Top Five players - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 04:45 PM   #31
country flag honzaneumannn

honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all
Re: Top Five players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
IKR! I'm not a Venus fan but totally ignoring her due to her illness and irrelevance these days is just speechless.
Thats because her age. But that 6:0 last year in Miami Venus against Petra in Venus favor, that was something huge!!

Last edited by honzaneumannn : Feb 23rd, 2013 at 04:51 PM. Reason: mistake in data
honzaneumannn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:04 PM   #32
country flag TZVETI83

TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSumGame View Post
Based on current form, later part of 2012 - early 2013 tournament results, & H2Hs;

1)Serena
2)Vika
3)Li Na
4)ARad
5)Maria
The funny thing is however that in this period of 2012-2013, Radwanska's head to head record is as follows.

Serena Williams VS Radwanska 2-0 (Williams leads overall head to head 4-0)
Azarenka VS Radwanska 7-0 (Azarenka leads overall head to head 12-3)
Sharapova VS Radwanska 1-1 (Maria leads overall head to head 8-2)
Li VS Radwanska 4-2 (Na leads overall head to head 6-4)
Radwanska VS Kvitova 1-1 (Kvitova leads overall head to head 4-1)

She is 2 wins-15 losses against them during 2012-2013.

Overall her head to head against these five is 34 losses -10 wins.

That is not a very good head to head record. Radwanska has been a more consistent player than Kvitova in 2012 but she is definitely not near as good of a tennis player as Kvitova or Li and especially nowhere near the calibre of Azarenka, Sharapova or Williams.
TZVETI83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:12 PM   #33

honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZVETI83 View Post
The funny thing is however that in this period of 2012-2013, Radwanska's head to head record is as follows.

That is not a very good head to head record. Radwanska has been a more consistent player than Kvitova in 2012 but she is definitely not near as good of a tennis player as Kvitova or Li and especially nowhere near the calibre of Azarenka, Sharapova or Williams.
absolutelly true - and this is sadly, that such a player is still 4th in the rankings. She usually does not lose to lower-ranked players, thats the thing.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:15 PM   #34
country flag kusiak

kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by honzaneumannn View Post
It must really be very much frustrated, how badly the Polish (or originally Polish) girls play against the Czech ones. Petra vs Aga 4:1, Petra vs Caroline 5:3 with 4 last winning.
yes it is i don't know how it's even possible that Aga overtakes Petra in rankings this year and last year as well, hope Petra can turnaround things and get to the TOP 5 and reach again a slam final, otherwise this wins means as much as Cetkovska's wins. Good that she's got this Wimbledon and yec, but should be frustrating not getting near to this results since 2 years. good luck Petra, for TF you're number two, so show it!

SERENA WILLIAMS

MARTINA HINGIS! PLEASE DO ANOTHER COMEBACK!
kusiak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:16 PM   #35
country flag Alexander18

Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
The top five are the the five with the most points earned. The idea that it's supposed to be the most talented five is ludicrous. What if the most talented players decide to play only once in a while? Or they have injuries?

The whole point of the thread is to list the top 5 players at their best. Basically disregarding points and trying to list the 5 most talented players regardless of if they play only once in a while or have injuries.

If this thread was "List the current top 5 based on points" that would be the most boring thread ever, you could just head over to the WTA website.

and on that note, heaven forbid we actually hope for a top 5 that includes the 5 best players on tour
Alexander18 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:20 PM   #36
country flag Alexander18

Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Hopefully the top 5 at the end of the year will be the 5 players who earn the most ranking points and not the 5 players who TennisForum think deserve it most.
Off topic.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:23 PM   #37
country flag kusiak

kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of

Quote:

Kvitova in 2012:

VS Williams 0-1
VS Sharapova 0-3
VS Azarenka
VS Radwanska 0-1

Not good enough to get to the later stages of many tournaments to even get a chance facing TOP4. Imo not enough to be top 5. It's not about talent but about results on court.

SERENA WILLIAMS

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:23 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusiak View Post
yes it is i don't know how it's even possible that Aga overtakes Petra in rankings this year and last year as well, hope Petra can turnaround things and get to the TOP 5 and reach again a slam final, otherwise this wins means as much as Cetkovska's wins. Good that she's got this Wimbledon and yec, but should be frustrating not getting near to this results since 2 years. good luck Petra, for TF you're number two, so show it!
10 trophies of 12 finals is a rock-solid balance. The ranking isnt that important - remember last year - Serena being the 3rd in ranking and still geting W, US, YEC, Olympics and Madrid.

Aga will never be no 1, she has no natural power enough to get there - she cannot smash the ball at all, which you should have learned being a 10th year boy or girl. The only 3 girls that were able to win big trophies with lack of power were Evert-Loyd, Hingis and Hennin, all other were powerfull or solid hitters.

Agniezska is surely very consistent and always beats lower ranked players except the Czechs ones. But that is not enough. I was so laughing hearing the Polish commentators before the Aga - Petra match, that Aga should have surely prevailed Petra, as (sick) Petra was beaten by her in last years YEC. At the end of the match, their disapoitment was huge. And this situation will be repeated many times in future.

The only problem with Petra is her inconsistency. She can now be well beaten in IW in her first meeting here. It will always be a part of her (or Li Na), which is also the reason why Agniezska tends to be before her in the rankings. But with such a lack of power she can never win a GS (maybe RG, but she cant play clay that well).
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:27 PM   #39
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Hopefully the top 5 at the end of the year will be the 5 players who earn the most ranking points and not the 5 players who TennisForum think deserve it most.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
The top five are the the five with the most points earned. The idea that it's supposed to be the most talented five is ludicrous. What if the most talented players decide to play only once in a while? Or they have injuries?
LOL, get off your coach and not take it so seriously, you guys are hilarious. This thread is about who they want to be in the top 5 by the end of the year, that's it. It is subjective, you two are taking this too seriously.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:36 PM   #40
country flag TZVETI83

TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Kvitova in 2012:

VS Williams 0-1
VS Sharapova 0-3
VS Azarenka
VS Radwanska 0-1

Not good enough to get to the later stages of many tournaments to even get a chance facing TOP4. Imo not enough to be top 5. It's not about talent but about results on court.
Yeah Kvitova had an off year in 2012, it was to be expected especially after winning Wimbledon and YEC in 2011.
That does not change the fact that she is a grand slam champion and YEC winner and that her head to head record against Radwanska is 4-1.
As mentioned previously this thread is about the top five players at their best and sorry but Radwanska has no place on my list.
And if we are talking slams, Kvitova in 2012 made Semis of the Aussie Open, Semis of Roland Garros, QF of Wimbledon and Round of 16 of the US Open.

Radwanska made the QF's of the Aussie Open, the 3d Round of Roland Garros, the finals of Wimbledon and the 4th Round of the US Open.
Besides that lucky run at Wimbledon she is nothing more than another solid top ten player.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:36 PM   #41
country flag Alexander18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
LOL, get off your coach and not take it so seriously, you guys are hilarious. This thread is about who they want to be in the top 5 by the end of the year, that's it. It is subjective, you two are taking this too seriously.
This!!

It's even more annoying reading their posts written in such a condescending way despite being completely off topic

No one here even suggested changing the ranking system from the points system it currently is, to some subjective list about who the current top 5 players are. However, this thread was made for people to list who they thought were the 5 most talented players on tour.

People ruin everything

Last edited by Alexander18 : Feb 23rd, 2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:47 PM   #42
country flag kusiak

Quote:
Yeah Kvitova had an off year in 2012, it was to be expected especially after winning Wimbledon and YEC in 2011.
That does not change the fact that she is a grand slam champion and YEC winner and that her head to head record against Radwanska is 4-1.
As mentioned previously this thread is about the top five players at their best and sorry but Radwanska has no place on my list.
And if we are talking slams, Kvitova in 2012 made Semis of the Aussie Open, Semis of Roland Garros, QF of Wimbledon and Round of 16 of the US Open.

Radwanska made the QF's of the Aussie Open, the 3d Round of Roland Garros, the finals of Wimbledon and the 4th Round of the US Open.
Besides that lucky run at Wimbledon she is nothing more than another solid top ten player.
I'm sorry. Can't agree. I would rather say that ballbashers are lucky to find a form and rhytm in 5 of 50 tounaments to win it when everything works perfectly than a consistent player who is solid overall getting to a slam final. I know Aga never made to the semis before and still after but there is hope for a little change this year.

SERENA WILLIAMS

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:51 PM   #43
country flag TZVETI83

Quote:
I'm sorry. Can't agree. I would rather say that ballbashers are lucky to find a form and rhytm in 5 of 50 tounaments to win it when everything works perfectly than a consistent player who is solid overall getting to a slam final. I know Aga never made to the semis before and still after but there is hope for a little change this year.
That is no problem, its good that we have different opinions, that way it makes for a much more interesting discussion.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:54 PM   #44
country flag LCS

LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why people are starting to talk bs after one tournament? Petra numer two over Vika and Maria..... I can't Wait when she beats any of this players you included in your list...
She's not Agatha
W: (12) Australian Open (11) 50K Monzon, Toronto F: (12) Montreal (09) 25K Redding, Bali YEC (08) Memphis, Stanford, 100K Krakow SF: (13) Toronto (12) Estoril Open (09) Roland Garros, Stanford (08) Auckland, Rome, Eastbourne, New Haven
Doubles W: (11) Hobart (09) 25K Redding (08) Doha, Istanbul (07) Estoril Open F: (12) Pattaya, Roland Garros, Stanford (11) Guangzhou(08) Memphis, Wimbledon, New Haven (07) Bali SF: (11) Trnava (10) Stuttgart (08) Budapest (07)Birmingham, US Open QF: (12) Australian Open (11) Roland Garros
LCS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 06:38 PM   #45
country flag Markobojo

Markobojo is a name known to all Markobojo is a name known to all Markobojo is a name known to all Markobojo is a name known to all Markobojo is a name known to all Markobojo is a name known to all Markobojo is a name known to all Markobojo is a name known to all Markobojo is a name known to all Markobojo is a name known to all Markobojo is a name known to all

Serena Williams
Ana Ivanovic
Jelena Jankovic
Venus Williams
Bojana Jovanovski
:P
Markobojo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote