"Say what's on your mind" thread - rant, complain, celebrate or whatever - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 13th, 2014, 08:12 AM   #196
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Say what's on your mind" thread - rant, complain, celebrate or whatever

Amazing day for Croatian players!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 13th, 2014, 11:06 AM   #197
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
Indeed. 4 of our girls played and won a grand total of nine (9) games.

Ajla still to play tomorrow morning, perhaps she can reduce the damage...
Svizac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 01:41 PM   #198
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
Same thoughts...
Honestly, there is nothing to be "rejected" to Ana Konjuh who played her first MD grand slam match and against world number 4. And just before her operation. I just can't image what was in her head. She is just 16, she is nominally kid.
If you ask me, there can be very little "rejected" to Mirjana Lucic Baroni. She had difficult opponent too.
Petra Martic loss doesn't surprise me but the score...she touched her new down with this...Anicka Beck is really good player but she is not Serena Williams...I'm really sad that career of Petra Martic turned in completely wrong direction after that RG R4...
And for the end biggest disappointment...Donna Vekic...even Mrdeza almost taken out Hradecka... Simply, everything seemed well with this girl from beginning but since Birmingham (and it is very long period) she is really bad... It is not that she didn't win but if you ask me, even though she won most games out of all our girls, her loss is by far the worst cause it was easiest draw so far. Now, her rank will drop a lot, oh well...she wanted to be top 50 by the end of last year. Well, for beginning of this she will be out of top 100...From this perspective, I'm so sorry that Ana Konjuh didn't draw Donna cause I guess it would be very nice chance for her to win MD match at grand slam...and at least we would have one girl in R2 if nothing...

Best of luck to Ajla tomorrow!
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 07:01 PM   #199
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

agreed with everything said above. ana we can forgive, but otherwise i think this was the worst day for our women's tennis, ever.
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 07:47 PM   #200
country flag Greco

Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold

WTA Live ranking

70. Ajla Tomljanovic 836 (-3)
103. Petra Martic 613 (+6)
105. Mirjana Lucic 612 (+6)
107. Donna Vekic 606 (-13)
194. Tereza Mrdeža 308 (-16)
198. Ana Vrljic 300 (+19)
204. Ana Konjuh 285 (+36)

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 01:09 PM   #201
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

This has to have been the worst AO ever from our perspective. Ajla was the only bright spot, but she choked again
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 03:02 PM   #202
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
This has to have been the worst AO ever from our perspective. Ajla was the only bright spot, but she choked again
I wouldn't agree with you. Ok, our players maybe flopped but we have 5 players in grand slam MD! That is really respectful for small county as Croatia is. We had much worse times when we almost did not have players in MD. But yet, if you ask me, only one who truly dissapointed is Petra Martic.
Reasons?
Ajla - best preformance, unforutnately choke
Ana - loss to inform 4th on the world, really can't be much rejected
Miki - oh well, she is around top 100 for quite long time, you can't expect her then to beat top 15 player
Donna - she explained her loss with long term progress and let's say we believe to her

Petra - she should loss but double bagel against non seeded player is really something should worry about her...
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 09:18 PM   #203
country flag croat123

i guess i was referring to worst overall for both men and women. cilic's ridiculous choke (that top's ajla's by a mile) and dodig's retirement after he was cruising really seal it for me
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 11:16 PM   #204
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
i guess i was referring to worst overall for both men and women. cilic's ridiculous choke (that top's ajla's by a mile) and dodig's retirement after he was cruising really seal it for me
Plus Croatia's top active juniors, Fett and, on the boys' side, Serdarusic, both lost in R1 of singles at the pre-AO G1.

In doubles, Serdarusic also lost in R1; Fett made it as far as R2--but only by a walkover in R1.

networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 10:00 AM   #205
country flag volume3d

volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Plus Croatia's top active juniors, Fett and, on the boys' side, Serdarusic, both lost in R1 of singles at the pre-AO G1.

In doubles, Serdarusic also lost in R1; Fett made it as far as R2--but only by a walkover in R1.

no surprise there, I played on court next to her 2 weeks ago...she's nothing special

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 12:59 PM   #206
country flag croat123

We're a doubles nation it seems. Except for poor Donna who just can't win
Old Jan 21st, 2014, 02:32 AM   #207
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by volume3d View Post
no surprise there, I played on court next to her 2 weeks ago...she's nothing special

In AO R2, Jana Fett beat the #5 seed and world #12, Shilin Xu.
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 04:32 AM   #208
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by volume3d View Post
Jana now into the AO SF
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 07:01 PM   #209
country flag Hele.

I'm a little bit panic person by myself and what's happening with Ana's operation?????
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 08:09 AM   #210
country flag volume3d

volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Jana now into the AO SF
Slay Jana!

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote