Florianopolis SF Niculescu destroys (7) Mladenovic 6-0 6-2 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 12:34 AM   #31
country flag Darop.

Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Florianopolis SF Niculescu destroys (7) Mladenovic 6-0 6-2

Genius breakdown of Mladenovic's game.

Darop. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 12:35 AM   #32
country flag Darop.

Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15 View Post
Watching Niculescu is like watching art cinema with subtitles after you've been watching Hollywood Blockbusters all week.

Keep winning.
This is such an awesome analogy, I love it

Darop. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 12:44 AM   #33
MakarovaFan

MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
This put things in a more real perspective. Mladenovic beat in Paris a headcase like Georges and a totally passive unconcerned Petra who almost didn't blink in the whole match. After that, the usual with all the WTA "hypes": inconsistency a go-go; one dimensional senseless ball bashing; total inability to build up on the momentum. Nothing new.
How so?? Her two events since Paris: Quarters and Semis!! If that isn't consistent for a player, yet alone a teenager, then what is?

In fact to elaborate, here are Mladenovic's TOUR results since last AUGUST:
USO(GS) 3rd
Quebec(Int.) SF
Taipei(CS) W
Melbourne(GS) 2rd(loss to Stepehens who made Semis)
Paris Ind(Premier) SF
Memphis(Int.) QF
Florianopolis(Int.) SF
And if you wanna be technical, there were 3 bad ITF losses,in a row, after Quebec........but that is the EPITOME of consistency!
New Breed: Maria,Anastasia Myskina,Nicole,Ana,Tatiana Golovin,Jelena J,Iveta Benesova,Olga Poutchkova,Camille Pin,Maria Kirilenko,Alonya Bondarenko,Meilen Tu,Sania Mirza,Rezai,Ashley H,Tataina Poutchek,Sandra Kloesel,Klara Z,Mirjana Lucic,Dominka Cibulkova,Emauelle Gagliardi,Jelena Kostanic,Iroda,Martina Sucha,Raluca Olaru,Kveta,Marta D,Bethanie,Bychkova

Lilia Osterloh,Viktoriya Kutuzova,Yurika Sema,Anastasia Pivavrova(?),Stanislava Hrozenska,Marie-Eve,Zsofia,Angelika Roesch,Sunitha Rao,Anne Keothavang,Olivia Sanchez,Angela Haynes,Alex S,Jelena Dokic,Rosana De Los Rios,Kristina Brandi,Eva Fislova,Lindsay Lee

Elena Makarova,Anna K, Capriati,Lindsay,Henrieta Nagyova,Anca Barna,Petra Mandula,Jana Kandarr,

Last edited by MakarovaFan : Mar 2nd, 2013 at 12:53 AM.
MakarovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 02:23 AM   #34
country flag njnetswill

njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute

Monica revealing the one-dimensional nature of how the young players are taught to play, once again
njnetswill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 08:26 AM   #35
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakarovaFan View Post
How so?? Her two events since Paris: Quarters and Semis!! If that isn't consistent for a player, yet alone a teenager, then what is?

In fact to elaborate, here are Mladenovic's TOUR results since last AUGUST:
USO(GS) 3rd
Quebec(Int.) SF
Taipei(CS) W
Melbourne(GS) 2rd(loss to Stepehens who made Semis)
Paris Ind(Premier) SF
Memphis(Int.) QF
Florianopolis(Int.) SF
And if you wanna be technical, there were 3 bad ITF losses,in a row, after Quebec........but that is the EPITOME of consistency!
All those results that you mention won't get her into the top 20. Losing 0 and 2 to someone like Niculescu isn't exactly promising; and I was talking about the hype after her Paris SF, when many in this forum were seeing her as a top 20 player, even this year. I was far form impressed after watching her, so I stand to every word I said. If she improves, consolidates her game, and finally makes it, it's all right to me; I am just giving my opinion, that's all. But for now, all I see in her are promises that may or may not come to happen, not facts.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 08:33 AM   #36
country flag doujyr

doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnetswill View Post
Monica revealing the one-dimensional nature of how the young players are taught to play, once again
reminded me of Mara Santangelo bagelling a hapless Woz at Wimbledon
doujyr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 08:38 AM   #37
country flag Passierschlag

Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light

I like Niculescu quite a lot. Her game is different, that's why I said in another forum that even Steffi Graf would have found it hard to beat her.
Passierschlag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 01:05 PM   #38
country flag Aariel

Aariel is a name known to all Aariel is a name known to all Aariel is a name known to all Aariel is a name known to all Aariel is a name known to all Aariel is a name known to all Aariel is a name known to all Aariel is a name known to all Aariel is a name known to all Aariel is a name known to all Aariel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
All those results that you mention won't get her into the top 20. Losing 0 and 2 to someone like Niculescu isn't exactly promising; and I was talking about the hype after her Paris SF, when many in this forum were seeing her as a top 20 player, even this year. I was far form impressed after watching her, so I stand to every word I said. If she improves, consolidates her game, and finally makes it, it's all right to me; I am just giving my opinion, that's all. But for now, all I see in her are promises that may or may not come to happen, not facts.
Well yeah she might not make the top 20 with these kind of results (though she could get mighty close), but that's not what your first post was about. you said "inconsistency a go-go". This is her first loss to a player ranked (slightly) lower than her since some some random itfs last autumn, and she has gained a hundred ranking spots in that period. All of this against a tricky player, after playing almost every week for the last months and arriving late in this tournament after a 24h flight having lost her luggage and not being able to train. However you look at it that's not "inconsistency a go-go".

Last edited by Aariel : Mar 2nd, 2013 at 01:12 PM.
Aariel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 01:28 PM   #39
country flag F4CU

F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of

monica
Doubles Titles: WTA Stanford´13(w/Martn7) ITF Merida´13(w/*Jean*) ITF Andrezieux´14(w/*Jean*) WTA New Haven´14(w/Kirilenko-Fan) Suzhou '14 (w/Milan.)
F4CU is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 01:38 PM   #40
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aariel View Post
Well yeah she might not make the top 20 with these kind of results (though she could get mighty close), but that's not what your first post was about. you said "inconsistency a go-go". This is her first loss to a player ranked (slightly) lower than her since some some random itfs last autumn, and she has gained a hundred ranking spots in that period. All of this against a tricky player, after playing almost every week for the last months and arriving late in this tournament after a 24h flight having lost her luggage and not being able to train. However you look at it that's not "inconsistency a go-go".
Inconsistency in following up the good results of a premier tournament, and building up on the momentum. Inconsistency of many young players that through the years, fail to follow up the hype and/or their expectations. It's happened many times before. That's what I meant.
But again, it's OK if I am wrong and she consolidates into a good top 20 player. I'll be happy for her. It's not like I have a fave, or hate her, or shit like that.
Just different opinions, that's all. And BTW, I am not the only one.

Last edited by Cindy and Kate : Mar 2nd, 2013 at 01:50 PM.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 01:44 PM   #41
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doujyr View Post
the way babos and now mladenovic were totally messed up by Monica makes me despair for the future of tennis. imagine if Patty Schnyder played these youngsters?
Schooling youngsters was pretty much all that Batty Patty could do in her later career.
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 01:52 PM   #42
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darop. View Post
Genius breakdown
It's just junk thrown in at random, let's not kid ourselves.

Junkulescu's considerable retrieving skills earn her way more points than all those fug slice FHs.
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 02:32 PM   #43
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
It's just junk thrown in at random, let's not kid ourselves.

Junkulescu's considerable retrieving skills earn her way more points than all those fug slice FHs.
You really would love to believe that. Fact is her sliced forehand causes massive problems for some players but not others. Against a Safarova it is a killer whereas against a player like AMG or Schiavone it can be effective as a defensive shot but it doesn't tend to produce anything like as many errors from her opponent.

But one of the biggest factors in how Monica will do in any match is always how well her opponent deals with the spin Monica puts on her shots. If that opponent does deal with her slice well, Monica does have other skills which can help her, she is good at the net, her backhand can be hit with moderate power, and yeah, she does retrieve well, not only getting the ball back but often getting it back in awkward positions. But it is her slice that really does turn her younger opponents especially into jelly. And when that shot is producing errors from her opponent, her job becomes a hell of a lot easier.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Mar 2nd, 2013 at 02:52 PM.
Shvedbarilescu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 02:47 PM   #44
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 03:09 PM   #45
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute

Nics

Win it all!
Jamie Hampton & Danka Kovinić & Sam Crawford & SaiSai Zheng & Tita Tower Flower
Juju Nostalgique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote