Obama To Meet With LGBT Activists While In Russia - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 01:42 AM   #1
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute
Obama To Meet With LGBT Activists While In Russia

Source: BuzzFeed

Following his cancellation of a bilateral meeting with President Vladimir Putin, U.S. President Barack Obama may infuriate the Kremlin further by meeting Russian human rights activists, including LGBT rights groups, during his upcoming trip to St Petersburg for the G20 summit.

Four Russian non-governmental organizations told BuzzFeed Monday they had been invited to the meeting, scheduled for this Thursday at St. Petersburg’s Crowne Plaza Hotel. The groups include veteran human rights activists Lev Ponomarev and Lyudmila Alexeyeva, legal aid NGO director Pavel Chikov, and Coming Out, a St.
Petersburg-based LGBT organization. Another local LGBT group, the LGBT Network, is believed to be attending, though director Igor Kochetkov declined to comment to BuzzFeed, saying that he had been “asked not to say anything.”

Election monitoring group Golos is also believed to have been invited, though BuzzFeed could not reach its director or deputy director to confirm. Russia’s justice ministry forced Golos, which used to receive funding from USAID, to disband this summer under a law on “foreign agents” that many believed was created specifically to target the group.

It is believed to be the first time Obama has met with members of the Russian LGBT community. Asked about Russia’s anti-LGBT law in August, Obama told Jay Leno that he had “no patience for countries that try to treat gays or lesbians or transgender persons in ways that intimidate them or are harmful to them.

Read more: http://www.buzzfeed.com/maxseddon/ob...-g20-sidelines

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 02:37 AM   #2
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Obama To Meet With LGBT Activists While In Russia

He'll do anything to appeal to the people who've rightly abandoned him over the drone strikes. Sorry but nothing will make up for the amount of innocent civilians who've died thanks to the drones regardless of how honourable this is.

I'm sure the establishment Democrats will fawn over this while ignoring wire tapping, gitmo, drones etc.
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 02:57 AM   #3
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
He'll do anything to appeal to the people who've rightly abandoned him over the drone strikes. Sorry but nothing will make up for the amount of innocent civilians who've died thanks to the drones regardless of how honourable this is.

I'm sure the establishment Democrats will fawn over this while ignoring wire tapping, gitmo, drones etc.
What has that got to do with LGBT rights?

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 03:55 AM   #4
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

I do not understand why a US President would visit Russia and NOT meet the Russian President, whatever their differences. Why go to Russia? To totter around the Palace and view the sights?

And I am surprised he is getting a visa given his snub to Putin.

Not sure how it will look back in the US: President snubs President but meets a load of gays! Will that really endear him to middle America?

Seems a futile trip.
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 04:09 AM   #5
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
What has that got to do with LGBT rights?
Nothing at all but if gay people are going to cheerlead Obama just because of this then it makes me sick when his actions have KILLED civilian men, women and children in Pakistan and Yemen in particular. They are much much much bigger issues in my opinion. But of course let every establishment democrat and alleged progressive tell us how wonderful Obama is just cause he likes gays.

Kill as many civilians as you want but as long as you support LGBT rights you get a pass apparently.

This President has show less respect to laws and the US constitution than even Bush and has been a complete and total failure but alleged "progressives" still support him because he picks easy issues like this to support.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #6
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

asking for trouble.....

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 03:09 AM   #7
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
asking for trouble.....
+1

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
it-girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 03:36 AM   #8
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute

They can have a sodomy orgy together for all they want. Russia is a free country. Private life is private life.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 08:30 AM   #9
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys View Post
They can have a sodomy orgy together for all they want. Russia is a free country. Private life is private life.
Your unbelievable.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #10
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wow.
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #11
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ah irony
swissmr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #12
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
I do not understand why a US President would visit Russia and NOT meet the Russian President, whatever their differences. Why go to Russia? To totter around the Palace and view the sights?

And I am surprised he is getting a visa given his snub to Putin.

Not sure how it will look back in the US: President snubs President but meets a load of gays! Will that really endear him to middle America?

Seems a futile trip.
Won't hardly even register as news, snubbing the Russian President won't raise a single eye brow. As for "middle America" yeah they might not be fond of gays but they are the same ones who probably still hold negative views of Russia (post Cold War mentality) so it's a wash. The more progressive people who hold more positive views of the nation don't like their policies on gays so s snubbing the president will be viewed more favorably. It's not a risky move anyway u look at it, although I will admit its a tad bit surprising.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #13
*Sesil*

In response to your rep I actually am gay but if you want to overlook how many deaths are on the hands of President Obama for your own faux-progressivism that is fine.
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #14
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
Your unbelievable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissmr View Post
Ah irony
It's not worth it .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #15
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a fan of this. People like ys are too ludicrous to dignify with a response.
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote