Are We Finally Heading for a Kvitova-Azarenka Rivalry? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 09:40 PM   #1
country flag Tennisation

Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute
Are We Finally Heading for a Kvitova-Azarenka Rivalry?

This was the talk of the town at the beginning of last year and then Kvitova decided to go take a shiet elsewhere for the rest of the year. Many predicted that Generation Suck's Petra and Vika were going to finally take over and dominate the tour. Now that Kvitova is almost back to peak form and gaining confident, are we going to finally see this rivalry happen? Or is Azarenka shaking in her party rock anthem boots knowing that Kvitova's back to snatch her wig again like she did in 2011?
Tennisation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 09:44 PM   #2
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are We Finally Heading for a Kvitova-Azarenka Rivalry?

I don't believe Kvitova is a 4 or 5 slam winning player,and I think Azarenka is.

I don't see a rivalry happening there. Too many people can beat Kvitova.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 09:45 PM   #3
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisation View Post
This was the talk of the town at the beginning of last year and then Kvitova decided to go take a shiet elsewhere for the rest of the year. Many predicted that Generation Suck's Petra and Vika were going to finally take over and dominate the tour. Now that Kvitova is almost back to peak form and gaining confident, are we going to finally see this rivalry happen? Or is Azarenka shaking in her party rock anthem boots knowing that Kvitova's back to snatch her wig again like she did in 2011?
But but, but, how can Petra be getting back to form when (as you stated in a thread ) that Sharapova broke her mentally . So are you saying that someone who is broken mentally can be a rival to Vika
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 09:50 PM   #4
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

What rivalry? they have to meet each other first and it's not like Aza has a chance outside of blue clay anyway
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 09:52 PM   #5
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

How about they actually play a match before we even discuss a rivalry lol.
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:02 PM   #6
country flag laurie

laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
I don't believe Kvitova is a 4 or 5 slam winning player,and I think Azarenka is.

I don't see a rivalry happening there. Too many people can beat Kvitova.
One must have foresight and not just see what is happening immediately in front of them, it is good to have long term vision. You are talking about two players who are 22 years old and have 8 to 10 years left providing neither suffers serious injuries.

Your statement doesn't really make sense but I suspect you will want to respond with all sorts of justifications for coming to that strange conclusion.

http://www.classictennismatches.net/
laurie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:04 PM   #7
country flag Tenis Srbija

Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute

What? What? Really, what?
Kvitova defeated Wozniacki and Errani (in three) and right on she is back to being a contender for anything? Don't be silly.

Instagram
Tenis Srbija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:14 PM   #8
country flag laurie

laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute

Reading posts on Tennis forum is like reading the Daily Mail or the Sun newspaper, people here have absolutely no foresight and literally can only see things that stare them in the face, no vision whatsoever.

This is often reflected in the absolute over reaction to many results of matches and the significance of those results in a longer term career of a player.

Well all I can say is we will see how things pan out in two to three years time, you guys haven't got that kind of patience I know

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:18 PM   #9
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie View Post
One must have foresight and not just see what is happening immediately in front of them, it is good to have long term vision. You are talking about two players who are 22 years old and have 8 to 10 years left providing neither suffers serious injuries.

Your statement doesn't really make sense but I suspect you will want to respond with all sorts of justifications for coming to that strange conclusion.
See Exhibit A to see what you are dealing with

Exhibit A http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...594&highlight=

PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:18 PM   #10
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

How can we know when they haven't played a match since Vika has become a slam champ?

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:28 PM   #11
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

Petra just won Dubai

It's obvious she's serious contender in every tournament now and she's able to challenge everyone.
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:42 PM   #12
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One must have foresight and not just see what is happening immediately in front of them, it is good to have long term vision.
I've been watching tennis since before the open era, so I have to agree, it is good to have long term vision.
Quote:
Your statement doesn't really make sense.
Of course it does.
Quote:
I suspect you will want to respond with all sorts of justifications for coming to that strange conclusion.
No. And, what strange conclusion?
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:44 PM   #13
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:47 PM   #14
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

No, I don't think there will be a rivalry between Vika and Petra. I do think the next big rivalry in the WTA will be between Serena and Petra, the two of them vying for the the rest of the slams this year, IMO.
crescentmoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:48 PM   #15
country flag laurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetraReeMona View Post
See Exhibit A to see what you are dealing with

Exhibit A http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...594&highlight=