Florianapolis R1: Tereza Mrdeza (Q) crushes Shahar Peer 6-0 6-3 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 26th, 2013, 12:19 AM   #61
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Florianapolis R1: Tereza Mrdeza (Q) crushes Shahar Peer 6-0 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel View Post
Well I'm not Australian but I am an Israeli (if you couldn't tell thus far) and you just don't know how much pressure there is on Shahar to beat the top players and become the number one (which is obviously impossible with her weapons, or to be exact lack of weapons). She's always criticized, even when she gives it her best shot. Even when she was ranked 11th in the world the pressure was there. When she fell to #37 in the world the Israeli media made it look like the end of the world and now when she's at the biggest crysis of her career the press suddenly starts feeling sorry for her.
She's not cocky, that's the last thing you could say about Shahar. She said in the interview that if her ranking would force her to go to ITFs she would do just that.
What's going on with her? I mean is there something in her personal life that would cause her to spiral out of control so quickly.
crescentmoon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 26th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #62
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

It always amazes me how common it is for players to have a complete lack of direction or perspective on their career. Shachar needs to go away and think about what she wants to do and then come back with a plan and just give it everything. There is no point playing when you've already decided you're going to lose.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 01:07 AM   #63
country flag Tripp

Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen Mrdeza playing live and was unimpressed. She's consistent enough, I'll give you that, so I'm guessing Shahar must've sucked really bad.
Tripp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #64
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #65
Cookiecrusher

Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future

Wow....new low for Shahar...

The time when she was just a match away from entering the Top 10 seems so faraway now.

Djokovic Wawrinka Gasquet del Potro

Also good luck to Jankovic, Vesnina, Stosur, Pennetta, Kerber and Halep
Cookiecrusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #66
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleenex View Post
The time when she was just a match away from entering the Top 10 seems so faraway now.
Thanks god

Léigh anois go cúramach ar do scrúdpháipéar na treoracha agus na ceisteanna a gahbann le cuid A
KournikovaFan91 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #67
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute

The only encouraging thing about this thread is that there are still a bit more fair posters than gloaters and haters...

As for the result, I am no longer surprised by anything, and I mean anything.
She said she's ready to play some ITFs, but it's hard to envision her doing anything there either without taking a break and thinking things through...
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenUK View Post
Posters often make the comment 'new low' about bad losses, but this is totally applicable to Shahar Peer in this case - in her good years, she would never have lost to someone outside the top 100, let alone by such a horrendous scoreline. Hard to imagine she was 11 in the world just two years ago, her results have got worse and worse but the decline is getting steeper by the minute. This time last year she was at least capable of winning rounds here and there but has only won one WTA match without a retirement since Wimbledon and has now lost this match to a player who has never even been in the top 150. She has dropped out of the top 100 already so she will need to turn this form around soon to avoid having to qualify for the next grand slams. Is she heading for Rezai or Vaidisova territory? Is this her Stacey Tan moment? You really have to wonder if she has the appetite for tennis any more at this point...
First name that came to my mind seeing this result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonami Slam View Post
at those saying she was a tough player.

she's been getting easy draws her whole career.
Stop spreading lies, you hypocrite
You weren't saying this two years ago (or six), were you?
Same goes for the French guy who was hogging Shahar's forum when that Latvian kid was "coaching" her to nowhere last year, and now he's obviously rooting against her.
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #68
country flag Hapsara

Hapsara is a splendid one to behold Hapsara is a splendid one to behold Hapsara is a splendid one to behold Hapsara is a splendid one to behold Hapsara is a splendid one to behold Hapsara is a splendid one to behold Hapsara is a splendid one to behold Hapsara is a splendid one to behold Hapsara is a splendid one to behold Hapsara is a splendid one to behold Hapsara is a splendid one to behold

Tere and Vekic will be Croat new future stars
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 06:58 AM   #69
country flag Shonami Slam

Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer16 View Post
The only encouraging thing about this thread is that there are still a bit more fair posters than gloaters and haters...

As for the result, I am no longer surprised by anything, and I mean anything.
She said she's ready to play some ITFs, but it's hard to envision her doing anything there either without taking a break and thinking things through...

First name that came to my mind seeing this result.

Stop spreading lies, you hypocrite
You weren't saying this two years ago (or six), were you?
Same goes for the French guy who was hogging Shahar's forum when that Latvian kid was "coaching" her to nowhere last year, and now he's obviously rooting against her.

lol, ive never been a fan. if anything, i saw her playing a decade ago and was not impressed.
i rooted for her as a felliw countryman, but i grew tired of her quie fast, her game is aching to watch imo.

so if anyone is lying, it's you. ive said she us over ranked when she was at# 15, much more so when i dissed her# 11 CHR.

dont smear your israeli patriotism on me.
if you have nothing important to say, please do so in non-tennis forum. if you have something you think is important, but is actually rubbish regarding anything other than tennis - please do so in the non-tennis forum. if you have something tennis related to say, but it's actually "OMG, X player is so h0t!1" or "who has the biggest boobs on the wtatour" please do so in menstennisforum, under "wta forum". if you have something important, tennis-related and interesting to say please do so. No one in the world can understand how much tennis means to someone, except another fan.
Shonami Slam is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #70
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonami Slam View Post
lol, ive never been a fan. if anything, i saw her playing a decade ago and was not impressed.
i rooted for her as a felliw countryman, but i grew tired of her quie fast, her game is aching to watch imo.

so if anyone is lying, it's you. ive said she us over ranked when she was at# 15, much more so when i dissed her# 11 CHR.

dont smear your israeli patriotism on me.
To be fair, I checked and it seemed like you stopped rooting for her about 7 years ago, which is of course your prerogative, so while the other guy deserves the h-word I shouldn't have called you that.

However, the "been getting cakewalks all her career" (as I said, for last year only this is correct) is simply not true no matter how you twist it, and I already disproved it last week:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....0&postcount=27 (to which apparently you had no response)
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....7&postcount=24
Do you wanna go by all her slams and tier I draws one by one?

Shahar was underranked at #15 in both 2007 (with two slam QF) and mid-2010, and overranked at #11 in early 2011, when she was no longer playing her best tennis.

Last edited by Archer16 : Feb 28th, 2013 at 12:09 AM. Reason: sp
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote