Florianopolis SF: Puchkova def (1) V.Williams 4-6 6-4 7-5 - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 11:26 AM   #91
country flag *O.R*

*O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Florianopolis SF: Puchkova def (1) V.Williams 4-6 6-4 7-5

I'm upset for Venus, as I've always enjoyed her game.

I'm delighted for Olga though. She has possibly the most beautiful groundstrokes on the tour imo. (although her serve is so inconsistent)

Please win the title.

Petrova _ Stosur _ Kuznetsova _ Kanepi _ Rybarikova _ Makarova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Sharapova _ Vesnina _ Hantuchova _ Flipkens _ Jankovic _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Lucic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Hercog _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele
*O.R* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 11:46 AM   #92
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh, this is heartbreaking. Caught only a glimpse or two of the match in the first set and even though Vee was winning it looked kinda tragic plus she was clearly in pain. Unfortunately, it is getting more & more obvious that her body is giving up on her; I seriously doubt that she will actually make it to Rio, despite all of her declarations that she intends so. I admire Venus's refusal to give up and to keep going in spite of all this tremendous setbacks , however, how much fun is she getting out of playing in pain/playing her F level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankqq View Post
I only caught the last few games...how long was Venus' back bothering her? Her serves were so weak and she was walking so slowly between points. She kept it classy and didn't retire though. Puchkova, unlike certain other players and to her credit, didn't have a wild, over-the-top celebration when she won. Niculescu should win the title.
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 12:22 PM   #93
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

wow Maria keeps pressing haters even in this thread
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 12:48 PM   #94
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Really Vee? against Puchkova
Nina. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 12:58 PM   #95
Richie's

Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute

Puchy result!
Make them yours only from 30 E.
SPY+, POLICE, RAY BAN, OAKLEY, AERO, R2
always authentic. always sunnies. always yours!

Richie's is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 12:59 PM   #96
Cookiecrusher

Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future

What happened? Some posts were deleted?

Djokovic Wawrinka Gasquet del Potro

Also good luck to Jankovic, Vesnina, Stosur, Pennetta, Kerber and Halep
Cookiecrusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 01:01 PM   #97
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

Back injuries and tennis players usually spells disaster as so many have been forced to retire with back issues
I pray she can overcome this
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 01:08 PM   #98
country flag SerenaMJ

SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemWilliamsGulls View Post
I still can't understand why Venus set herself up for failure when she knows that she's really not in good health as she use to be, has injuries, age, and still struggles mentally. I understand she does not want to retire but her body is telling her..."LOOK, its time to go on ahead and GO ON AHEAD". When she starts losing to people like Puchkova (people we barely know) and being punished from top players like Sharapova did to her at the AO....the writings are on the wall. She's done us proud...already...she should really consider retiring or just play doubles with her sister.
I would say NO to this as well. Their last match at the AO is self explanatory... Greatest f**ery from Venus I've ever seen.

My Twitter Serena followed me on 13/12/2013
SerenaMJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 01:08 PM   #99
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't understand why people get so indignant about Venus possibly retiring. I'm a huge, huge fan, but who wants to see her losing to journeywomen, whilst grimacing and looking distinctly past her prime? Obviously her fight and dedication to the game is commendable, even inspiring, but it's so so sad seeing Venus like this. Unable to serve and immobile.

Venus is a champion, and would be a huge loss to the sport, but everything ends. I'd rather see Venus retire healthy, and competitive at the elite level than trawling from MM to MM looking progressively weaker and physically unable to replicate her best form.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 01:28 PM   #100
country flag F4CU

F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of

venus
Doubles Titles: WTA Stanford´13(w/Martn7) ITF Merida´13(w/*Jean*) ITF Andrezieux´14(w/*Jean*)
Results:S: SF AO´13 SF Rome´13 D: F Cincinnati´13
F4CU is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 01:34 PM   #101
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post
I really don't understand why people get so indignant about Venus possibly retiring. I'm a huge, huge fan, but who wants to see her losing to journeywomen, whilst grimacing and looking distinctly past her prime? Obviously her fight and dedication to the game is commendable, even inspiring, but it's so so sad seeing Venus like this. Unable to serve and immobile.

Venus is a champion, and would be a huge loss to the sport, but everything ends. I'd rather see Venus retire healthy, and competitive at the elite level than trawling from MM to MM looking progressively weaker and physically unable to replicate her best form.
i agree with you
sad to see Venus losing such matches
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 04:05 PM   #102
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Хлоэ View Post
i agree with you
sad to see Venus losing such matches
It's so conflicting to watch these matches from her. One the one hand, the fact she's still trying possibly speaks to how much she loves the game and wants to keep going which you have to admire, but the hot messes she/her body forces her to produce say she should find something new.