lost her 1st match everytime.

She got her shit together this week, reaching the SFs in 10K Sharm-El-Sheikh as a qualifier. She beat (Q)Thongsing in R1, (6)Prislan in R2, (Q)Veselinovic in QF, all in 2 sets (even giving Prislan a bagel), before losing in SF to (4)Furlanetto 3 & 0.

She'll be back at it next week in Sharm-El-Sheikh again, this time she's in MD directly (she's the last entry ). GL!

Kichenoks Sasnovich Kremen Pervak Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mladenovic Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:35 AM   #2
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ilka Csoregi

I got very excited about Ilka at the beginning, so much so that I decided to join this forum. In the meantime I realized that she has a long way to go to make it in the Pros. I really hope she is successful in the future to get me excited about her game again.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 06:42 AM   #3
Only Pova that matters~

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Some AO pics - dubs with Ivana Jorovic

Kichenoks Sasnovich Kremen Pervak Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mladenovic Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova

Last edited by Losing Streak : Mar 6th, 2013 at 06:51 AM.
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 06:54 AM   #4
Only Pova that matters~

Old Mar 6th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #5
Only Pova that matters~

Well she beat (4)Wannasuk 6-0 4-6 7-6(8) in R1 that's a good win

Old Mar 6th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #6
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Yes, that was good win against a 23 year old player. Who is she playing next? I saw conflicting reports on 2 different sites.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #7
Only Pova that matters~

I think it's (WC)Perez Rojas

Old Mar 8th, 2013, 08:52 AM   #8
Only Pova that matters~

She beat Perez Rojas 3-3 ret.

Now, another test, QF. vs (7)Daria Mironova

Old Mar 8th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #9
Only Pova that matters~

She lost 6-3 3-6 1-6

A good week eventually!

Old Mar 9th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #10
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

On March 18th, when the new WTA rankings will be out, Ilka will be ranked between 852 and 855 (actual ranking: 1068), after the quaterfinal show in Sharm el Sheikh

Well done, Ilka! Hope you'll make the top 500 shortly after!
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #11
Only Pova that matters~

Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #12

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Beautiful and talented Ilka in a television appearance back in 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaOY6OuDGoo
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #13
Only Pova that matters~

Thank you! (and welcome, btw! )

Do you know if she has Hungarian origins? For some reason, her name sounds quite Hungarian to me, but I have no clue in Hungarian nor in Romanian

Old Mar 9th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #14

Thanks!

She is originally from Cluj-Napoca, which is located in Romania (rather close with the Hungarian border) and has a big community of Hungarians. Her name is definitely Hungarian, but she is a Romanian (perhaps of Hungarian heritage and origins).
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #15
Only Pova that matters~

Thank you for your answer, that's exactly what I thought