Tennis player swings with fist - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 1st, 2009, 11:05 PM   #16
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis player swings with fist

Quote:
Don't forget Yulia Maleeva v an Australian journalist at the Federation Cup, while her two daughters were playing a deciding set on court, which they promptly lost.
Do tell more Sumarov! Didn't she also have a tiff one year when Manuela was a junior? That may have ended in Manuela quitting he rmatch-I think it was in the Orange Bowl.
Rollo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 4th, 2009, 01:19 PM   #17
country flag hingis-seles

hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Here is tiny little Aussem walking on court with Hilde Krahwinkel (later Sperling). Hilde was near or over 6 feet.

This 1931 Wimbledon final was famous for being so boring some spectators walked out. Both women played "safe" as they each had blisters so bad they could hardly walk. Aussem won-while Sperling had to wait until 1935 to win a slam.

Caption: Hingis and Davenport walking out on court.
Old Mar 15th, 2009, 05:44 PM   #18
country flag Sumarokov-Elston

Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Do tell more Sumarov! Didn't she also have a tiff one year when Manuela was a junior? That may have ended in Manuela quitting he rmatch-I think it was in the Orange Bowl.
I forgot about that one! Yes, I think it was in the final of the Orange Bowl, when Manuela was playing possibly Darling Carling, and Ma Maleeva got all worked up because she thought the calls were all going against her daughter, but I would need to check to be sure.

I don't think anyone knew why she set about that journalist - she just seemed to plough into the stands and start laying into him! Maybe she suspected him of being a member of the Bulgarian Communist Party (besides raising three daughters with the sole aim of beating Martina after her own loss to Martina once, she was very active in the pro-democracy movement in Bulgaria in the late 1980s).
Sumarokov-Elston is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 10:26 PM   #19
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a youtube clip of the 1931 Wimbledon final between Aussem and Krahwinkel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_TW5...eature=related
Rollo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #20
country flag Ms. Anthropic

Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all

http://www.sportschau.de/weitere/ten...osition-0.html
Ms. Anthropic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote