Tennis Pentathlon #33,IW --Cooper96 and pedropt share the title! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 6th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #31
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Pentathlon #33,IW -- Send for Wednesday, still can join!

In
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 6th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #32
country flag valac222

valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute

18 till now (+the usual late senders)

Still anybody can join, just send your picks!
valac222 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #33
country flag valac222

valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute

Pickstats
Code:
WAR                                                                                               Other events
Soler-Espinosa_____7    King______________16…                           …Soler-Espinosa_____8    King______________15
Kuznetsova________22    Hlavackova_________1…                           …Kuznetsova________23    Hlavackova_________0
Pennetta__________15    Schiavone__________8…                           …Pennetta__________13    Schiavone_________10
Pironkova__________6    Mchale____________17…                           …Pironkova__________6    Mchale____________17
Craybas____________7    Burdette__________16…                           …Craybas____________5    Burdette__________18
Puchkova__________17    Sanchez____________6…                           …Puchkova__________20    Sanchez____________3
Halep______________7    Davis_____________16…                           …Halep______________9    Davis_____________14
Min________________5    Dominguez-Lino____18…                           …Min________________5    Dominguez-Lino____18
Mladenovic________21    Scheepers__________2…                           …Mladenovic________22    Scheepers__________1
Erakovic__________22    Peer_______________1…                           …Erakovic__________23    Peer_______________0
Zheng_____________14    Pervak_____________9…                           …Zheng_____________17    Pervak_____________6
Medina-Garrigues__15    Dellacqua__________7…                           …Medina-Garrigues__19    Dellacqua__________3
Minella____________6    Govortsova________16…                           …Minella____________4    Govortsova________18
Morita____________15    Tsurenko___________8…                           …Morita____________18    Tsurenko___________5
Babos_____________16    Larsson____________7…                           …Babos_____________18    Larsson____________5
Arruabarrena-Vecino9    Karatantcheva_____13…                           …Arruabarrena-Vecino7    Karatantcheva_____15
Code:
Toprow picks
King_______________2
Kuznetsova________10    
Pennetta___________1    
Schiavone__________1
Burdette___________2
Puchkova___________1    
Halep______________1    
Mladenovic_________1    
Erakovic___________2    
Zheng______________2
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #34
country flag valac222

The ones who missed 1-2 matches can still send those.
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #35
country flag valac222

I was just playing a little bit with rankings:

@Joeh37

TC - 11th
WAR – 4th
SEQ – 1st
PRO -7th
FO – 1st

Comparing FO and TC rankings, there can be 2 conclusions:
-You are picking far better in the second half of the tourney. (So in TT, if you survive 1st round you probably go pretty far)
-Your SR picking is not good

Comparing SEQ with TC it is obvious that you identify the obvious matches pretty well, but you more or less misspicking the 50-50 matches. This is reinforced with a way better WAR ranking.

Comparing SEQ and PRO clearly shows, that SRs are not really your friend.

Conclusions:
-You should try PAW
-Go for more „surprise” on first round matches (in TT), but dont change your later rounds.
-Be more carefull with SRs.
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #36
country flag randy72391

randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute

lol @ no one picking Pe'er in the first round vs erakovic

SURVIVOR Wimbledon Announcement

Here
randy72391 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #37
country flag joeh37

joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by valac222 View Post
I was just playing a little bit with rankings:

@Joeh37

TC - 11th
WAR – 4th
SEQ – 1st
PRO -7th
FO – 1st

Comparing FO and TC rankings, there can be 2 conclusions:
-You are picking far better in the second half of the tourney. (So in TT, if you survive 1st round you probably go pretty far)
-Your SR picking is not good

Comparing SEQ with TC it is obvious that you identify the obvious matches pretty well, but you more or less misspicking the 50-50 matches. This is reinforced with a way better WAR ranking.

Comparing SEQ and PRO clearly shows, that SRs are not really your friend.

Conclusions:
-You should try PAW
-Go for more „surprise” on first round matches (in TT), but dont change your later rounds.
-Be more carefull with SRs.
Thankyou for that Laszlo, very interesting. I agree I tend to pick the 50 50 matches wrong but am good at predicting upsets, hence why my WAR score still isn't too low.
Can't comment on my TT experience I usually play ITF's so it's not the same as the matches hear. When I have played WTA TT I usually do fine in qualies then lose when we start playing main draw matches consistent with what you're saying I guess.
My SR's are always totally random. I just see no way of really knowing in tight matches, some days I put 20 just to save time.
I really want to try PAW but I'm worried about taking too much on I do have a life outside this board (hard as that is to believe)

Thankyou for years of service to British tennis

@Joeh_37
joeh37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #38
country flag valac222

@Igorche

TC - 6th
WAR – 17th
SEQ – 12th
PRO -6th
FO – 7th

TC, PRO and FO are pretty similar but SEQ and WAR are way lower. You go for too much surprise results then necesarry, even for „big” surprises. If time to time it works then you go pretty far, but most of the cases you drop early.
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 06:26 AM   #39
country flag valac222

Last edited by valac222 : Mar 7th, 2013 at 06:46 AM.
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 06:26 AM   #40
country flag valac222

Order Of Play

day OOP

Lucie Hradecka vs Taylor Townsend
Bethanie Mattek-Sands vs Jamie Hampton
Madison Keys vs Melanie Oudin
Laura Robson vs Sofia Arvidsson
Stephanie Foretz-Gacon vs Daniela Hantuchova
Irina-Camelia Begu vs Heather Watson
Bojana Jovanovski vs Garbine Muguruza
Kimiko Date-Krumm vs Galina Voskoboeva
Mirjana Lucic-Baroni vs Pauline Parmentier
Alexandra Dulgheru vs Michelle Larcher De Brito
Urszula Radwanska vs Arantxa Rus
Petra Martic vs Stefanie Voegele
Elina Svitolina vs Monica Niculescu
Annika Beck vs Kiki Bertens
Magdalena Rybarikova vs Romina Oprandi
Monica Puig vs Alize Cornet

(You may have a separate set of picks for WAR)
(SEND LAST NAMES ONLY PLEASE)
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #41
country flag Igorche

Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by valac222 View Post
@Igorche

TC - 6th
WAR – 17th
SEQ – 12th
PRO -6th
FO – 7th

TC, PRO and FO are pretty similar but SEQ and WAR are way lower. You go for too much surprise results then necesarry, even for „big” surprises. If time to time it works then you go pretty far, but most of the cases you drop early.
Bojana Jovanovski/Jelena Janković/Ana Ivanović/Vesna Dolonc/Aleksandra Krunić/Jovana Jakšić/Ivana Jorović/Doroteja Erić/Katarina Jokić/Nina Stojanović/Dejana Radanović/Nikolina Jović/Natalija Kostić/Tamara Čurović/Jelena Dokić/Kristina Mladenović/Andrea Petković
Igorche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #42
country flag ronim1

ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of
Re: Tennis Pentathlon #33,IW --pedropt leads, send for today!

Can you please post a link to the detailed explanations of each sub-event?
2010- Tipping: Winner-Generali Ladies Linz;
2009 Winner Tipping:
Portoroz;2008 Winner Suicide Tennis: Generali Ladies Linz Tipping: Fortis Luxembourg;Kremlin Cup;Guangzhou;New Haven;OG Beijing;Los Angeles;Rome
ronim1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #43
country flag valac222

^^^ Post #7 on front page.
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #44
country flag valac222

Pickstats
Code:
WAR                                                                                               Other events
Hradecka__________13    Townsend___________8…                           …Hradecka__________18    Townsend___________3
Mattek-Sands_______7    Hampton___________14…                           …Mattek-Sands_______7    Hampton___________14
Keys______________16    Oudin______________5…                           …Keys______________18    Oudin______________3
Robson____________18    Arvidsson__________3…                           …Robson____________18    Arvidsson__________3
Foretz-Gacon_______3    Hantuchova________18…                           …Foretz-Gacon_______1    Hantuchova________20
Begu_______________4    Watson____________17…                           …Begu_______________3    Watson____________18
Jovanovski________12    Muguruza___________9…                           …Jovanovski________15    Muguruza___________6
Date-Krumm________10    Voskoboeva________11…                           …Date-Krumm_________9    Voskoboeva________12
Lucic-Baroni______13    Parmentier_________8…                           …Lucic-Baroni______14    Parmentier_________7
Dulgheru___________6    Ldb_______________14…                           …Dulgheru___________6    Ldb_______________14
Radwanska_________18    Rus________________3…                           …Radwanska_________19    Rus________________2
Martic_____________8    Voegele___________13…                           …Martic_____________7    Voegele___________14
Svitolina__________3    Niculescu_________18…                           …Svitolina__________0    Niculescu_________21
Beck_______________8    Bertens___________13…                           …Beck_______________7    Bertens___________14
Rybarikova________13    Oprandi____________8…                           …Rybarikova________14    Oprandi____________7
Puig______________11    Cornet____________10…                           …Puig_______________7    Cornet____________14
Code:
Toprow picks
Hradecka___________3  
Keys_______________3    
Oudin______________1
Hantuchova_________5
Watson_____________2
Date-Krumm_________1  
Radwanska__________3  
Niculescu__________2
Puig_______________1
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 08:50 PM   #45
country flag valac222

Order Of Play

Friday OOP

Petra Kvitova vs Mandy Minella
Lesia Tsurenko vs Yaroslava Shvedova
Klara Zakopalova vs Shahar Peer
Simona Halep vs Dominika Cibulkova
Maria Kirilenko vs Christina Mchale
Mallory Burdette vs Tamira Paszek
Sorana Cirstea vs Anabel Medina-Garrigues
Maria Sanchez vs Agnieszka Radwanska
Sara Errani vs Lourdes Dominguez-Lino
Johanna Larsson vs Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Jelena Jankovic vs Svetlana Kuznetsova
Chanelle Scheepers vs Marion Bartoli
Roberta Vinci vs Ksenia Pervak
Lara Arruabarrena-Vecino vs Varvara Lepchenko
Carla Suarez-Navarro vs Silvia Soler-Espinosa
Francesca Schiavone vs Maria Sharapova

(You may have a separate set of picks for WAR)
(SEND LAST NAMES ONLY PLEASE)