Who would win in RG final: Errani vs Schiavone? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who would win in RG final: Errani vs Schiavone?

Errani 18 29.51%
Schiavone 43 70.49%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 28th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #1
country flag kusiak

kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of
Who would win in RG final: Errani vs Schiavone?

We know that both made it to the final of RG. Schiavone won but i think Errani had tougher oponent especcially if we talk about mental toughness. Both have similar style of playing. Both could run, run, and run and play solid tenis on clay. I think if they met in that final when Schiavone was at her peak and Errani with her last year's clay form it would be very close and intriguing. Who do you think would win?

AGA - FUTURE SLAM CHAMP AND WORLD NUMBER ONE

SERENA WILLIAMS - GOAT
kusiak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 28th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #2
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of
Re: Who would win in RG final: Errani vs Schiavone?

Schiavone at her peak, definitely. Errani does nothing with the ball, whereas Fran sets up points really well.

As the old saying goes in any sport really not just tennis, offense always wins against defense when it is at their peak.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #3
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Misread. Fran would have won at peak. Sara now of course.
StoneRose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #4
country flag kusiak

kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Schiavone at her peak, definitely. Errani does nothing with the ball, whereas Fran sets up points really well.

As the old saying goes in any sport really not just tennis, offense always wins against defense when it is at their peak.
That's right but I think Errani could be aggressive on clay against Schiavone. It's impossible against Maria for example cause she plays too fast and flat. And Schiavone plays similar to Errani but with a little bit better depth especcially on forehand.

AGA - FUTURE SLAM CHAMP AND WORLD NUMBER ONE

SERENA WILLIAMS - GOAT
kusiak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #5
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Peak Fran was fierce but I will go with Peak Errani
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #6
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

in 2011 when Errani wasn't a top player and Schiavone reached RG Final they played on clay and Franceska won in 3 sets.... Sara from 2012 (her game improved immensly since 2011) might have won in 3 sets

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #7
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Peak Fransexa would beat Peak Sara on red clay in 3 sets, IMO
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 12:38 PM   #8
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
Misread. Fran would have won at peak. Sara now of course.
This.
Peak Schiavone was a much more resourceful player than Errani will ever be, with such a wide range in all her shots: slices, topspin, dropshots, great hands at the net.... she probably would find the way to slowly erode Errani's consistency.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #9
country flag Kasey

Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute

Neither
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #10
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Errani, Went for her as younger and fitter really. Its a hard one to call. Could say Schiavone because more experience. Could be an interesting match. Not that it would ever happen now or certainly not likely to.
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #11
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

i think Peak Sara because she's a wall and Sexa's tennis is not based on outhitting her opponents
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #12
country flag F4CU

F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of

fran
Doubles Titles: WTA Stanford´13(w/Martn7) ITF Merida´13(w/*Jean*) ITF Andrezieux´14(w/*Jean*) WTA New Haven´14(w/Kirilenko-Fan) Suzhou '14 (w/Milan.)
F4CU is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #13
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlicznie View Post
Neither
lol.

i voted errani.
HRHoliviasmith is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #14
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
This.
Peak Schiavone was a much more resourceful player than Errani will ever be, with such a wide range in all her shots: slices, topspin, dropshots, great hands at the net.... she probably would find the way to slowly erode Errani's consistency.
Schiavone
crescentmoon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #15
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis would lose for good... It would retire forever...
Jamie Hampton & Danka Kovinić & Sam Crawford & SaiSai Zheng & Tita Tower Flower
Juju Nostalgique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote