Errani Has 97% First Serves versus Cornet - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 04:24 AM   #1
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Errani Has 97% First Serves versus Cornet

For the match, she made 97% of her first serves. The first set was 100%. Say what you want about vulturing (even though she's defending her title) this tournament and her gamestyle but those numbers are very impressive!

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 04:41 AM   #2
country flag Chichi GOAT

Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of
Re: Errani Has 97% First Serves versus Cornet

Brace yourselves, comments similar to "with that weak serve there is nothing impressive about those numbers" are coming

Anyway I agree, props for that. At least she tries to be consistent!
Chichi GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 05:04 AM   #3
country flag Herbert

Herbert has much to be proud of Herbert has much to be proud of Herbert has much to be proud of Herbert has much to be proud of Herbert has much to be proud of Herbert has much to be proud of Herbert has much to be proud of Herbert has much to be proud of Herbert has much to be proud of Herbert has much to be proud of Herbert has much to be proud of

Quite probably indeed played the first serve like a 2nd serve because she knew that there's nothing at all to be afraid of with Cornet's return.

Still, as we all know even trying to place 85kph serves in the middle of the box can be problematic for some WTA players. Not so for our miniature italian and she deserves massive credit for that.
Herbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 05:21 AM   #4
country flag pancake

pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute

If I remember correctly, her 1st serve in % is always the highest one among current players. So good for her, considering that her 1st serve is already not strong, she really doesn't want to hit an even weaker serve for her opponents to attack.
pancake is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 05:33 AM   #5
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Even if the serve is weak, that's incredibly impressive to be so consistent… most WTA players struggle to get second serves in . She still won the majority of the first serve points too and the one second serve point she had to play .

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 05:42 AM   #6
country flag Herbert

Herbert has much to be proud of Herbert has much to be proud of Herbert has much to be proud of Herbert has much to be proud of Herbert has much to be proud of Herbert has much to be proud of Herbert has much to be proud of Herbert has much to be proud of Herbert has much to be proud of Herbert has much to be proud of Herbert has much to be proud of

True, I always thought she was around 75% 1st serves usually, which is of course really high already, but she's had quite a few matches in which she served at 85 or more this season on hard courts already.

Still, surely in a single tournament she can't serve 94% twice in earlier rounds and now today 97% without taking anything off at all, right? If the statskeepers do their jobs....
Herbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 07:24 AM   #7
Cookiecrusher

Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future

Yeah I mean Errani always has those crazy high first serve percentages, it's amazing.

Djokovic Wawrinka Gasquet del Potro

Also good luck to Jankovic, Vesnina, Stosur, Pennetta, Kerber and Halep
Cookiecrusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 07:28 AM   #8
deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

Are those serves weaker than ever? This high serve percentage only reminds me Cohen's serve...
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 08:50 AM   #9
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Serena got 100% of first serves in during the 2nd set of her 2001 USO match against Hingis. When you consider the flatness and overall rackethead speed of Serena's serve, that's a much better accomplishment than just consistently spinning in serves
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 09:28 AM   #10
country flag ToopsTame

ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[le]y. View Post
Serena got 100% of first serves in during the 2nd set of her 2001 USO match against Hingis. When you consider the flatness and overall rackethead speed of Serena's serve, that's a much better accomplishment than just consistently spinning in serves
You idiot.
ToopsTame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 09:30 AM   #11
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

And not one above 90mph I'd wager.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 10:03 AM   #12
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

So what? She would not win a single game even with such a high percentage against Sharapova, Serena or Vika.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 10:04 AM   #13
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

not really impressed till last year she served always around 75/80% but this year she's always over 90% and this means she's not even trying anymore to put a decent serve in
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 10:09 AM   #14
country flag adner

adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSzávay View Post
For the match, she made 97% of her first serves. The first set was 100%. Say what you want about vulturing (even though she's defending her title) this tournament and her gamestyle but those numbers are very impressive!
Players who don't serve doublefaults usually put their 2nd serves in 100% of times too. Soo impressive, considering the similar speed and threat level. And them being the 2nd serves instead of 1st make more pressure, too.
adner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 10:10 AM   #15
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

The facts that she served 97% and broken 3 times and only won 57 percent of those 97% says a lot about her serve. It's a spin serve in the middle of the box. And barely do you find players that hits a spin serve in the middle of the box, if she misses that serve that is embarrassing.
dencod16 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote