Top Five players - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:16 PM   #16
country flag kusiak

kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of
Re: Top Five players

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangwoo View Post
1. serena
2/3 kvitova/azarenka
4 li na
5 sharapova

6 kerber
7 radwanska

8 stosur
9 wozniacki

10 errani
Kerber over Radwanska...yeahhh bravo. Can't wait to see Aza/Kvitova match. I bet straight set victory for Azarenka. Maria also will beat Petra anywhere except Wimbledon.

AGA - FUTURE SLAM CHAMP AND WORLD NUMBER ONE

SERENA WILLIAMS - GOAT
kusiak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:20 PM   #17
country flag kusiak

kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
oh please...stop getting so butt hurt over this harmless list...everyone knows serena and petra are the best players on the tour at their best...that's why they should be 1 & 2 and only meet in finals...so really, get over yourself
Should, would...blach,blah,blah. She will be numer two when she starts to win big tournaments. Atm she is not. Talent alone will not get you there. You have to work hard. And if you can't constantly play your best or very good tenis maybe you're not that good? Let's see where Petra will be when year ends.

SERENA WILLIAMS - GOAT
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:21 PM   #18
country flag TZVETI83

TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusiak View Post
top 5 players are: serena, vika, maria, aga and na. "at their best" is overrated. kvitova played goat Wimbledon and yec and we had to wait so long for her to win "big" title. she beat here some good players that's all. if she keeps winning and replace Li or Rad in top5 then she is top5.
Petra is a much better player than Radwanska, she has much more potential and just look at their head to head record.

Personally for me the top five should be Serena, Azarenka, Kvitova, Sharapova, Li and that is in no particular order. It would be good for the WTA to have a top five this strong once again.
TZVETI83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:21 PM   #19
Sarindipity

Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZVETI83 View Post
Of course Venus is one of the best players in the past 20 years, no doubt about that but lets be honest she is way passed her best tennis even though I would love to see her back in the fold.
Venus

Last edited by Sarindipity : Feb 23rd, 2013 at 05:45 PM.
Sarindipity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:23 PM   #20
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

At their best

Serena Williams
Maria Sharapova
Petra Kvitova
Victoria Azarenka
Li Na
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:25 PM   #21
country flag kusiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZVETI83 View Post
Petra is a much better player than Radwanska, she has much more potential and just look at their head to head record.

Personally for me the top five should be Serena, Azarenka, Kvitova, Sharapova, Li and that is in no particular order. It would be good for the WTA to have a top five this strong once again.
Radwanska has loosing record against Cetkovska as well and Serena against Bammer. Who is better player? That's a joke of course cause it's a different story. But overall if Petra is better then she will be there in top 5 after YEC ahead of Radwanska nad Li. If yes then okay, I agree, she is better.

SERENA WILLIAMS - GOAT
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:26 PM   #22
country flag Mynarco
Thank You For The Music

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Venus
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:27 PM   #23
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

It should be:
1) Serena
2) Petra
3) Li Na
4) Vika
5) Sharapova
crescentmoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:28 PM   #24
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

If they all play GOAT tennis then its

Serena Williams
Petra Kvitova
Li Na
Maria Sharapova
Mona Barthel

sadly, two of them colossal headcases and another just raw without refinement to get to Top10 even
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:34 PM   #25
country flag TZVETI83

TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
The top five are the the five with the most points earned. The idea that it's supposed to be the most talented five is ludicrous. What if the most talented players decide to play only once in a while? Or they have injuries?
We are talking at their best, that is the whole point of this thread and currently my list is definitely something that could and probably will happen by the end of the year.

Radwanska, Kerber and Errani are no match for Sharapova, Azarenka, Serena, Li or Kvitova at their best. Head to Head record paints the same picture.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:35 PM   #26
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Based on current form, later part of 2012 - early 2013 tournament results, & H2Hs;

1)Serena
2)Vika
3)Li Na
4)ARad
5)Maria
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:40 PM   #27
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully the top 5 at the end of the year will be the 5 players who earn the most ranking points and not the 5 players who TennisForum think deserve it most.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:43 PM   #28
country flag TZVETI83

Sharapova, Azarenka, Li, Kvitova and Serena have all won slams and I do not think anyone would be surprised by seeing them winning another slam in the near future while Radwanska, Kerber and Errani although good players I do not see any of them as favorites for any slam in the near future. Maybe with a good draw on their best surface or when the other five listed are not playing at their best.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:43 PM   #29
country flag honzaneumannn

honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusiak View Post
top 5 players are: serena, vika, maria, aga and na. "at their best" is overrated. kvitova played goat Wimbledon and yec and we had to wait so long for her to win "big" title. she beat here some good players that's all. if she keeps winning and replace Li or Rad in top5 then she is top5.
It must really be very much frustrated, how badly the Polish (or originally Polish) girls play against the Czech ones. Petra vs Aga 4:1, Petra vs Caroline 5:3 with 4 last winning.
honzaneumannn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:43 PM   #30
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xepher View Post
Poor Venus
IKR! I'm not a Venus fan but totally ignoring her due to her illness and irrelevance these days is just speechless.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote