Who is your favorite Oscar's Best Actress of the last decade? - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Oscar's Best Actress of the last decade?

Best Actress 2003: Charlize Theron (Monster) 41 27.52%
Best Actress 2004: Hilary Swank (Million Dollar Baby) 7 4.70%
Best Actress 2005: Reese Witherspoon (Walk The Line) 3 2.01%
Best Actress 2006: Helen Mirren (The Queen) 7 4.70%
Best Actress 2007: Marion Cotillard (La Vie en Rose) 28 18.79%
Best Actress 2008: Kate Winslet (The Reader) 16 10.74%
Best Actress 2009: Sandra Bullock (The Blind Side) 4 2.68%
Best Actress 2010: Natalie Portman (Black Swan) 18 12.08%
Best Actress 2011: Meryl Streep (The Iron Lady) 12 8.05%
Best Actress 2012: Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook) 13 8.72%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 1st, 2013, 10:02 AM   #76
Cookiecrusher

Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future
Re: Who is your favorite Oscar's Best Actress of the last decade?

Marion Cotillard

Djokovic Wawrinka Gasquet del Potro

Also good luck to Jankovic, Vesnina, Stosur, Pennetta, Kerber and Halep
Cookiecrusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 1st, 2013, 01:45 PM   #77
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

i used to really dislike theron and her forced performances. she was just a model who got lucky in my eyes. but recently i've changed my mind a bit. when it's a camp/bitchy role, she's quite good ("prometheus" "young adult" "snow white"). i still wouldn't call her a "great actress", though.

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 05:09 PM   #78
country flag Tennisation

Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat View Post
i used to really dislike theron and her forced performances. she was just a model who got lucky in my eyes. but recently i've changed my mind a bit. when it's a camp/bitchy role, she's quite good ("prometheus" "young adult" "snow white"). i still wouldn't call her a "great actress", though.
Really? I thought she did nothing for Prometheus. Her role was so irrelevant that the movie could have done without her. She was completely outclassed by Noomi Rapace.
Tennisation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 05:32 PM   #79
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisation View Post
Really? I thought she did nothing for Prometheus. Her role was so irrelevant that the movie could have done without her. She was completely outclassed by Noomi Rapace.
The whole movie was a waste of space I thought, and especially a waste of Noomi Rapace's talent. She was completely miscast as the dorky and clueless christian archeologist, such a disappointment after seeing her as Lisbeth Salander in the Millenium series.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 08:25 PM   #80
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
Loved Charlize in Monster, and she was fantastic in Young Adult, loved that movie! I hated North County, though, horrible and she wasn't remotely convincing as an iron mine worker. I thought the whole movie was laughable. Do give Young Adult a try, and if you view it as a comedy from the start instead of realizing it was a dark comedy halfway through, you will enjoy it a lot more.
Agree with all of this. Theron is earth-shatteringly good in Monster. And Young Adult is a great example of why she's actually one of the most versatile actresses right now.

I'm sick of reading the same biased shit about Natalie Portman in these sort of threads. I see her on the same level as somebody like Kirsten Dunst. Even Mila Kunis was better in Black Swan. Which was just a more "serious" and less enjoyable version of Showgirls.
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 10:08 PM   #81
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktymise View Post
And Young Adult is a great example of why she's actually one of the most versatile actresses right now.
Indeed. And even though Snow White is a camp, bitchy superficial role, she showed that she could handle the 'fantasy' role with a great deal of authenticity and skill.

She's not quite on the level of Cate Blanchett level of versatility, but she's damn good, and has a real acting brain from what I've seen of her in interviews and her films themselves. Much better than Portman, who basically recycles her roles and modifies them.
The Dawntreader is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 10:12 PM   #82
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Who saw Jennifer Lawrence's photos on D-Listed, smoking a joint and sipping wine on a hotel balcony in Hawaii? One was great, wine bottle in one hand, full wine glass and joint in the other. Classy!
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 10:19 PM   #83
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who saw Jennifer Lawrence's photos on D-Listed, smoking a joint and sipping wine on a hotel balcony in Hawaii? One was great, wine bottle in one hand, full wine glass and joint in the other. Classy!
Post. Is that her "morning after" photo?

Classic:

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 10:36 PM   #84

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Post. Is that her "morning after" photo?

Classic:

Yes, along the same lines, but updated for today's more "casual" lifestyles.
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 10:39 PM   #85
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, along the same lines, but updated for today's more "casual" lifestyles.
I've seen it. Yes, "casual" lifestyles.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 10:42 PM   #86
Lucemferre

Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute

Sandra Bullock of course

No. Marion Cotillard.
Lucemferre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 01:06 AM   #87
country flag Geertvg
Team WTAworld

Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute

Portman. Hands down.

Last.fm
Geertvg is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 04:37 AM   #88
country flag .ivy.

.ivy. has a brilliant future .ivy. has a brilliant future .ivy. has a brilliant future .ivy. has a brilliant future .ivy. has a brilliant future .ivy. has a brilliant future .ivy. has a brilliant future .ivy. has a brilliant future .ivy. has a brilliant future .ivy. has a brilliant future .ivy. has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktymise View Post
Agree with all of this. Theron is earth-shatteringly good in Monster. And Young Adult is a great example of why she's actually one of the most versatile actresses right now.

I'm sick of reading the same biased shit about Natalie Portman in these sort of threads. I see her on the same level as somebody like Kirsten Dunst. Even Mila Kunis was better in Black Swan. Which was just a more "serious" and less enjoyable version of Showgirls.
IA. I actually prefer Kirsten's overall filmography to Natalie's right now - she's got the franchise (Spiderman), the iconic teen comedy (Bring It On), quirky film (Elizabethtown, Drop Dead Gorgeous), critically acclaimed work (Eternal Sunshine, Melancholia) and she's never been in anything as blatantly for money as Natalie's Your Highness and No Strings Attached.

I think Kirsten and Natalie are the types of actresses that can turn out great performances with the right director, but are less consistent when they don't have that strong vision to work with.

Natalie was good in Black Swan, but I wouldn't put it at iconic level (certainly not at the level of Scarlett O'Hara/Vivien Leigh, who was a cultural phenomenon and will be remembered 50 years from now). I didn't think her performance showed much range or subtlety in her character.
"People think I’m a bitch when they first meet me because ‘Oh I’m pretty, oh I have this beautiful body’ and they are right. Don’t waste your breath with me if you don’t have a Bentley or a fur on hand ready to give me."
.ivy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 07:24 AM   #89
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with what Sharapova said during Oscar 2013

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic •
tumblr.graphics thread
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 11:36 AM   #90

I'm getting old when I see Sharapova calling other people so young, fresh, and youthful!