OMG...Players DO read TF - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 04:39 AM   #1
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold
OMG...Players DO read TF

I know this has been speculated in the past...but Courtney Nguyen confirms in the latest No Challenges Remaining podcast that a lot of players, especially the younger ones, DO, in fact come onto TF and read stuff about themselves...

http://nochallengesremaining.podbean.com/

scroll to about 00:26:50

i was completely shocked when I heard TF being mentioned!!! i really didn't think any journalists paid attention to TF, let alone, players! With that said, def should try to be considerate and mindful of what's being posted...especially about the younger players...
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 04:41 AM   #2
country flag Alarmed

Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future
Re: OMG...Players DO read TF

Pretty stupid of them.

And it's no secret many "journalists" get a lot of their information from TF.

Oldest #1 in WTA history
Alarmed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 04:43 AM   #3
country flag King Kong Barbie

King Kong Barbie is just really nice King Kong Barbie is just really nice King Kong Barbie is just really nice King Kong Barbie is just really nice King Kong Barbie is just really nice King Kong Barbie is just really nice King Kong Barbie is just really nice King Kong Barbie is just really nice King Kong Barbie is just really nice King Kong Barbie is just really nice King Kong Barbie is just really nice

How is this surprising that some of the younger more inexperienced players may look themselves up on Google or whatever and find a topic about them here?

If they have any good sense they'll know to avoid this site after reading some of the more idiotic posts.
King Kong Barbie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 04:47 AM   #4
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kong Barbie View Post
How is this surprising that some of the younger more inexperienced players may look themselves up on Google or whatever and find a topic about them here?

If they have any good sense they'll know to avoid this site after reading some of the more idiotic posts.
that's true, but i guess i'm just surprised that TF is this known entity that players, journalists, media, etc. actually know about...just assumed that they wouldn't really give it much attention...
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 04:48 AM   #5
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

We kind of knew younger ones had an idea considering Coco and Jamie used to post here.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 04:50 AM   #6
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

What a waste of time, TF's full of !&$%#@, No wonder most of them are flopping left right & centre because they take stuff seriously & it gets inside their head
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 04:53 AM   #7
country flag Vaidisova

Vaidisova has disabled reputation

Not that surprising to me
Vaidisova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 04:56 AM   #8
country flag Trickle
Cetkovstan

Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute

It's not surprising considering there are players who used to be active members of the forum (e.g. Jamie Hampton). I mean, if a player was to google their own name, there's a good chance a thread on TF is most likely to pop up in the first page.

Dinara Safina has stated that she has browsed her player's forum only to end up reading her own fans bitching about her.

Last edited by Trickle : Mar 23rd, 2013 at 02:54 AM.
Trickle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 04:57 AM   #9
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Ok let's all be more respectful from now on
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 05:00 AM   #10
country flag Sad Girl

Sad Girl is a splendid one to behold Sad Girl is a splendid one to behold Sad Girl is a splendid one to behold Sad Girl is a splendid one to behold Sad Girl is a splendid one to behold Sad Girl is a splendid one to behold Sad Girl is a splendid one to behold Sad Girl is a splendid one to behold Sad Girl is a splendid one to behold Sad Girl is a splendid one to behold Sad Girl is a splendid one to behold

what a waste of time, if it's true
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 05:05 AM   #11
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Грустная Девушк View Post
what a waste of time, if it's true
crescentmoon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 05:05 AM   #12
country flag Offland

Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all Offland is a name known to all

That's what I've thought all along...I'm new here but already seen so much venomous posts .pretty harsh,hateful and scary , even for someone completely unrelated to it!
Offland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 05:07 AM   #13
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offland View Post
That's what I've thought all along...I'm new here but already seen so much venomous posts .pretty harsh,hateful and scary , even for someone completely unrelated to it!
I feel the same way about the hatefulness and I'm new here as well.
crescentmoon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #14
country flag danbo

danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future

nthing new. there's no doubt players - and tennis commentators - read their GM, MTF and TT. These are the biggest tennis discussion sites. Loud mouth Shriver definitely gets ideas from GM. Over on TT, it was even once rumoured that one Brad Gilbert was a poster.
danbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 05:10 AM   #15
country flag Noten
-

Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of

Of course they do. And for the ones who do not their agents do it for them.